PDA

View Full Version : Ballast for x14v

h2oskiluvr
10-17-2013, 10:15 PM
Howdy!

So, I know there is some custom options for the x14v but to be honest it is more than a little pricey. So I am wondering if there is a good option that may be a bit more work but I don't need to use it all that often. How do you all think these would work in the x14v lockers?

http://www.wakemakers.com/launch-pad-350-twins.html

I like the Straightline option because of the "link" system. I am thinking that would make getting the water out of them easier given the confined space of the locker. Am I totally off base with this? It is like $1,000 less expensive.

Thanks!

bhanson
10-18-2013, 12:43 AM
350s are fairly modest ballast. How much room do you have in the lockers? Guessing the SL 550s or 800s are only marginally more expensive. Personally, i prefer a bag that is a bit larger than the space so it is not completely tight and ready to burst.

h2oskiluvr
10-19-2013, 08:32 AM
That makes sense to me. I am totally new to ballast. I am a slalom convert.

Do I need to worry about getting the pump to drain the bag inside the locker or is that pretty easy?

350s are fairly modest ballast. How much room do you have in the lockers? Guessing the SL 550s or 800s are only marginally more expensive. Personally, i prefer a bag that is a bit larger than the space so it is not completely tight and ready to burst.