PDA

View Full Version : Noob Needs Help

kevcliffbc
10-03-2013, 02:12 PM
I recently purchased a 2007 X-2 on a whim as it was, based on my research, a smoking deal. It is a massive upgrade from the 2001 Maxum 1800SR the family and I had enjoyed for the past 6 years.

Sooo.....here is my ultra-noob question but I'd rather be informed than sink the boat. I'm fully aware there are 2 nylon drain plugs. The flat one goes in the transom but the t-handle goes ??

Thanks and you're welcome for the cominc relief!

Traxx822
10-03-2013, 02:14 PM
I recently purchased a 2007 X-2 on a whim as it was, based on my research, a smoking deal. It is a massive upgrade from the 2001 Maxum 1800SR the family and I had enjoyed for the past 6 years.

Sooo.....here is my ultra-noob question but I'd rather be informed than sink the boat. I'm fully aware there are 2 nylon drain plugs. The flat one goes in the transom but the t-handle goes ??

Thanks and you're welcome for the cominc relief!

Should be down in the center under the cap, where your bilge pump is. I only have that one as a plug. I wasn't aware there was 2 on the new X2's. I'm sure someone on here can verify.

ttu
10-03-2013, 02:14 PM
open the drain lid right that is in the walkway and it goes straight down there. it's right by the front bilge pump.

kevcliffbc
10-03-2013, 02:15 PM
open the drain lid right that is in the walkway and it goes straight down there. it's right by the front bilge pump.
Thanks a ton....would hate to have asked while my boat was at the bottom of Alouette Lake!

Traxx822
10-03-2013, 02:18 PM
No stupid questions. Welcome to the board

ttu
10-03-2013, 02:26 PM
your welcome and make sure you post a pictures. and yes not the boat at the bottom of the lake!:D

kevcliffbc
10-03-2013, 02:34 PM
Heres all I have handy...and no thats not me in the boat, my hockey hair is way tamer.

Kweisner
10-03-2013, 02:35 PM
I have learned from personal experience that even when I have forgotten the plug (3 times, and counting), I don't panic (well, not too much :o)

In my case, my bilge pump is on an automatic switch and can generally keep up while I put the plug in, as long as I notice it's running before too much time passes. My discharge is right near the driver seat, so I tend to notice/hear it.

Naturally, if you don't have an automatic pump OR it's not working, that's a different story. Prevention is still the best cure. . .my kids have become my early warning system. "Dad, did you remember to put the plug in this time?"

scott023
10-03-2013, 04:58 PM
No stupid questions. Welcome to the board

Exactly. Pretty sure we all still have questions at one time or another. Welcome to the forum.

Traxx822
10-03-2013, 05:21 PM
Nice Maxim. I sold my Maxim 2000SRL before I bought my MC. So coming from a Maxim to a MasterCraft, I know your excitement.

MattsCraft
10-03-2013, 06:50 PM
I never remove the rear plug, really has no purpose except if you drain the oil from the drain hose.

All the water is in the front bilge on an inboard.

Switching from an I/O to an inboard is like having a new pair of underwater, at first it is constricting, but then it becomes a part of you.

Welcome to the way boating was meant to be. Inboard forever, I/O never

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttu
10-03-2013, 07:59 PM
I never remove the rear plug, really has no purpose except if you drain the oil from the drain hose.

All the water is in the front bilge on an inboard.

Switching from an I/O to an inboard is like having a new pair of underwater, at first it is constricting, but then it becomes a part of you.

Welcome to the way boating was meant to be. Inboard forever, I/O never

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matt, a new pair of underwater? what's that, tracking fins!:D:D

agree nothing every comes out of the back plug area.

uplander
10-03-2013, 08:48 PM
my back plug is stuck in, tried several times

one thing put your bilge pump on auto, there should be a toggle switch for bilge that has auto/man switch it to auto. Saved me once when the ballast broke open

Traxx822
10-03-2013, 10:32 PM
my back plug is stuck in, tried several times

Did you try some lube? :D :D

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

kevcliffbc
10-03-2013, 11:11 PM
Thanks for all the tips and info...I've been quietly lurking on the site for a bit and got comfortable seeing all the knowledge so figured I'd get an answer to my question with minimal flak.

BrooksfamX2
10-04-2013, 10:50 AM
Welcome to the X2 club. Where in the NW are you located?

kevcliffbc
10-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Welcome to the X2 club. Where in the NW are you located?
British Columbia, Canada.

BrooksfamX2
10-04-2013, 08:35 PM
Oregon here.........

rgardjr1
10-04-2013, 10:25 PM
British Columbia, Canada.

Just drove up to Invermere last week on business.