PDA

View Full Version : X45 2007, the best boat cover to keep rain water out?

wilhelmwake
10-08-2013, 12:25 PM
Need some help as My new second hand X45 needs to get a new cover or covers for mooring the boat for summer 2014. I am basically very tired with the traditional one piece covers as they are very difficult to use when one moors the boat and has access to the boat only from the swimplatform. So if it is windy it can get tricky to get the cover on. I am really leaning towards a snap on cover for this reason, but then again I worried that is that even worse in terms of keeping the rainwater out of the boat? Tower legs are the problem with the generic cover and I have tried all sorts of modifications to improve water proofing of those sections with my former boats. So please teamtalkers especially x45 owners who are mooring their boat like I am share some wisdom regarding the best cover or covers to order that will keep me more out on the water than drying my boat interior;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

NatesGr8
10-08-2013, 01:43 PM
Get a stock mooring cover that goes below the rub rail. I've had that one since i've owned my X-45, 4 years now, and its going strong (minus one repair due to squirrels). Can easily be installed from inside the boat, has ratcheting straps you cinch tight from the swim platform. There's clips and velcro for the tower legs.

markmcfarland
10-08-2013, 03:45 PM
I've seen some over the tower ones on some of the other forums on here.

scott023
10-08-2013, 04:25 PM
You can get some great custom made covers for the same price as a factory cover that will have better waterproofing. Check with local upholstery companies, I had to leave mine there for a week, so it was custom fitted to the boat.

wilhelmwake
10-09-2013, 02:13 AM
Anyone out there who has a snap on cover system?