PDA

View Full Version : Repair place for inboard engines in Richmond, VA?

MCBoatGirl
09-22-2013, 12:30 PM
Hello,

Anyone had a good experience with a shop that works on inboards in Richmond VA? I hear the closest MC dealer is in Charlotte.

Thank you!

nascar
09-22-2013, 01:10 PM
try Joe Thompson at Inboard Marine in Wilson , NC 252-2370616 should be a little over 2 hours from you .

Cloaked
09-22-2013, 01:22 PM
Hello,

Anyone had a good experience with a shop that works on inboards in Richmond VA? I hear the closest MC dealer is in Charlotte.

Thank you!engine work

MCBoatGirl
09-22-2013, 02:23 PM
Thanks, it's not for winterization. I have to repair the shaft (bent) and get it reinstalled. I have having trouble getting the cuppling off the shaft. Even if I end up getting that off myself I think I would prefer to have someone else re-assemble everything.

Cloaked
09-22-2013, 02:42 PM
Thanks, it's not for winterization. I have to repair the shaft (bent) and get it reinstalled. I have having trouble getting the cuppling off the shaft. Even if I end up getting that off myself I think I would prefer to have someone else re-assemble everything.
'Repair place for inboard engines in......' :D

SteveM
09-22-2013, 08:33 PM
I'm not sure about Richmond, but there is a place at Lake Anna called The Boat Shop. Their number is 540-895-9616, ask for Rob. I've only used them for parts, but have heard good things and can definitely say he's saved me a few times when I needed a part or some advice. It might be worth calling him to see if he could help you out. Probably would be about an hour from Richmond.

MCBoatGirl
09-23-2013, 10:52 AM
Thanks, I am looking for a local resource for when I have issues. I am working through the shaft situation slowly with the advice from boat owner friends and this forum, but I know there are going to be times when I need additional help and will need to take it somewhere. Just looking for solid references for local resources.