PDA

View Full Version : heated boat storage

drschemel
09-26-2013, 02:37 PM
I have a small warehouse - dry, heated, and with electric available to power a battery tender. It is attached to my office so is secure and has a alarm system. I have been considering renting space for winter storage.
I figure I could hold about 10 boats but access would be limited due to space - would basically have to leave them in place from October until April because moving them in and out would be a pain.
Does anybody keep their boat in a storage like this?
What would you expect to pay for 4-5 months of storage?
I think that the only winterization you would need to do is drain the manifold and block and remove the battery just for saftey purpose. That's all I have ever done and it has worked out well so far.

Topp dawg
09-26-2013, 02:47 PM
Where is this located, I need a place to store mine. I live in Northwest Florida.

drschemel
09-26-2013, 03:16 PM
Northwest Arkansas. You have have quite a drive to get here!

Topp dawg
09-26-2013, 03:24 PM
lol, ill be there in a bit.

mikeg205
09-26-2013, 03:29 PM
what would insurance cost Dr. in case of mechanical failure or an ice storm that would knock out power for a few weeks... just sayin' - you would have that liability or fire etc.

GT500 MC
09-26-2013, 03:57 PM
drschemel - check your pm's. Sent you some rate info.

drschemel
09-26-2013, 04:38 PM
what would insurance cost Dr. in case of mechanical failure or an ice storm that would knock out power for a few weeks... just sayin' - you would have that liability or fire etc.

Something to think about certainly. Building is insured but would not cover contents. Mayby owner would have to have insurance. I am just exploring the idea. Same thing could happen to your boat at any boat storage. As far as ice storm, I already have to have a generator for the office and the heaters are gas so not much chance of an accidental freeze.

Mastercraft13
09-26-2013, 05:31 PM
I just found a guy in my neck of the woods for my baby. Basically you could get insurance to cover contents, but it is extremely expensive. My guy has a lease agreement that was drawn up by his lawyer stating that they claim no responsibilities of theft, fire, damage, etc so the boat owner would need to maintain insurance on the boat. That is basically standard for storage places.