PDA

View Full Version : Winter Skiing in Georgia

richardsoncd
10-20-2005, 05:19 PM
Anyone that is in the southeast and wants to do some skiing, I think that I am not going to winterize my boat, just store it inside....so no off season :guitar:

PointTaken
10-20-2005, 08:01 PM
Mine is never winterized also, and I will be out. I'm in atlanta. We can hook up. I ski on Lanier. As you might imagine, its pretty calm from now til spring.

richardsoncd
10-21-2005, 08:35 AM
I have a dock on Lanier....well a dock to use, sounds good.

wakesport
10-23-2005, 05:38 PM
My wife Betsy and I are looking for some warm areas we can visit and ski this winter. Our lakes will be frozen. We would sure be interested in coming down for a weekend and doing some skiing.

erkoehler
10-23-2005, 05:50 PM
How cool does the water get down there?

Cloaked
10-23-2005, 06:12 PM
My wife Betsy and I are looking for some warm areas we can visit and ski this winter. Our lakes will be frozen. We would sure be interested in coming down for a weekend and doing some skiing.IMHO, north central FL is the least I'd travel south for what I'd perceive as warm water. I know in TN, the water is cold enough in that, I enjoy the down time of winter (Nov - March without a wet suit). It's too cold here to be productive with any time on the water, much less basking to enjoy the water temps... :noface:

However a nice ride on the SeaDoo with jeans and a sweatshirt on a nice fall or spring day is OK by me... :toast:

richardsoncd
10-24-2005, 08:33 AM
How cool does the water get down there?

There are 2 months that are pretty bad, that being December and January...maybe early Feb. but besides that the water is bearable, perhaps and dock start, and don't fall :) Wet suits and dry suits are needed.

richardsoncd
10-24-2005, 08:35 AM
Mine is never winterized also, and I will be out. I'm in atlanta. We can hook up. I ski on Lanier. As you might imagine, its pretty calm from now til spring.

I also have a dock to use on Oconee, a little farther south, but not enough to really matter.