PDA

View Full Version : 1993 Stars and Stripes

sweethomeru
09-24-2013, 01:01 PM
I guess I may be taking a huge chance here in showing this but I've been looking for one and it just popped up. Can I ask you guys your off the cuff impression?
(1) Does it look correct and original?
(2) Pricing about right?
(3) Any specifics I need to be worry about?

I just sold my 2004 205V and the reason was I want the smallest and softest slalom ski wake there is. I've been a MC guy and don't want to get a Malibu.

http://youngstown.craigslist.org/boa/4072937906.html

Thanks for your input

ski_king
09-24-2013, 01:04 PM
Need more info.... price... hours... location ?

sweethomeru
09-24-2013, 01:06 PM
http://youngstown.craigslist.org/boa/4072937906.html

scott023
09-24-2013, 01:06 PM
More pics and info, like SK said.

thatsmrmastercraft
09-24-2013, 01:18 PM
As this boat is a ways from you, I would contact the seller and ask for more detailed and close up pictures to determine if the boat is as clean as it looks in the craigslist posting. Tandem trailer is a plus, boat looks clean and complete. Price for these is always at a premium. This price doesn't seem out of hand, although a 93 without the Stars & Stripes could be had for less and still have the same great slalom wake.

drschemel
09-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Looks like a nice boat. Even with low hours, it is old enough to have issues related to age so getting a mechanic to check out the motor and drive train would be in order. Also, seats look to me to have been redone? Someone else might know these boats better but seems like there should be a mastercraft emblem embroidered somewhere. That wouldn't be a big deal except that he says "all original" so he might not be the original owner and not really know the boat's history. I think 13K is priced on the higher end for that boat, especially in the Fall when you are looking at winterization then storage for 6 months before you use it.

Kyle
09-24-2013, 01:34 PM
I bet he will take 11,500-1200 and that would be a steal. 12,500 is still a great price.

Low hours

No perfect pass but that can be added.

Boat is not faded and looks to be taken care of with OCD. Stored indoors.

Engine looks original.

I say go look at it. Drive it. Check the oil. Check the trans fluid. Watch the temp gauges.

No matter the case you know you're going to put in a new cap and rotor, new plugs, new impeller, fuel water separator, prolly new Tstat. It's just a good idea to do those things regardless and you know it is tuned up.

It's a nice boat priced decent. Negotiate dry storage for winter vs letting you have it now for 11,500 etc.

Kyle
09-24-2013, 01:41 PM
Looks like a nice boat. Even with low hours, it is old enough to have issues related to age so getting a mechanic to check out the motor and drive train would be in order. Also, seats look to me to have been redone? Someone else might know these boats better but seems like there should be a mastercraft emblem embroidered somewhere. That wouldn't be a big deal except that he says "all original" so he might not be the original owner and not really know the boat's history. I think 13K is priced on the higher end for that boat, especially in the Fall when you are looking at winterization then storage for 6 months before you use it.

Observer seat bottom needs repair. The back seat has the heat stamp in the middle. Both side rails have Mastercraft heat stamped into them. I can't see top center in observers seat where a stam is. Driver seat should have a stamp on top side of seat that would be against driver back (can't see due to opposite side in pic).

I'm willing to bet with the observer seat torn that it prolly is original. A new observer seat bottom is prolly $200 at an upholstery shop. The rest of the upholstery can be cleaned with Totally Awesome from $1 store

ski_king
09-24-2013, 03:38 PM
Looks nice. That is my dream boat. If I saw that boat 12 months ago, I would be after it too.

It is about 90 miniutes away from me, but I don't see me having time to go check it out for you.... and if I did I might just buy it myself.....

AZDave
09-24-2013, 03:50 PM
I own one. Bought it with 300 hours, 351 HO. Better wake than a 94 slot, and has given me 8 years trouble free use. This is a Stars and Stripes, made in MC's 25th year. It is not a 25 year anniversary edition. I would pay up to 14k for that boat, if it checked out. But I am partial to these.

wheeler
09-24-2013, 05:37 PM
I had the same boat, same engine but Platinum grey Stars and Stripes. Boat is priced right, looks to be complete, engine looks like all original parts are there, best boat ever made...period! Go look at it, if it checks out and you like it, make him an offer....don't come home without it :-)

sweethomeru
09-24-2013, 05:58 PM
Thanks for all the great info! I've contacted him for more information.
Is there such an animal as a S&S 25th Anniversary edition? I assumed they were one in the same.
Can you tell if the motor shown a 351HO?
Thanks again!

AZDave
09-24-2013, 06:24 PM
The 25 year is platinum and white. A couple of guys on this site have one. An HO will have 3 lines on the cylinder heads. The black cover on the air cleaner will say 285 somewhere. Origional carb is a Holley 9010. That interior is origional. Hull appears to be Glacier White. Mine is Grey Dawn.

gsxrjtt
09-24-2013, 07:09 PM
here is the 25th color

Cloaked
09-24-2013, 07:13 PM
All 93s are 25th anniversary / stamped or stickered on each windshield, regardless of options or limited edition

There is a Stars & Stripes option (as shown by the OP), not a limited make, merely an option

There is the Limited Edition as shown above (silver flake) with engine options 351 or LT1

All the same fine hull for slalom, trick, barefoot

east tx skier
09-24-2013, 07:43 PM
I always get confused about whether any of the LTDs had a 351. Last I asked, I think I was satisfied that they were all LT1s.

If I were in the market, I'd pay $13K for this boat easy. I'm partial to them, but so are a lot of people.

Jerseydave
09-24-2013, 08:31 PM
Nice find! Looks to be in good shape, is it a powerslot or 1:1?

The bimini doesn't do it for me, I'd have to ditch that and wear sunscreen! (And I do)

My '93 25Th Anniversary Limited

zsqure
09-24-2013, 09:18 PM
You might get him to take it to Boat House Marine, the local MasterCraft dealer. They will do a used boat inspection for about $150. Had it done on mine before I sold it, gave me peace of mind that it was as good mechanically as I thought it was. If I had the room and money it would be sold.:D:D

Bouyhead
09-24-2013, 09:51 PM
Nice find! Looks to be in good shape, is it a powerslot or 1:1?

The bimini doesn't do it for me, I'd have to ditch that and wear sunscreen! (And I do)

My '93 25Th Anniversary Limited

Yeah, that Bimini is fugly! Looks like those supports might be an issue at 15 off!

madcityskier
09-24-2013, 11:47 PM
As this boat is a ways from you, I would contact the seller and ask for more detailed and close up pictures to determine if the boat is as clean as it looks in the craigslist posting. Tandem trailer is a plus, boat looks clean and complete. Price for these is always at a premium. This price doesn't seem out of hand, although a 93 without the Stars & Stripes could be had for less and still have the same great slalom wake.

IIRC they played with engine placement a little in 93. WSM boat review noted that the S&S190 had the best wakes of the three. Granted this is quibbling over details. I was told that this was the placement used in the 94 ps190, which is widely regarded as one of the greatest slalom wakes ever. This could be bad info, but was told to me by a reasonably knowledgeable dealer.
That said, the tandem trailer is nice, and the bimini that will need glass work to cover the holes where they attached the hardware will cost a little extra, so I'd say those wash. Seems about right on the price from what I've seen. My brother drove from Michigan to Virginia to get his 93 S&S. You could ask him, but I don't think he's regretted it for a moment.
These boats turn heads like no other MasterCraft I've seen.

Waterskibum
10-01-2013, 10:34 AM
Interior is correct for a 93 S&S. Too bad it is not an LT-1 though; but still a very nice looking boat. Any word on whether it is a 'Slot or not? One thing I noticed is that this one has a double stripe of red flake above the waterline. Mine does not. This could be a mid year change at M/C? Of course I am partial to the 93's also :)
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg196/waterskibumfl/ProStar190%202007/P1010007.jpg

ski_king
10-01-2013, 11:01 AM
I believe what looked like a double stripe on the boat in Canfield was an illusion caused by a shadow. If you look at the other photos of it and your boat, you will see what I mean.

Too bad the boat sold to a friend of his and none of us got the chance to get it. Somebody got a great looking boat.

c_craig
10-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Too bad the boat sold to a friend of his and none of us got the chance to get it. Somebody got a great looking boat.

Well, not exactly...:D. Maiden voyage tomorrow morning. It has been a while looking for this boat, but what do you know. This one came up in my back yard.

To the OP here, this boat popped up on the ebay thread and I started tracking it down immediately. Even though a little risky to post here, I didn't poach your boat.

Big thank-you to Chris and James at BHM Trilakes for the help doing a quick look-see at this boat for me. Wish it was spring, but it will be soon enough. Still time for a couple quick hits at the lake.

ski_king
10-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Cool!! Get some pictures posted.

Remember, when you get tired of it and want to sell it, PM me!

sweethomeru
10-04-2013, 06:49 PM
Let me know if it sold. Glad it's going to a TT member

c_craig
10-04-2013, 07:23 PM
sweethomer - yes it is sold. Just lucky it came up local. I had considered some pretty long drives for a '93.

Double D
10-04-2013, 08:21 PM
sweethomer - yes it is sold. Just lucky it came up local. I had considered some pretty long drives for a '93.

Craig, You bought that 93? Bring it to West Branch tomorrow morning and say hi.

c_craig
10-04-2013, 10:10 PM
Will be there, after we drop my son off at SAT's. Late morning. I have no rope, no ski, no vest no spotter! Pack of 3 orange collars to be legal. Look for you there.

Double D
10-04-2013, 10:21 PM
Will be there, after we drop my son off at SAT's. Late morning. I have no rope, no ski, no vest no spotter! Pack of 3 orange collars to be legal. Look for you there.

Were starting at 7 AM and hope to see you before we leave.

sweethomeru
10-05-2013, 09:09 AM
Enjoy the boat! I'm still in the market for a clean low hour S&S if anyone sees or has one. Blue or red without tower and preferably no bimini either. They are just classics!

Waterskibum
10-09-2013, 02:55 PM
I believe what looked like a double stripe on the boat in Canfield was an illusion caused by a shadow. If you look at the other photos of it and your boat, you will see what I mean.

Yep I took a closer look at the stripe on a better computer monitor and see it is only one.

Enjoy the S&S!!

Cloaked
10-09-2013, 06:43 PM
Enjoy the boat! I'm still in the market for a clean low hour S&S if anyone sees or has one. Blue or red without tower and preferably no bimini either. They are just classics!
Give me a shout

....unless you're kicking tires... :D

gsxrjtt
10-09-2013, 10:15 PM
sweethomeru : I have a 93 limited getting finished up soon..

TallSkinnyGuy
10-10-2013, 02:12 AM

Here you go:
http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&category=Comp_Boat&postid=25478

sweethomeru
10-10-2013, 08:41 AM
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/4063716074.html

For the purists out there...

What's your take on this '93 190? I'm seeing a low hour boat in great condition. Only problem is that it's not a S&S.

Ebay has most of the decals except for the most important 'Stars and Stripes 190'.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310679009491?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Clone it?

sweethomeru
10-10-2013, 08:46 AM
Here's a pic

east tx skier
10-10-2013, 09:06 AM
It is a Stars and Stripes 190. It just needs new stars. :)

madcityskier
10-10-2013, 09:20 AM
X2. Jump on that. Work with MikeG for decals you need.

snork
10-10-2013, 10:14 AM
I'd be all over that and yes, its a S&S

thatsmrmastercraft
10-10-2013, 10:17 AM
It is a Stars and Stripes 190. It just needs new stars. :)

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Waterskibum
10-11-2013, 11:56 AM
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/4063716074.html

For the purists out there...

What's your take on this '93 190? I'm seeing a low hour boat in great condition. Only problem is that it's not a S&S.

Ebay has most of the decals except for the most important 'Stars and Stripes 190'.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310679009491?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Clone it?

I can get you the complete decal kit very easily, and probably cheaper than eBay.

gsxrjtt
10-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Hey just letting everyone know you CAN still call BAWS for sticker kits and logos etc they still have access to everything and the place that makes them.

thatsmrmastercraft
10-11-2013, 02:22 PM
Hey just letting everyone know you CAN still call BAWS for sticker kits and logos etc they still have access to everything and the place that makes them.

Good to know. Thanks.

sweethomeru
10-11-2013, 04:56 PM
I checked shipping quotes and it's just too much.
Still looking for a pristine '93 S&S.

Cloaked
10-11-2013, 06:10 PM
I checked shipping quotes and it's just too much.
Still looking for a pristine '93 S&S.
lol... you're not looking to hard... :D :D

:)

c_craig
10-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Cloaked - would love to see your boat. I'm sure I missed this a couple of months ago, but where are the user photos (old Showroom)? I assume the "Market" is gone now because of the way the threads are arranged on the home page?

Waterskibum
10-14-2013, 12:23 PM

Yep that's who I was referring to in my post. You can e-mail me, or call Chuck or Josh at BAWS to order. I work there on Saturdays and for special events.