PDA

View Full Version : Towables

pmikler
09-18-2013, 08:40 PM
This is probably going to be the most epic TeamTalk thread ever. Mark the calendar boys. :rolleyes:

I have a tube for my nieces and nephews and their friends (ages 9-15) and they don't come out enough nor do they want to spend time learning to wakeboard....they want to get on a tube and I am OVER tubes- Buying every 2 years, filling them up, emptying them, dealing with big wet blobs of fabric, emptying ballast and then refilling, the invariable noggin crack if 2 are ridding etc...

I'll pull them all day but I am just sick of pulling tubes. Plus if there are others out I don't want to destroy the water.

In short, Knee board or this? I am not leaning either way and my one thought with the wakesled is even the youngest could handle it. Anything else I am missing?

For your viewing pleasure... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YavnhUXqrgg

BrooksfamX2
09-18-2013, 09:01 PM
hmmmm....

Aric'sX15
09-18-2013, 09:04 PM
wow that actually looks fun! (no sarcasm) haha

scott023
09-19-2013, 12:28 AM
We have a wakeslsd. The kids love it, lighter kids will have some challenges maneuvering it, it's heavier than you think it is. All in all, it's a really cool unit. It's a bit of a pain to have on board for the day, but the smiles are worth it.

trickskier
09-19-2013, 08:19 AM
We have a wakeslsd. The kids love it, lighter kids will have some challenges maneuvering it, it's heavier than you think it is. All in all, it's a really cool unit. It's a bit of a pain to have on board for the day, but the smiles are worth it.

And that's all that really matters!!! :D

treiter
09-19-2013, 09:10 AM
Totally agree Scott. Our kids love the wake sled too. It has a lot of flotation so the smaller kids can jump right on without tipping. Can be towed as slow as you want. Bigger kids like to carve and jump wake to wake. I tried it once.....I'll stick to surfing!!! It does take up a fair bit of space as it really doesn't fit anywhere well. End up putting it on the floor - just don't get your toes under it as the kids jump in the boat. Ouch!! Cool toy.

TxsRiverRat
09-19-2013, 10:56 AM
I can see what would happen if there was a wakesled available in my club... Kyle would want a competition to see who could handle the highest speed on knees, then standing, then riding backwards, etc... then there'd be a video to the wipeout (surfer song) lol

drschemel
09-19-2013, 02:44 PM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=802&pictureid=5668

Just look at those smiling faces. How could you deny them?

CruisinGA
09-19-2013, 02:55 PM
Is it just me, or is Radar making a tube analogous to Porsche making a pick up truck?

H2ORidr
09-19-2013, 03:22 PM
We have a strict rule in our house, every hour of tubing must be accompanied by at least 2 hours of other behind the boat water activity like skiing, wakeboarding or wakeskating. When I implemented this rule last year there was complaining, but they toed the line. This summer the tube came out one time, and one time only, and it was out of the boat for a total of maybe 30 minutes. The rest of the year they spent their time riding sticks. :D

VP46
09-19-2013, 04:08 PM
We have a strict rule in our house, every hour of tubing must be accompanied by at least 2 hours of other behind the boat water activity like skiing, wakeboarding or wakeskating. When I implemented this rule last year there was complaining, but they toed the line. This summer the tube came out one time, and one time only, and it was out of the boat for a total of maybe 30 minutes. The rest of the year they spent their time riding sticks. :D

good rule!

CantRepeat
09-19-2013, 04:29 PM
I used to really enjoy knee boarding it's just that my knees cannot take being compressed like that for any length of time.

scott023
09-19-2013, 04:33 PM
I used to really enjoy knee boarding it's just that my knees cannot take being compressed like that for any length of time.

Mine can't handle it for long either CR. Fun for a short run, once a season.

pmikler
09-19-2013, 05:07 PM
FYI- just pulled the trigger. Gander has them on sale for $200 with free site to store or $20 to your house. They are normally $250. (edit i just found the the $200 one doesnt come with a rope...but i have a rope and a rope aint $50 anyway)

if your interested use the below link- If you look for it under "Watersports" then "knee boards" it comes up as 250. If you search on their site the 199 one comes up along with the $250 one.....go figure

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Wakesledz-Towable-Kneeboard&i=766981&str=wakesledz&merchID=4005

250 Seemed like a bit much for that thing and at 200 ill take it. It will be a welcome reprieve from the tube and will last certainly last longer.

Like the rule about tube time vs ski/wakeboard time. Will have to keep that in mind when i have kids.

BrooksfamX2
09-19-2013, 09:42 PM
When we were kids, we had a piece of plywood shaped a bit like that, that we would ride on standing up. It was tied to the boat and front of the board and had ski handle and short rope tied to the hole in the front to hang on to. I remember it being great fun.

Wonder if that would work in this?? My knees wont let me ride a kneeboard anymore. The g-kids would love it.

I have a great Joker kneeboard just collecting dust now.