PDA

View Full Version : M/c factory warranty on 2013's

varun
10-17-2013, 11:35 PM
I'm looking at a demo (used) x25 at a Mastercraft dealership up North, the owner of the dealership has titled the boat in his name so it seems to have 60+ demo/personal hours on it. The boat stands out from the rest as it has the 6.2 liter motor in it hence I'm considering buying it.
My question is what warranty did 2013's come with? Was it the 5/3 warranty where it was 5 years on the hull/electronics and 3 years on the motor?
I know the 2014's come with 5/5 which is 5 years on everything, may be the deal breaker which pushes me to get a newer boat if the numbers are close.
Lastly, if the warranty card has already been turned into M/c, and since i'll technically be the 2nd owner, will the warranty transfer to me, and if so, how do I go about transferring it and is there a fee?

bamabonners
10-17-2013, 11:59 PM
5/3 with option to buy additional, up to 6 on all.

lashburn1
10-18-2013, 12:07 AM
Doing the same thing with a loaded 2013 X30 6.2 Ilmore . In my case the boat has 170 hrs from 1 summer... Not bothered at all cause the Deal is very good... A new 13 or 14 is just too much to chomp on , even base models are more than fully loaded demos , and used...
If you can handle the fact that someone else sat in it,,, you can save some cash.
You just gotta do your homework.
Good luck

sand2snow22
10-18-2013, 12:23 AM
$450 to transfer warranty. Look near the end of owners manual for the transfer page. If he owns the dealership, I doubt warranty started..If so, make him pay for the transfer :)

swatguy
10-18-2013, 09:32 AM
The warranty has already started clicking from the first hour put on the boat when it was registered. Surprised the dealer actually registered the demo boat. That means he had to pay the taxes and fees on it. Normally dealer demos use generic shop registration numbers to prevent that.

MC warranty is transferable for a fee. Not sure on the cost these days. As mentioned though get them to cover it.

atthelake
10-18-2013, 04:08 PM
I picked up my 09 Star ( non-current, dealer demo, 6.5 hours)from MMS on Feb 3/2011 & that's the day my three year warranty started. I don't remember paying anything extra.
It should work out good for the next owner (moving into a 2014 X30 this fall) so they should be able to buy extended warranty for it right up to Feb.

Nordicron
10-18-2013, 08:14 PM
Yeah like others have said should be able to pay for the transfer. Curious what kinda deal are you getting on this anyway?