PDA

View Full Version : INT wide ride?

kpickett
10-21-2005, 03:41 PM
Does anyone here ski in the INT wide ride division? I thought it looks like it could be a fun diversion.

If so, what skis are you on? I weigh 150, and I ski on a 65.5 Goode for my normal course skiing. Any suggestions for a wide ride ski?

Kyle

BuoyChaser
10-21-2005, 04:57 PM
wide ride is so much fun!!!your best bet is an HO Burner 67" or comparable...probably a size smaller do to bein' a LIGHTWEIGHT!!!

i've gone to nationals on wide-ride and have been known to get into 3 at 32' off to come in 2nd place at nats...at home have gotten into 1 at 38' off...amazing how much time you have at 30mph...

none of the other companies make their ski for the Wide Ride Specs required by INT, because HO is a big sponser...somewhere on the INT website is the specs for the ski width requirements...

see you in Bakersfield next year!!!

kpickett
10-21-2005, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the response. I thought it looks pretty fun. I can't find the rules on the website. It says to check the rulebook. Do you happen to know the specs?

On another note - how do you divide your time in training? Do you have to adjust your technique when you're skiing at 30 instead of 36?

Thanks again,
Kyle

Leroy
10-25-2005, 10:09 PM
I saw that division from the info you put up earlier Buoychaser, this could be my division.

BuoyChaser
10-25-2005, 10:16 PM
it's a total BLAST, check it out your local tournament at http://www.intleague.com

i had all of my ski buddies in our little group in Ohio, went to a wakeboard tournament for fun...then followed my girl to her home state of New Hampshire, leavin' my ski buddies behind...wasn't long before i search high and low to bum a ski set behind an inboard, until finally went to an INT tournament and walaaaa...they announce where you're from and before i knew it had people coming up saying they were from the same town...made ski buddies instantly and have been great friends since for past 6yrs...

OH YAHHH, fun to kick some SLALOM $%@ at tournaments too!!!

H20skeefreek
10-25-2005, 10:19 PM
isn't that kind of unfair to the other people in the class? I mean if you run3@32off at 36, shouldn't you be running in a different class? I think you should reserve the lower classifications for the people that actually need them.

BuoyChaser
10-25-2005, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the response. I thought it looks pretty fun. I can't find the rules on the website. It says to check the rulebook. Do you happen to know the specs?

i'll see if i can find them, HHMMMMmmmmmmmm...

On another note - how do you divide your time in training? Do you have to adjust your technique when you're skiing at 30 instead of 36?

really no need to train...you wouldn't believe how much it helps your shortline technique just going out there and having all the time in the world...the key is getting an HO BURNER 67" or comparable in HO Series of wide-ride skis based on height/weight, with the DOUBLE-V bottom...allows you to really keep almost two edges in no matter how rough water...PLAIN FUN!!!

BuoyChaser
10-25-2005, 10:30 PM
isn't that kind of unfair to the other people in the class? I mean if you run3@32off at 36, shouldn't you be running in a different class? I think you should reserve the lower classifications for the people that actually need them.

well they have 3 different classes of wide-ride based on how short you can go, to give everyone a chance...WIDE RIDE FUN (30mph 28'off max), WIDE RIDE SUPER (30mph 35'off max) and WIDE RIDE OPEN (30mph as short as you can go!!!)...

check out the results from Nationals last week to see what it takes to bring home the GOLD http://www.intleague.com/us_championships/USC05-Final.asp

"Bakersfield, California, October 17, 2005 - 375 Competitors gathered in Bakersfield, California last week for the INT U.S. Championships. 25 states were represented at this amateur tournament, where athletes competed in 34 divisions ranging from novice slalom skiing, wakeboarding and knee boarding to outlaw wakeboard (semi-pro), wake skate and open (32 off and shorter). "