PDA

View Full Version : New water toy (towed by a Mastercraft in video)

BrooksfamX2
10-12-2013, 08:20 AM
Might be fun for the younger kids......... :)

http://zup.com/

scott023
10-12-2013, 11:34 AM
I don't know what to make of it.

MI_Corey
10-12-2013, 11:41 AM
I thought kneeboards were for people who can't do anything else. This is even worse.

thatsmrmastercraft
10-12-2013, 12:03 PM
Not everyone is an experienced wakeboarder or slalom skier. There is always a market for entry level equipment and this s just another twist. They will probably make some money on this.

scott023
10-12-2013, 12:07 PM
Just seems flimsy to me.

MI_Corey
10-12-2013, 12:37 PM
Just seems flimsy to me.

I agree and it would take up a lot of space. I bring tubes for people who can't ski or wakeboard. At least I can fold those up and tuck them away easily. The zup seems like it would be similar to a moped. They are fun but you don't want to be seen on one.

ttu
10-12-2013, 12:52 PM
hmm, $329 for the board and a $119 for the rope and handle. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

bigmac
10-12-2013, 01:20 PM
It's about having fun on the water, not meeting approval of the water sports elite. Every time someone makes a snobby comment like that, it makes me want to go buy another tube.

MI_Corey
10-12-2013, 02:51 PM
It's about having fun on the water, not meeting approval of the water sports elite. Every time someone makes a snobby comment like that, it makes me want to go buy another tube.

I wasn't meaning to be snobby by any means. And my family and I are by no means watersports elites. I'm just saying that's an awful lot of money for a modified snow sled.

AlbertaSurfer
10-12-2013, 03:42 PM
I learned to feel comfortable in the water on something like this. When we were kids, my Dad attached a wood dowel to a bit of rope and attached that to a 2'x4' sheet of plywood. The tow rope hooked on under the front of the plywood and dragged it like a sled. It was excellent to teach us kids it's not the end of the world if you fall in the water. You could sit, stand, cut, go backwards... Whatever you were brave enough for. After a couple weeks, the skis came out and the board was put away.

I see a market with this, but like a razor scooter... It's for the kids. I absolutely detest tubes, but I can't help but laugh when I take kids out. If it makes them happy, I'm happy. A day at the lake in the sunshine, with everyone having fun, beats a -28 pass with two other people any day.

BrooksfamX2
10-12-2013, 05:38 PM
I thought kneeboards were for people who can't do anything else. This is even worse.

I also think this is a little snobby, but its JMO. We wakeskate, surf, ski, wakeboard, tube and kneeboard. I want people to have fun doing "something" on the water.

I started my watersports adventures about 50 years ago riding a homemade plywood version of this and thought it was great fun..........

MI_Corey
10-12-2013, 06:03 PM
I also think this is a little snobby, but its JMO. We wakeskate, surf, ski, wakeboard, tube and kneeboard. I want people to have fun doing "something" on the water.

I started my watersports adventures about 50 years ago riding a homemade plywood version of this and thought it was great fun..........

I appologize. Truly was not meant that way. It was meant to be sarcastic. We have done plenty of tubing and kneeboarding and riding various other objects behind the boat too that were never intended to be. I've even rode a kneeboard with a sheet of plastic on the bottom of it held on by sheet metal screws because we wore through the bottom of the board riding behind quads on paved roads. Trust me, I don't care what anyone rides.

uplander
10-12-2013, 06:04 PM
my kid wanted to ride a piece of foam that we found and was shaped like a lobster, he had a blast on that thing.

BrooksfamX2
10-12-2013, 10:14 PM
.................. Trust me, I don't care what anyone rides.

Me either, we'll try anything. Sat in a camp chair on a wooded disk once.... interesting ride..........:rolleyes:

pbgbottle
10-12-2013, 11:48 PM
Looks fun to me I'd play with one but the price is a bit high for me. I think kneeboarding is still fun seriously
wake to wake. 360's. going backwards.
It's still fun this would be fun too ,looks cool.
I prefer to slalom. But I still do it all . Like what was said before a day out with the family is what
It is all about. I even still pull out a pair of skis and go on two skis just to fool around. That can be fun also. But I am getting old .

I was skiing
Before wake boarding and towers where even around , back when it was cool to jump start
From the beach. Lol.
I still have my pair of trick
Ski's. doh!

Cheers I would play with one it looks fun

Lol. Cheers.

iPhone using Tapatalk

AlbertaSurfer
10-12-2013, 11:59 PM
Ha! Classic. I remember when standing in 12" of water on one foot and yelling,"giv'er!" Was considered a 'trick'. And if you did it standing on the corner of the dock... Ohhh man, pick of the litter that night around the fire I tell ya!

scott023
10-13-2013, 03:06 AM
hmm, $329 for the board and a $119 for the rope and handle. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wow, it's pricey too. I didnt even notice that.

BrooksfamX2
10-13-2013, 08:38 AM
............... I even still pull out a pair of skis and go on two skis just to fool around. That can be fun also. But I am getting old .

I was skiing Before wake boarding and towers where even around , back when it was cool to jump start from the beach. iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh... beach starting......:cool:

I also ride double skis from time to time cuz I have fun on them. I bought a pair of wake skis a couple of years ago and they are fun also................ I'm getting old also. :o

Surfing is getting to be more my speed now 8p

jafo9
10-13-2013, 01:53 PM
it look like it fits in a standard board rack. that would be a huge plus. when we bring families out with us, we carry a kneeboard for the "newbs". it took up so much space in the cabin that i ended up buying a dedicated kneeboard rack. if i were doing it all over and my kids were still learning, i would strongly consider the zup. the price is too high for the average guy who wants to have fun with a novelty item.

1redTA
10-13-2013, 02:25 PM
I bought my 81 to knee board behind, my family and I ski, wakeboard, tube pleasure ride and I really enjoy kneeboarding and hearing the 351 behind my classic Stars and Stripes.