PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Mastercraft X30

03x30
09-26-2013, 09:29 PM
Looking at a 2003 Mastercraft X-30 with 330hp MCX motor w/ 225 hours. Boat is well kept and there are no major defects. Gel could use a buff but otherwise everything including decals are in great shape (storage was a covered lift). Seat are in great shape. Rear center seat has a couple splits about 1/2" long that are just starting. Also under the rear seat back there are a couple of place but they are near the bottom (where it meets the seats). Drives really smooth. Zero flex tower is in good shape but has cheap speakers. Its got the giant transformer board racks which may have to come off but they work fine. Full cover is in good shape and there is a bimini. Its had the alternator, steering cable and ECM replaced recently. Starts/runs great. Very smooth shift and accelerates strong. The boat has been in brackish water. Thoughts? This boat does not have a trailer. I'm waterfront and have never used one, so for me its good but for resale :(

XtwentyNot
09-27-2013, 12:53 AM
Brackish will hurt the resale much more then no trailer IMO

03x30
09-27-2013, 08:56 AM
Both are the primary reasons I'm trying to get a solid deal so that it doesn't hurt me down the road.

Jerseydave
09-27-2013, 11:27 PM
Are you going newer? If so, trade it in to the dealer that will give you the best deal.

If you just want to sell it yourself, get it detailed and buy a trailer for it. Your audience will be very small with no trailer. After that, you may be able to get $24-$28K for it.

BTW, if it has the MCX engine it is 350 hp. That's what my '03 230VRS had. Great boat.