PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Wilma

sassydog
10-23-2005, 11:32 AM
Is there anyone who lives in Florida who shipped out becuase of the hurricane?? Who has to find a new lake to ski at for a couple weeks? My folks were plannign a trip to Cancun next week, not no more!!!. But there's always a plus side to natural disasters. It forces young hot college girls to come back to my town, haha to bad its too cold in the midwest to ski that often. looks like it picked up speed, hope its not to bad for you southerners

Stritt
10-23-2005, 02:51 PM
WRONG! PLAIN WRONG! :noface:

RickDV
10-23-2005, 05:11 PM

erkoehler
10-23-2005, 05:51 PM
:mad: :moon: :mad:

SkiDog
10-23-2005, 08:06 PM
Man, you sure made some friends! :noface: :noface: :noface:

erkoehler
10-24-2005, 12:03 AM
Don't think he'll make that mistake again :mad:

sassydog
10-24-2005, 12:05 AM
my appligies to all who i pizzed off with this thread. when you come home in the morning after a long night, still drunk, it's BAD idea to jump on the board! i'm sure i offended a lot of you out there, but i meant nothing by it. just trying to make ammends with this post. sorry to all!

milkmania
10-24-2005, 12:06 AM
even I shyed away from that post, and I'll post almost anything....lol

erkoehler
10-24-2005, 12:19 AM
even I shyed away from that post, and I'll post almost anything....lol

Well, I regaurds to the actual hurricane......it is strengthening and is now a category 3.

milkmania
10-24-2005, 12:48 AM
yes, I had a weather news bulletin pop up on my screen earlier....

it don't look good:(

Cloaked
10-24-2005, 07:27 AM
my appligies to all who i pizzed off with this thread. when you come home in the morning after a long night, still drunk, it's BAD idea to jump on the board! i'm sure i offended a lot of you out there, but i meant nothing by it. just trying to make ammends with this post. sorry to all!It's all good... :toast:

stevo137
10-24-2005, 08:22 AM
We all make mistakes.
See you in the forum...

T Scott
10-24-2005, 08:28 AM
Right now, we have about 35mph winds here in Orlando. Weather reports suggest that we will get wind gusting closer to 50mph+ by this afternoon. Nasty weather, but not even close to as bad as the storms we got last year.

Naples is getting hit pretty hard right now. Fortunately, the path the hurricane is making across Florida is mostly everglades.

TMC
10-24-2005, 09:43 AM
There has been a request to delete this thread due to the originating comment. However, instead of deleting the whole thread, what about just taking out the comments that upset you guys and turning it into a thread for those affected by the hurricane to hopefully check in and let us know how they are doing...

Let me know.

-J

Workin' 4 Toys
10-24-2005, 09:50 AM
There has been a request to delete this thread due to the originating comment. However, instead of deleting the whole thread, what about just taking out the comments that upset you guys and turning it into a thread for those affected by the hurricane to hopefully check in and let us know how they are doing...

Let me know.

-J
NAH, let it go. The original post can be edited if he felt it was inappropriate and felt the the need.

T Scott
10-24-2005, 10:08 AM
I wouldn't worry about it either. He went back and edited his inapropriate comments.

sizzler
10-24-2005, 10:09 AM
i've just looked at it and it appears to have been edited already........

stevo137
10-24-2005, 10:56 AM
I wouldn't worry about it either. He went back and edited his inapropriate comments.
He also apologized and realized that he made a mistake...

T Scott
10-24-2005, 11:42 AM
Here is my pool as of just a few minutes ago. Another half inch and it will overflow. Yesterday, the water was a good 4-5 inches from the top. Yikes!!

bradamerry
10-24-2005, 11:43 AM
He also apologized and realized that he made a mistake...
I agree Mr.137...

Let's just hope everybody makes it through Wilma..... :(

bradamerry
10-24-2005, 11:44 AM
Here is my pool as of just a few minutes ago. Another half inch and it will overflow. Yesterday, the water was a good 4-5 inches from the top. Yikes!!
Hang in there Scott........... :eek:

stevo137
10-24-2005, 11:49 AM
Hang in there!
By the way, great looking place! Right by the water, boat at walking distance!
Do you have a pump to pump that level down?

erkoehler
10-24-2005, 11:52 AM
One man has already passed away, he was hit by a falling tree. My cousin's house is taking a direct hit, not looking good.

Stritt
10-24-2005, 11:57 AM
My pool looks exactly the same. The wind is causing it to overflow. Looks like this should be over soon. To all in the Keys and S. Fla, you got slammed! Hope everyone is alright. Key West got nailed with surge, pics show Bahama Village area under water but now receding. No damage here on the North side of Orlando. I know you guys in the north won't think this is cold, but I'm showing 59 right now. Lows in the low 40's tonight and high of 67 tomorrow. Brrrrrrr.

BTW.. This is my favorite pic so far, this was a story regarding flooding on Sat in Ft. Lauderdale area......BUSTED!

As far as the original post, yeah bad idea to post when out on a bender. Glad you came to your senses.

erkoehler
10-24-2005, 11:59 AM
Key Largo got a ton of rain too, and Ft. Lauderdale is getting pounded.

Datdude
10-24-2005, 04:58 PM
my parents have a home in Naples and they got very lucky. Their caretaker just called and said there are no broken windows, no water in the house, no apparent roof damage, but their lanai has some damage. According to the caretaker they are luck to still have a lanai as some houses in their club have none left. Sounds like they had winds close to 100mph in their area. I was at their house last year when Hurricane Frances came through and we had sustained winds around 50 mph and that was freaky....I couldn't imagine 100mph winds. On a side note before Frances got there my buddy and I went to the grocery store to stock up and had one whole cart full of Miller Lite, 6 cans of tuna and some bottled water and the lady at the register said "you must not be from around here" and most of the employees started to laugh because we had so much beer and not much else :friday:

erkoehler
10-24-2005, 05:03 PM
Has anyone heard of how bad Key Largo got hit?

Stritt
10-24-2005, 06:05 PM
Hard....90-100 sustained..123 mph gust....trees down....they will be alright though....Bridge coming into Key Largo on US 1 was shown on TV, flooded around 5'.

Your cousin from Lauderdale got slammed too! Saw some coverage of the newer business buildings downtown....Windows blow out and stucco/brick fascade torn up. Hope your cousin faired well.

Pic from Key West.....may give ya an idea....

erkoehler
10-24-2005, 06:08 PM
my cousin has a trailer in key largo, but she is up here in chicago for a short stay....she was just wondering how her house faired. No phones there yet.

Stritt
10-24-2005, 06:16 PM
My bad I thought she was from Lauderdale.......hmmm....mobile home in the keys....probably not good. Wether Channel was at Coconuts and they had a banner roof blow, not a big deal. The boats in the marina all faired well, with no major damage. They were reporting storm surge and then bay flooding after Wilma moved off, we had a big front pushing down that kept the winds from the north. If you want some idea goto www.nbc6.net .....they have a live feed and are showing miami, laderdale, west palm and the keys. Good luck to your cousin.

erkoehler
10-24-2005, 06:17 PM
She has a house in lauderdale and a trailer in the keys......

T Scott
10-24-2005, 09:50 PM
These two photos were taken of my back yard just 5 hours apart. Wilma was outta' here in record time. The extent of my damage was only a few small branches fell in my yard.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-24-2005, 10:01 PM
You mean I didn't even see the controversial comments after all this. Oh, well, I must have been off a few days.

milkmania
10-24-2005, 10:06 PM
my parents have a home in Naples and they got very lucky. Their caretaker just called and said there are no broken windows, no water in the house, no apparent roof damage, but their lanai has some damage. According to the caretaker they are luck to still have a lanai as some houses in their club have none left. Sounds like they had winds close to 100mph in their area. I was at their house last year when Hurricane Frances came through and we had sustained winds around 50 mph and that was freaky....I couldn't imagine 100mph winds. On a side note before Frances got there my buddy and I went to the grocery store to stock up and had one whole cart full of Miller Lite, 6 cans of tuna and some bottled water and the lady at the register said "you must not be from around here" and most of the employees started to laugh because we had so much beer and not much else :friday:

I'm still trying to figure out what you did with all that tuna....:uglyhamme

Datdude
10-25-2005, 10:16 AM
I'm still trying to figure out what you did with all that tuna....:uglyhamme

The funny part was we ate it all before the storm got there. People from Wisconsin have no business in a hurricane :uglyhamme