PDA

View Full Version : 6x6 deck post lights, looking for a reasonable price?

jkski
10-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Now that my deck is structurally done, I need to add about 15 of the 6x6 solar powered post cap lights but everything I see is priced in that $30 range. I am not looking for anything fancy, just a cap metal cap that I can paint to match my other outside lights with 4 small panes of glass and the solar cell.

If anyone has a good source suggestion let me know.

Double D
10-03-2013, 10:16 AM
I found some at that Playground down the street for about $30 but they were a 4-pack. I just checked their web site to be sure and the closet store than has any in stock is in Wyoming.

http://www.menards.com/main/lighting-fans/outdoor-lights/landscape/4-pack-brozne-solar-post-cap/p-2007495-c-7541.htm

Good luck!

ChandlerR
10-03-2013, 10:24 AM
Now that my deck is structurally done, I need to add about 15 of the 6x6 solar powered post cap lights but everything I see is priced in that $30 range. I am not looking for anything fancy, just a cap metal cap that I can paint to match my other outside lights with 4 small panes of glass and the solar cell.

If anyone has a good source suggestion let me know.

I've done a lot of exterior lighting, both electric and solar at our house and at our lake cabin. Best advice I can give you is you get what you pay for. Cheap solar lites are a waste of money. Much better to pay a little more now than to throw away the cheap one after they fail.

BTW, I've really enjoyed your house building threadand check on it frequently. I retire
in 18 months and hopefully will be rebuilding our lake house.