PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Stereo in the car?

onewheat
10-07-2013, 09:07 PM
I am looking to replace the stereo in one of my cars just so I can get better connectivity to my iPhone songs. Will a Bluetooth connected iPhone give the same sound quality as one connected via USB? Going with the USB corded version does not bother me at all, but the Bluetooth is just a bit more convenient. I just can not take another day of an FM modulator connection and the constant station changing and static. I NEVER listen to FM or CD - only XM or iPhone and I'm only interested in the music aspect of the stereo.

markmcfarland
10-07-2013, 09:11 PM
I have nav with bt and works flawlessly.

Thetripinme
10-07-2013, 11:56 PM
I would recomend any system that has a parrot blue tooth. A few years back I put a double bin system in my f350. Has navi Sirius DVD blue tooth. Not happy with the blue tooth for music . No base in my tunes. A few weeks back I redid my xstar with a head unit that has parrot Bluetooth. The sound is amazing. No fuze and plenty of thumpitty thump.

jafo9
10-08-2013, 08:25 AM
can't tell the difference in my wife's car. OEM ford radio. sure beats the cassette adapter in my car.

JRW160
10-08-2013, 08:35 AM
I have a cheap $20 monoprice bluetooth receiver in the truck and the boat. I can't tell the difference between bluetooth and the 3.5mm audio cable. The sound quality is very good over bluetooth.

TxsRiverRat
10-08-2013, 03:40 PM
Bluetooth works nicely, but I prefer a flash drive plugged into the USB because when you start/stop the vehicle, it cuts the BT connectivity off and there's some downtime to the music.

buy a flash drive, put your music on it, and forget both of your options u listed is my vote.

wakeX2wake
10-08-2013, 04:19 PM
as far a bluetooth goes... it has gotten much better in the past few years (i evaluate several car brands including the one we make). the bluetooth audio is pretty good. sorry, i can't speak directly to any certain aftermarket brand. the technology had to advance or it would have went away.

i would like to warn you: if you use bluetooth to prevent the cord you won't. i find that using my bluetooth only i end up with the charger cable plugged in (so there's no net gain).

onewheat
10-08-2013, 05:54 PM
i would like to warn you: if you use bluetooth to prevent the cord you won't. i find that using my bluetooth only i end up with the charger cable plugged in (so there's no net gain).

Cool - like I said, I wasn't really worried about eliminating the cable and figured I would be plugged in for power, but I looked at stereos a while back and the differences that concerned me more was the control and accessibility of the iTunes and maybe Pandora - I don't remember which brands/models did what but having never used Bluetooth for music, I wasn't sure if I should eliminate it as an option, or if it seemed to have the best accessibility/control, to give it a look too. I haven't looked at what is available in almost a year - I don't drive the car that often for distance, so I listen to the exhaust around town but thinking about the 3.5 hour drive for winter parking and I want tunes for that, so I'll be ordering a stereo soon. I was just wondering if Bluetooth was a viable option or if the sound was "right up there" with my POS FM modulator. If I get the same sound Bluetooth vs USB vs Corded iPhone - I can deal with any of them.