PDA

View Full Version : sex offenders map

mitch
10-25-2005, 10:24 AM
This is pasted from another site I visit, pretty interesting:

Enter your address...it will show your house on a map... all the little color boxes are Sex Offenders near you... click on them and you get a name, address & picture of the person along with his or her crime... pretty amazing.

it shows you where they live in proximity to your home and
the local schools.

http://www.familywatchdog.us/Search.asp

sizzler
10-25-2005, 10:29 AM
now thats what we need in the UK........but some do-gooding leftie would bang on about the sex-offenders human rights......

stevo137
10-25-2005, 10:36 AM
Wow Mitch, that is very interesting.
I even see that there is a child offender that works near the grade school where my kids attended.
SCARY!
Thanks for the post.

mitch
10-25-2005, 10:37 AM
now thats what we need in the UK........but some do-gooding leftie would bang on about the sex-offenders human rights......

That's too bad, as I've got 2 w/i a mile and a 1/2 from me. :eek: Hope they come up w/ something for you guys

LakePirate
10-25-2005, 11:06 AM
You guys are late, I already knew that I have one in the neighborhood. Each state should have a registry that will provide you with a picture as well as an address. This is pretty cool (other than the fact that we need it).

milkmania
10-25-2005, 11:11 AM
Wow Mitch, that is very interesting.
I even see that there is a child offender near the grade school where my kids attended.
SCARY!
Thanks for the post.

the system is terribly flawed!!!
look how close this guy/girl is to a playground!

this is where Grandma used to live in Tulsa....

mitch
10-25-2005, 11:14 AM
the system is terribly flawed!!!
look how close this guy/girl is to a playground!

this is where Grandma used to live in Tulsa....

Thats a little disturbing

milkmania
10-25-2005, 11:14 AM
You guys are late, I already knew that I have one in the neighborhood. Each state should have a registry that will provide you with a picture as well as an address. This is pretty cool (other than the fact that we need it).

I've got 2 in the neighborhood that don't show on my map!!!

small community... estimated population 2003= 317:rant:

Leroy
10-25-2005, 11:20 AM
Yes, it showed someone I already knew of from another site I had looked at.

erkoehler
10-25-2005, 11:24 AM
That is nuts, .25 miles from me is the closest one.

VTJC
10-25-2005, 12:19 PM
Those of you in Florida might find this scary: http://www.floridasexualpredator.com/

phecksel
10-25-2005, 12:21 PM
map is a good idea. Site must have gotten hit real hard in the last few minutes as I tried to zoom in, nothing is happening.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-25-2005, 12:28 PM
Yes, it showed someone I already knew of from another site I had looked at.
Looks like that website is based in your hometown.

ski_king
10-25-2005, 12:52 PM
Dosen't work in PA :mad:

"No mapable data
Unfortunately, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Vermont do not currently provide addresses for registered sex offender."

jimmer2880
10-25-2005, 07:51 PM
The location of my address was actually about 5 miles away from where I live. Wonder how accurate the distances really are?

Great site though. Pretty-much matches what I've seen in the offenders DB.

jmyers
10-25-2005, 08:25 PM
There are 3 within 2 blocks of me, and within 3 blocks of an elementry school!! And they are all three sexual assault with a minor!! Oh that is smart letting those scumballs @#@!@@@# live anywhere near children period let alone a school!!! :noface: :mad:

milkmania
10-25-2005, 08:48 PM
There are 3 within 2 blocks of me, and within 3 blocks of an elementry school!! And they are all three sexual assault with a minor!! Oh that is smart letting those scumballs @#@!@@@# live anywhere near children period let alone a school!!! :noface: :mad:

I've said it all along......child predators should have barcodes on their foreheads:rant:

Leroy
10-25-2005, 08:51 PM
Yes, looks like the organization is located in my hometown.

I found one guy that works at my company. Not sure what to do with this information. I know one neighborhood in Fishers was trying to make the guy wear a "I'm a sex offender" shirt anytime he was out of his house in the neighborhood. He moved away.

If you have kids and have attempted or actual pick-ups in your neighborhood it's real and it's scary.

Leroy
10-25-2005, 10:32 PM
Hate pushing to the top, but this topic is certainly getting good attention.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/10/25/sex.offenders.ap/index.html

MarkP
10-25-2005, 11:11 PM
No mapable data

Unfortunately, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Vermont do not currently provide addresses for registered sex offenders. Consequently, we are unable to provide adequate or meaningful information about sex offenders located in these states. We will add functionality that will allow searches by name and city in the future.

We suggest that you contact your state senators and representatives and ask them why you cannot have access to critical information you need to protect your loved ones. Tell them that you want the same registered sex offender location information that is available to your neighbors in surrounding states.

We will continue to monitor these four states. When they begin publicizing offender address information we will provide it to Family Watchdog visitors.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-25-2005, 11:13 PM
Dosen't work in PA :mad:

"No mapable data
Unfortunately, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Vermont do not currently provide addresses for registered sex offender."

Thats ok if its a "right to carry" state.... Take matters into your own hands....

jmyers
10-26-2005, 01:58 PM
Thats ok if its a "right to carry" state.... Take matters into your own hands....
Good call!! I am with you all the way, I know I would!! This subject just makes my blood boil!! :mad:

Workin' 4 Toys
10-26-2005, 03:36 PM
Right on!:toast:

roddydog
10-26-2005, 05:13 PM
Be nice to have something like that up here. My daughter turns 2 in Dec.

Ryan
10-26-2005, 05:40 PM
For CA you get their picture in addition to the info on the above sites. Some pretty creapy lookin' guys.
Meganslaw.ca.gov (http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/disclaimer.aspx) click through the disclaimer.

jmyers
10-26-2005, 06:01 PM
Be nice to have something like that up here. My daughter turns 2 in Dec.
Which a gun or the website? I say both! :headbang:

erkoehler
10-26-2005, 06:03 PM
I know some of my law enforcement professors have said that some departments will actually knock on your door if you move into a subdivision with a sex offender close by. That would pretty much piss me off after moving into a new neighborhood finding out two doors down is a sex offender.