PDA

View Full Version : Food For Thought

BriEOD
09-07-2004, 09:58 PM
Not to get all patriotic and sappy, but a friend of mine who is a Marine Heliocopter pilot sent this out as he was leaving for a year tour in Iraq. I know I am very thankful that we have such honorable men and women defending the thing I hold most precious, freedom. The right to water ski, the right for my kid to attend school and college, the right to express my opinion, own a gun and have a say in who leads our country. Again, I thought this was very heart felt. The writer again is a Marine, not a media guy, or someone selling his life story. He is a skier like us. He owns a Tige and is an avid barefooter. Please take 60 seconds and read this. Thanks.

Trying to explain why you do something is sometimes very difficult if there is not a clear and definable goal or objective. Sometimes you have to look backwards in order to explain the future. By this I can explain myself the easiest.

We as a Nation, a State, a Town, a Family and an Individual can exist and do what we do because of people who came before us and fought for that right! This right which is generally taken for granted is a gift from those who had the desire and conviction to remain steadfast and win and then protect this right.

Now there has become another point in time that our freedom is challenged. I believe that there is now a clear and present danger by a truly evil mind set that threatens our freedom. A freedom we as a free people have become so use to that we do not give it a second thought.

This scares the hell out of me because I feel there are so many of us that would so easily and carelessly give this cherished gift away without even knowing.

There end lies my belief and desire to be a part of defending this freedom. I love my Family I Love my friends both at work and at play, and I Love my Country! I do not always love the people who do not believe as I do but I will fight just the same for their right to pursue their freedom.

I am fully aware that I will be going into harms way to a land where some people want me and my way of life dead. I pray to God to give me the strength to perform in a manner that will enable me to be successful on my mission. I also put my life in God's hands and ask him to use it for good against evil.

To my wife and family, to my dear friends and co workers, I love you all and always want you to remember that I do what I do with total conviction to God, Country, Friends and Family.

Please take care of one another while I am gone and always remember that the price of freedom is not free and that the ones that have volunteered to fight for this right do not do it for money or fame but from a since of duty.

With all my love I will miss you all and think of you often.

God Bless America

stevo137
09-07-2004, 10:27 PM
Brian,
I can't begin to explain the respect that I have for all who sacrifice so much for our country.
These great individuals and their families deserve the upmost respect and gratitude for their service.
I am truly humbled while in their presence.
Sincerely,
Stevo

jimmer2880
09-08-2004, 07:42 AM
This made my eyes swell....

I work for a very large government contractor. Working where I do - I'd say that 98% of the people I work with are very very patriotic & most are ex-military or current guard members. I have more than a couple friends/coworkers currently serving in the mid-east. However - living where I do (about 2 hours outside of DC) I get to interact quite a bit with people who don't believe in what our military is currently doing. I can respect many of them since they vote & are somewhat versed on what the problems are. It is the people like Michael Moore who form opinions based on feelings rather than facts that I have disgust for. Freedom Ain't Free. That's for sure. No doubt that everyone of us owes our lives to the people who defend this great country!
:toast:

captkidd
09-08-2004, 05:00 PM
Brian,

I'll definitely be praying for your friend and the other men and women who are protecting our freedom. We take so much for granted.

BriEOD
09-08-2004, 05:41 PM
Thank you gentleman.

lakes Rick
09-08-2004, 06:12 PM
Nuke there A$$, and take there gas....

BriEOD
09-08-2004, 06:17 PM
Rick!! :D

bradamerry
09-08-2004, 07:53 PM
As I have said a few times on the board, "pray for the troops". They do what we all think about doing, fighting for our country and way of life. And if you don't, move to France!

MarkP
09-08-2004, 08:08 PM
Me Too..:worthy:

Leroy
09-08-2004, 09:12 PM
I don't normally pick on the French, but heard a good one.

News flash: The terror alert in France went up from from Hide to Run!

rem_p
09-08-2004, 11:33 PM
Yes I also have friends and relatives off fighting and protecting our freedom. I am blown away by their sacrifices to the people and the country. My grandfather is a ex-pow from WWII....he was 19 when he fought the germans on d-day and later on during the battle of the bulge, where he was captured....i heard today that 10,000 soldiers have been killed in the war on terror...just think of how many 19 year olds that is that will never have a chance to grow old, because they choose to give their life for our country and freedom.....

im bout to the point where i wanna say ****em and feedem beans......bomb them all and let Jesus sort out the good ones from the bad ones.

Knoxes
09-09-2004, 11:41 AM
hmmm....

tempting... but, alas, not this time.

My best wishes go out to your friend, bri. And to all the others caught in the middle.

sizzler
09-09-2004, 11:48 AM
be thankful you live in a country where it is not frowned upon to be a patriot ,where you do not live in fear of prosecution for expressing your views in case you infringe some ones human rights...its normally too late b4 we as a nation take action......

captkidd
09-09-2004, 03:57 PM
I think the casualty toll is 1,000 US soldiers. One is too many, but God bless them all.

bradamerry
09-09-2004, 04:09 PM
Still not even close compared to what those B*****d's did to us in one hour on 9-11.

John B
09-09-2004, 04:14 PM
Still not even close compared to what those B*****d's did to us in one hour on 9-11.

B*****d's = Rag heads :mad:

Knoxes
09-10-2004, 02:58 PM
Fellas, the people responsible for 9/11 were mostly Saudis, not Iraqis, ok. These are two separate issues/battles. What we're doing in Iraq right now has nothing to do with 9/11.

jimmer2880
09-13-2004, 06:08 AM
How can you say it has nothing to do with 9/11? I strongly believe that if we didn't have 9/11 we wouldn't be in Iraq since the country wouldn't be as against terrorism as it is. ONE (not all, but one) of the reasons for going into Iraq was it was harboring terrorists.

Glad we can all spout our beliefs on this room and not p!ss anyone off :D

BriEOD
09-13-2004, 06:47 AM
I agree with Jimmer, Knoxes you're off your rocker man! Also, 9/11 was a catalyst but we are battling terrorists everywhere: Horn of Africa (look up the country Djibouti), Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. You don't think Saddam harbored and contributed to terrorists? Dude you're killing me. Do you know how many Iraqis for the first time can go to school, play soccer at the Olympics and not worry about being beaten for losing, womens rights, etc. But, no they hate us and every day some chicken sh*t terrorist, coward hides in the shadows waiting to kill our troops. What's different, they don't like us and are trying to kill us. You don't think a lot of those guys are Al-Qaeda?? :noface:

Leec
09-13-2004, 08:22 AM
Hi all! My job is taking me on at least one flight a month,usually to the Dallas area. My last flight was on Saturday 9/11. I was on American Airlines and they made an announcement we had a soldier returning form Iraq and they were moving him up to First Class. The whole plane, well almost the whole plane applauded. The persom sitting next to me didn't and he looked Middle Eastern and was also reading the Divinci Code although not at that time. Once we were in take off mode they announced they had a female soldier who also had been in Iraq and were going to move her to First Class once we were in the air and most but my passenger I was sitting next to applauded again. I thought it was a great thing that they did honoring these two heroic soldiers. :smile:

BriEOD
09-13-2004, 09:23 AM
Hola Lee,

Good story glad to see that!!

Knoxes
09-13-2004, 10:59 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5223932/

Check out what the 9/11 commission has to say about the matter.

If there is a link, it's only because the current administration didn't discourage the false supposition that grew in the US, despite the lack of any evidence. It's a simple misconception. Even the WH addresses it basically as two separate issues, only employing the term "terrorism" in relation to SH on rare occasions. And they're routinely admonished for doing it.

jimmer2880
09-13-2004, 12:00 PM
Knoxes.... Read the entire report for yourself. This so-called bi-partisan report leans so much to the left it's not funny.

Don't talk to me about the administration not wanting to know the truth. The dots are there... connect them!

Knoxes
09-13-2004, 12:26 PM
I think you assume that it leans because it's aligned with what those on the "left" have been saying. The correlation exists because both of these parties are right. Remember, this is a commission that GWB created. There's no valid evidence that there was a relationship between SH and Al-Quida, other than their mutual hatred of the US. Again, even the WH makes it two separate issues, referring to the war on terrorism and the war with Iraq (two different wars).

I don't understand what you meant by the administration not wanting to know the truth. I think they did. But...

"A belief system is a way of looking at the world which forces us to look at the world to support our belief system" (or something like that).

BriEOD
09-13-2004, 12:32 PM
Yeah gimme a break. Slick Willie was to busy getting a BJ for 8 years to do anything in the terrorism arena. While, AF Barracks were being bombed, African Embassies and USN Ships were being attacked he and Al Gore didn't do a dam thing. And if Kerry gets in the Army will have sticks and rocks as armament.

bcampbe7
09-13-2004, 12:34 PM
About 2 months till election day is it???
DING DING, here we go... :woohoo:
I'll sit back and watch. This should get good.

Knoxes
09-13-2004, 01:03 PM
Hey!! I'm an Enthusiast!! When did that happen?

bcampbe7
09-13-2004, 01:09 PM
I think 100 posts makes you an "Enthusiast."

Leec
09-13-2004, 09:15 PM
Yes BriEOD (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=8)

I thought it was really cool!!

:smile:

Leec
09-13-2004, 09:22 PM
Ragged Old Flag"
By John R. Cash

I walked through a county courthouse square,
On a park bench an old man was sitting there.
I said, "Your old courthouse is kinda run down."
He said, "Naw, it'll do for our little town."
I said, "Your old flagpole has leaned a little bit,
And that's a Ragged Old Flag you got hanging on it."

He said, "Have a seat," and I sat down.
"Is this the first time you've been to our little town?"
I said, "I think it is." He said, "I don't like to brag,
But we're kinda proud of that Ragged Old Flag."

"You see, we got a little hole in that flag there when Washington took
it across the Delaware. And it got powder-burned the night Francis Scott
Key Sat watching it writing Say Can You See. And it got a bad rip in New
Orleans With Packingham and Jackson tuggin' at its seems".

"And it almost fell at the Alamo
Beside the Texas flag, but she waved on though.
She got cut with a sword at Chancellorsville
And she got cut again at Shiloh Hill.
There was Robert E. Lee, Beauregard, and Bragg,
And the south wind blew hard on that Ragged Old Flag."

"On Flanders Field in World War I
She got a big hole from a Bertha gun.
She turned blood red in World War II.
She hung limp and low by the time it was through.
She was in Korea and Vietnam.
She was sent where she was by her Uncle Sam."

"She waved from our ships upon the briny foam,
And now they've about quit waving her back here at home.
In her own good land here she's been abused -- She's been
burned, dishonored, denied, and refused."

"And the government for which she stands
Is scandalized throughout the land.
And she's getting threadbare and wearing thin,
But she's in good shape for the shape she's in.
'Cause she's been through the fire before
And I believe she can take a whole lot more."

"So we raise her up every morning,
take her down every night.
We don't let her touch the ground
and we fold her up right.
On second thought, I do like to brag,
'Cause I'm mighty proud of that Ragged Old Flag."
:smile: :smile: :smile:

JimN
09-13-2004, 09:26 PM
Brian- I don't think they're gonna hand out the sticks, now. They formed a focus group and the conclusion was, "Sticks? You could get hoit wit' one-a-dem!"

NeilM
09-13-2004, 09:47 PM
About 2 months till election day is it???
DING DING, here we go... :woohoo:
I'll sit back and watch. This should get good.
Me too - as long as the thread doesn't get too ugly..

stevo137
09-13-2004, 10:21 PM
I have decided to stay out of this one. I have already expressed my gratitude for our great men and women that are fighting for freedom.

Leroy
09-13-2004, 10:45 PM
Another great one Lee on the old flag! Great to hear you on here again!

jimmer2880
09-14-2004, 07:05 AM
I thought it was spit-balls that were being handed out? (reference to speach given at RNC convention by Zell)

bradamerry
09-14-2004, 08:21 AM
I think I will watch this as well. I already know who getting my vote! Maybe this will help.

bradamerry
09-14-2004, 09:55 PM
Maybe this will help some people with their vote?