PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Wilma

LakePirate
10-21-2005, 11:26 AM
Well just to do a little complaining.....I am scheduled to leave Atlanta for Cancun on Monday. Wilma is causing mass destruction as she seems to have stalled out over the Yucatan Peninsula. :mad: With my luck I am surprised that I was not already down there when the hurricane hit.

erkoehler
10-21-2005, 11:28 AM
My cousin was supposed to come up to Chicago from Ft. Lauderdale for a long weekend, but is going to likely cancel since she may get stuck here.

Datdude
10-21-2005, 11:31 AM
my parents have a home in Naples, FL and it looks like it could take a direct hit with this one :mad: . They have been lucky though as Naples has not taken a direct hit since the 60's with Hurricande Donna(I think)

east tx skier
10-21-2005, 11:36 AM
Hang in there, FL TMCers. Sending good thoughts your way from Texas for what it's worth.

M-Funf
10-21-2005, 01:15 PM
Well just to do a little complaining.....I am scheduled to leave Atlanta for Cancun on Monday. Wilma is causing mass destruction as she seems to have stalled out over the Yucatan Peninsula. :mad: With my luck I am surprised that I was not already down there when the hurricane hit.

Dang, that sucks! Hope your trip isn't ruined :mad:

Several years ago, I had to evacuate Belize a few days early because of Hurricane Mitch (and it turned south before it even got there :noface: )

TMC
10-21-2005, 02:39 PM
MC has an employee in Cancun right now. They were down in Mexico getting ready for a dealer meeting we were to have there this weekend. Unfortunately they could not get out and now are in a shelter that is being beat up on right now. So don't just pray for the people in Fl, remember one of our (and your) own in Cancun now!

-J

erkoehler
10-21-2005, 03:09 PM
I hope everyone is okay!

east tx skier
10-21-2005, 04:30 PM
My mom and stepfather live every other month in the northwestern interior of the Yucatan (south of Merida). Fortunately, they are here this month. Still, we know plenty of people who live there and whom it will be very difficult to reach for the next several days because of Wilma. We're quite worried about multiple landfalls here, too.

Gofast
10-21-2005, 04:39 PM
My parents rescheduled thier trip to Cancun when last Hurricane ( Katrina, I think ) went through thier. Anyway they are supposed to fly out Sunday AM for this trip. I'm betting this gets cancelled too.

Ric
10-21-2005, 04:54 PM
Our prayers are with all in this ones path! EVACUATE EARLY