PDA

View Full Version : Dang Francis!

ski_king
09-08-2004, 09:27 AM
It looks like I will not be able to get the boat in the water this weekend.
At this point, I hope my dock and travel trailer are still there when I get back up to camp this weekend.

This NOAA prediction dosent look good....
http://ahps.erh.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/ahps.cgi?pbz&kttp1

But I really feel for those down in Flordia and the south, who got it really bad.

MarkP
09-08-2004, 09:55 AM
Wow, Powerslot GREAT site!!.:toast:.

Looks like our rivers are going to be TRASH, but cant you hit a lake that may have settled down by Sunday??

ski_king
09-08-2004, 10:04 AM
Yes, I can, but something tells me I will be cleaning up things at camp.

I am sitting here thinking how I have a safety line tied to my dock which will be off its guide poles, but my 13 year old tied it this year. I hope she remembered something from girl scouts.

The predicted peak water level will be about 3 ft. lower than where my trailer sits, but about 3 ft. over the road leading to it. I am holding my breath.

MarkP
09-08-2004, 10:18 AM
Good Luck..

Iíll Keep my fingers crossed

jimmer2880
09-08-2004, 11:58 AM
I'm quite worried myself as she's now dumping lots of rain up-river of where I have my floating dock, mobile home, etc. I took the boat off the water & tied an extra rope to the dock. All I can do now is watch & pray....

Leroy
09-08-2004, 01:13 PM
I had a friend send a slide show of many different Florida marinas and boats in various positions. Was really bad to see all of those big boats beached, overturned, on top of each other, etc. If you saw the CNN coverage of the big boat drifting that was scary but somehow good to watch also.

Hope your stuff stays safe