PDA

View Full Version : "New Posts" not showing entire day's posts

BuoyChaser
10-24-2005, 05:38 PM
curious as to why when you click on "New Posts" doesn't show all the posts that were new in one particular day...often it will be reset and just show 1 or 2 posts at random times throughout the day...

i know i usually don't have time to read every post, but often rely on "New Posts" to catch what i missed...

not to complain, but i don't think this feature is workin' right...OTHERWISE, GREAT FORUM one of the better ones i belong to and check on a daily (hourly) basis...

RickDV
10-24-2005, 05:59 PM
My observation is that periodically throughout the day the "new posts" cache clears, probably on a timed schedule by the system.

I find it a bit of a nuisance, but it would also be a nuisance if I were away from the forum for a while and came back to a list of "new posts" that was way too long.

TMC can chime in a give us the straight scoop if this isn't correct.

BuoyChaser
10-24-2005, 06:02 PM
i agree if the list were too long, but as long as it shows the most recent on top, then no-one MISSES anything!!!

otherwise when the cached clears during the middle of the day, it looks like nobody posted for the day...

i know that vBulletin limits some capabilities but have to be some kind of FIX!!!

Ric
10-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I've wondered that too and thing Rick is right
If I log on from a different computer which doesnt remember my login, the "todays posts" button seems to keep the posts differenly than "new posts" does when I'm logged onto the board

east tx skier
10-24-2005, 06:27 PM
Before you log in, click "Today's Posts." Might give you a few more posts that you missed. Agree that it's not a perfect system yet.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-24-2005, 07:23 PM
I've noticed that too the past few days. Never before that. I was figuring it was because less people were on. But after going to each subject, there were new posts listed if I chased each subject down. I couldn't figure it out. So last night I found a ton of new posts I never seen before. Whatever, it's FREE!!! So i'll drink my cup of "SHUT THE F*C* UP" now.

X-45
10-25-2005, 08:06 AM
I've been trying to figure out hoe to do a search for todays post. I wish we had a button for this.

:woohoo:

André
10-25-2005, 08:14 AM
The "New post" button will show you all the new post since you last logged in.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-25-2005, 12:13 PM
The "New post" button will show you all the new post since you last logged in.
There has been something strange about that lately. I know how it works, but it has not been functioning the same lately. For about a week or so now.

east tx skier
10-25-2005, 12:17 PM
Before you log in, click "Today's Posts." Might give you a few more posts that you missed. Agree that it's not a perfect system yet.

I've been trying to figure out hoe to do a search for todays post. I wish we had a button for this.

:woohoo:

We do, but it's only available before you log in. Just log in after you get to the "Today's Posts" page.

stumbledog
10-25-2005, 01:24 PM
I have noticed this as well. It is a pain, especially if I want to follow a post to find out what the wisdom of the group has to say on a partucular thread subject.

I have also noticed that the swimsuit thread has lost momentum.... :mad: :)

BuoyChaser
10-25-2005, 11:45 PM
workin' GREAT NOW...thanxs for fixin', MYSTERIOUS ONE!!!

Workin' 4 Toys
10-26-2005, 03:28 PM
I have noticed this as well. It is a pain, especially if I want to follow a post to find out what the wisdom of the group has to say on a partucular thread subject.

I have also noticed that the swimsuit thread has lost momentum.... :mad: :)
That's because......