PDA

View Full Version : Astros!!!!

Ric
10-19-2005, 08:01 PM
Tonight is the night!! I'm over Monday's letdown and am ready for a World Series in Houston :dance:

André
10-19-2005, 08:04 PM
Do we have members from St Louis ?
Seems like my Expos didn't make it to the playoffs... ;)

stevo137
10-19-2005, 08:10 PM
Tonight is the night!! I'm over Monday's letdown and am ready for a World Series in Houston :dance:
Good luck...
It would be a great series with the Sox if the Astros get there.

bradamerry
10-19-2005, 10:27 PM
What happened to my Braves????? :noface:

stevo137
10-19-2005, 10:34 PM
Congrats Houston.
See you in CHICAGO on Saturday...
White Sox:
Astros:http://deephousepage.com/smilies/splat.gif

Ric
10-20-2005, 01:02 AM
Congrats Houston.
See you in CHICAGO on Saturday...
White Sox:
Astros:http://deephousepage.com/smilies/splat.gif

FINALLY!!!!!

RickDV
10-20-2005, 01:07 AM
Congrats to our friends in TX!

Ric
10-20-2005, 01:13 AM
Thanks. First time for everything!
If I can get a mpg of it, you guys outside of tx need to see the commercial that pettite and clemens do with david carr. It's no frills but classic clemens and pettite mannerisms.
basically the two of them are dressed in full pads and hiding in the shrubs outside a david carr photo shoot and they tell you they're about to welcome carr to town, then they both tackle the hell out of him and pettite calls carr a pretty boy quarterback. pretty funny

east tx skier
10-20-2005, 11:22 AM
Is this where we talk about the White Sox (since we've been talking about the Astros in the WS thread)? :D

GO ASTROS! I've been waiting for this my whole life.

That commercial made me smile.

River Rat
10-20-2005, 01:03 PM
YEEEEE......Haaw about time
:friday:

Go Astros

sassydog
10-20-2005, 02:54 PM
better buy some stock in Kleenex, 'cause you're gonna need 'em when the sox wipe the floor with the Asstros!. the only thing to come out of Texas are steers and queers, and the asstros don't look like steers to me. how are they going to throw with limp wrists? do they plan to hit the ball with their purses? i'll enjoy laughing at them skip around the bases. oh wait nevermind, they'll never be on base!! the only time the asstros will get to first base is a sympathy handjob form their wives after they lose to the Almighty Sox. you can put it on the booooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad, YES!!!!!!

Ric
10-20-2005, 02:57 PM
better buy some stock in Kleenex, 'cause you're gonna need 'em when the sox wipe the floor with the Asstros!. the only thing to come out of Texas are steers and queers, and the asstros don't look like steers to me. how are they going to throw with limp wrists? do they plan to hit the ball with their purses? i'll enjoy laughing at them skip around the bases. oh wait nevermind, they'll never be on base!! the only time the asstros will get to first base is a sympathy handjob form their wives after they lose to the Almighty Sox. you can put it on the booooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad, YES!!!!!!

Almighty Sox? hahahahh :wavey:
try those complete game shenanigans with the stros I dare ya.

BTW sassysox, you never told us how the hardware store date went??

Rockman
10-20-2005, 03:29 PM
BTW sassysox, you never told us how the hardware store date went??

:uglyhamme

Ric
10-20-2005, 03:34 PM
:uglyhamme
:popcorn:

:D

Rockman
10-20-2005, 03:37 PM
Sassy,

Tell us how you really think! Wow!

I guess this is getting a little more than a shoving match!? :confused:

Aren't you suppose to be at work anyways? Your post was at 1:00pm :confused:

east tx skier
10-20-2005, 03:54 PM

Don't worry sissydog, er uh, sassydog (I dunno which is worse) :rolleyes:, I remember when I had my first beer, too. :D

In a few weeks, you'll be reading this quote everywhere. It'll taste just like chicken.

P.S., your avatar is from a movie made in Texas, written and directed by a Texan featuring the song, Damn it feels good to be a Gangsta (Ghetto Boys also from Texas BTW). Is there something you're trying to tell us? :moon:

mitch
10-20-2005, 05:26 PM
Astros in 6

east tx skier
10-20-2005, 05:32 PM
That's my prediction as well. On ebay, a pair of tickets in right field went from $.01 to $50 before I could click the bid button. After 30 minutes, they were over $1,300 with 21 hours to go.

I prefer to fall bass ackwards into Houston championship tickets anyway. Did I mention I have a birthday coming up next week. :)

sassydog
10-20-2005, 07:24 PM
there's a long story to the inside joke that is my screen name, but thats another thread. as long as we have freedom of speech, i'm gonna preach my love of the Sox to everyone who doesn't care to listen. i'm going to speak it as loudly and obnoxiously as humanly possible with complete disregard to how accurate my facts are or whether or not there is any truth to a single statement that i have made, until next season when a better team comes along, at which point i'll probably root for them. (pay no attention to the massive run-on sentence there). and with so much time watching movies and looking up who produced/directed/wrote the score for the movie, i can't imagine you'd be a very good skier. ooooooo BURN!. and sure i may be a young punk with very little ski experience or experience in life generally, but i think you're just jealous that i have my youth and freedom to do whatever and whenever i want, especially sitting at home alone on a saturday drinking to the sox beating the asstros. ok i'm tired of typing.

Ric
10-20-2005, 07:30 PM
there's a long story to the inside joke that is my screen name, but thats another thread. as long as we have freedom of speech, i'm gonna preach my love of the Sox to everyone who doesn't care to listen. i'm going to speak it as loudly and obnoxiously as humanly possible with complete disregard to how accurate my facts are or whether or not there is any truth to a single statement that i have made, until next season when a better team comes along, at which point i'll probably root for them. (pay no attention to the massive run-on sentence there). and with so much time watching movies and looking up who produced/directed/wrote the score for the movie, i can't imagine you'd be a very good skier. ooooooo BURN!. and sure i may be a young punk with very little ski experience or experience in life generally, but i think you're just jealous that i have my youth and freedom to do whatever and whenever i want, especially sitting at home alone on a saturday drinking to the sox beating the asstros. ok i'm tired of typing.
speaking of jealousy of youthful playfulness.... uh, and the hardware girl?.............??

stevo137
10-20-2005, 07:33 PM
Astros in 6
http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif

sassydog
10-20-2005, 07:34 PM
eh, took her out once, nothin worth writing home about. called her once, nothin in return. i'm too busy trying to land other poon to take my time with her. guess i'll have to find another hardware store to pick up chicks. i'd go to Home Depot, but it is call the **** Depot.

Ric
10-20-2005, 07:36 PM
eh, took her out once, nothin worth writing home about. called her once, nothin in return. i'm too busy trying to land other poon to take my time with her. guess i'll have to find another hardware store to pick up chicks. i'd go to Home Depot, but it s call the **** Depot.
Get a Bagwell Jersey. That'll help you with the ladies

sassydog
10-20-2005, 08:03 PM
TAKE THAT!!! C'mon East Tx, where's your Astros avatar.

Ric
10-20-2005, 08:06 PM
Good Idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stevo137
10-20-2005, 08:09 PM
Ric, looks like it will be barely 50 degrees on Saturday and damp.
Perhaps the old pitcher should wear his long undies! :D

Ric
10-20-2005, 08:10 PM
ooh ya, clemens never plays outside of Texas does he?

stevo137
10-20-2005, 08:24 PM
ooh ya, clemens never plays outside of Texas does he?
The weather in Chicago will be a factor in this series.
When it's in the 40's and damp or showers in Chicago along with the north winds off lake Michigan, it goes right through ya'.

AirJunky
10-20-2005, 08:27 PM
It's gonna be funny to see the old guy stomp'em.

stevo137
10-20-2005, 08:35 PM
It's gonna be funny to see the old guy stomp'em.
You know, it could happen but not likely.
I do respect the Astros though.
They are a class act team.
And I'm not kiddin', the weather here goes right through ya', especially when you get older including myself.

bcampbe7
10-20-2005, 08:40 PM
You know, it could happen but not likely.
I do respect the Astros though.
They are a class act team.
And I'm not kiddin', the weather here goes right through ya', especially when you get older including myself.

I don't know jack about baseball. I do agree with Stevo though, that Midwest cold is brutal.

stevo137
10-20-2005, 09:04 PM
I'm just razzin' you guys a bit.
Everyone knows what a great pitcher Clemens has been.

André
10-20-2005, 09:18 PM
How'bout those cold October evening in Tex...Ooops,never mind!

east tx skier
10-20-2005, 11:04 PM
there's a long story to the inside joke that is my screen name, but thats another thread. as long as we have freedom of speech, i'm gonna preach my love of the Sox to everyone who doesn't care to listen. i'm going to speak it as loudly and obnoxiously as humanly possible with complete disregard to how accurate my facts are or whether or not there is any truth to a single statement that i have made, until next season when a better team comes along, at which point i'll probably root for them. (pay no attention to the massive run-on sentence there).

I love it. Kudos to fandom without reason. :toast:

and with so much time watching movies and looking up who produced/directed/wrote the score for the movie, i can't imagine you'd be a very good skier. ooooooo BURN!

Nobody ever said I was a very good skier. (burn dodged). And come on, who has to look up that that's a Mike Judge movie, or that that's Austin (where I spent my 20s). Scored it? It's the Ghetto Boys, not John Williams. 8p I'm not going to start apologizing for the ridiculous amount of trivia I've accumulated over the years. You're just lucky I was sober or I'd have told you that the key grip in that movie plays for the Astros now (not really). But that sort of plays into disregarding the accuracy of facts for effect.

and sure i may be a young punk with very little ski experience or experience in life generally, but i think you're just jealous that i have my youth and freedom to do whatever and whenever i want, especially sitting at home alone on a saturday drinking to the sox beating the asstros. ok i'm tired of typing.

Nah, I'm not jealous of your youth. I had my youth. My youth ruled. And my 30s currently rock (just differently than my 20s). So the good news is that You should have a lot to look forward to. The bad news (for you) is that the Sox winning the series isn't one of those things. So keep routing for your Sox. And I'll route for my Astros.

Actually, I had a change of heart. I think I'm going to route for the Astros.

Glad you came around. Good work. Go Astros. Go Astros. Go Astros. Go Astros. Go Astros. Go Astros. Go Astros. Go Astros. Go Astros. Go Astros. Go Astros. Go Astros. :friday:

/edit. Reading on, I'll keep my avatar. But what happened to your Michael Bolton avatar (I liked it)! And you guys haven't experienced miserable weather until you come to Houston. Just the opposite end of the spectrum. With luck, we'll get one of those 150 degree days with 200% humidity. Nothing like condensation on your eyeballs when you get off the plane. ;) Probably won't happen. October is nothing but pleasant in Texas (fortunately for the Sox).
//speaking of long run on sentences (see what you did).

sassydog
10-21-2005, 07:25 AM
WHOA! how'd you do that? i never said that! Don't you worry about michael bolton, 'there was nothing wrong with that name until that no talent, *** clown came around and started winning grammys', he'll be back after he series, whatever the outcome. I really couldn't care less about baseball, it's good to see chicago in the series, but i just enjoy pushing peoples buttons. OH! theres a breast exam on channel 4, what a i still doing on the board?

Ric
10-21-2005, 09:43 AM
The weather in Chicago will be a factor in this series.
When it's in the 40's and damp or showers in Chicago along with the north winds off lake Michigan, it goes right through ya'.
that may hurt feilders more than pitchers and hitters

Ric
10-21-2005, 09:45 AM
I'm just razzin' you guys a bit.
Everyone knows what a great pitcher Clemens has been.
no pun intended I hope?

Ric
10-21-2005, 09:47 AM
How'bout those cold October evening in Tex...Ooops,never mind!
pretty damn nice actually :moon:
the best part is paying for a retractable roof on your stadium that you don't open in the playoffs because you'd rather have the crowd noise than the humidity as a factor :mad:

east tx skier
10-21-2005, 11:37 AM
WHOA! how'd you do that? i never said that! Don't you worry about michael bolton, 'there was nothing wrong with that name until that no talent, *** clown came around and started winning grammys', he'll be back after he series, whatever the outcome. I really couldn't care less about baseball, it's good to see chicago in the series, but i just enjoy pushing peoples buttons. OH! theres a breast exam on channel 4, what a i still doing on the board?

I love the term "a$$clown" almost as much as "a$$hat."

Pushing buttons can be fun. Just bear in mind that I am an older model that is controlled by a simple analog joystick. Fortunately, you don't strike me as the kind of guy that's going to try to tug on it. :eek:

I'm not really a professional sports fan at all. I just like the Houston teams in spite of the fact that they have let me down repeatedly in the past. That includes going on strike in the late 90s when they perceivably had a shot at the series.

Still waiting to fall a$$ backwards into free tickets. Ric, assuming you don't have any yet, there's a sweepstakes for a pair of tix to game 4 for which you can register on the Astros homepage.

east tx skier
10-21-2005, 11:42 AM
Probably an okay time to mention that when I was a kid, we bought a pitching clinic from Clemens for peanuts at a high school auction (shortly after UT won the college world series). We waited about two years to cash (he'd won Sy Young at that point). Really nice guy despite the reputation he later developed for being a hot head. Some guy from the Cardinals was supposed to do the hitting end of it as well, but he no-showed.

Lots of pictures and autographs on balls, gloves, shirts, etc. My niece goes to school with his little boy now. According to her, all the girls like his kid.

Ric
10-23-2005, 10:41 AM
I like the Astros chances in this thing!
Rocket had a bad start / injury, which hurt us alot but stros had alot of guys on base against the chisox.
While we are in the friggin World Series, our hitting around has been a weakness all year.
I told you we'd run through som chisox pitchers!!!!
Tough nite and I'm ready for game 2!!

I tend to think that stevo was right about the weather playing into clemens age as that hammy has been something he fought most of the year and maybe the cold was too much for it??

stevo137
10-23-2005, 11:03 AM
It was still an exciting game Ric.
The Astros really held their ground considering the fact that they haven't had the days off as the Sox have and the first game was in Chicago.
Also, it's great to see different teams in the series for a change.
It's going to be good for baseball.

sassydog
10-23-2005, 12:23 PM
you can put it on hte boooaaaaaaaaaaaaad, YES!. it was a pretty solid game. i tuned in at the fortch and shocked to see the score at 3-3 already. it was close the whole gome with only a slight edge in faor of the sox, probably cause its our home turf, and it was pretty chilly last night. But a win is still a win and you guys will be crying when my boys sweep your stros in game 4.

erkoehler
10-23-2005, 07:20 PM
T- 2 hours, GO SOX!!!!!

PendO
10-24-2005, 12:18 AM
That took some stones trying to score from second on that play - nice slide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6-6

stevo137
10-24-2005, 12:20 AM
That took some stones trying to score from second on that play - nice slide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6-6
Yep, bring it on...

RickDV
10-24-2005, 12:22 AM
Good game. Lousy weather. Not a good night for extra innings.

Ric
10-24-2005, 12:25 AM
Yep, bring it on...
Bullshod call on that 3-2 pitch
another one handed to the sox by blue for sure

PendO
10-24-2005, 12:29 AM
Damn, that sucked!

Ya'll need a new Closer!

stevo137
10-24-2005, 12:34 AM
C'mon Ric,
The game had great umps.
They called some bad pitches too, sooo what...

Ric
10-24-2005, 12:37 AM
C'mon Ric,
The game had great umps.
They called some bad pitches too, sooo what...
balls/strikes are a bit different than hit batsmen/fouls stevo. BIG difference.

Dare we revisit the series that got the sox here? I promise you , the stros have been handed NOTHING. Cant say that for the chisox

erkoehler
10-24-2005, 12:41 AM

Here come the excuses!

stevo137
10-24-2005, 12:41 AM

Dare we revisit the series that got the sox here? I promise you , the stros have been handed NOTHING. Cant say that for the chisox
Oh c'mon!
Think about what the Sox did tonight.
Clutch grand slam, clutch bottom of the 9th homer...

Ric
10-24-2005, 12:43 AM
Here come the excuses!
excuses? not from me, these astros play good hard fought baseball

let them play!

let them play!

wait, that came from Houston too didn't it?

sassydog
10-24-2005, 12:43 AM
Lazarus risen! i thought my boys were done for when janks fell apart and Vizcaino brought in 2 runs in the ninth. :vomit: But chicago prevailes to rise for the dead and leave their mark on the stros. i will admit that i did see the ball hit the Dye's bat just before Konerko's HR, but hey, you guys should have thrown in Lidge to close out before Konerko had a chance to do any damage. looked the the stros were struggling a little in the brutal chicago weather, 46 deg. and rain, thats more than enough to keep a lot of guys off the top of their game. we'll see if the fair weather in Houston effects the dominating wrath of the Sox. :banana:

erkoehler
10-24-2005, 12:46 AM
Either way, great game. The weather was typical Chicago weather, windy and rainy.

Ric
10-24-2005, 12:47 AM
Oh c'mon!
Think about what the Sox did tonight.
Clutch grand slam, clutch bottom of the 9th homer...
what did the sox do?
astros led til the umpire gave chisox the lead by forcing a pitching change by a little league call.
walk of homer be damned

Ric
10-24-2005, 12:48 AM
Lazarus risen! i thought my boys were done for when janks fell apart and Vizcaino brought in 2 runs in the ninth. :vomit: But chicago prevailes to rise for the dead and leave their mark on the stros. i will admit that i did see the ball hit the Dye's bat just before Konerko's HR, but hey, you guys should have thrown in Lidge to close out before Konerko had a chance to do any damage. looked the the stros were struggling a little in the brutal chicago weather, 46 deg. and rain, thats more than enough to keep a lot of guys off the top of their game. we'll see if the fair weather in Houston effects the dominating wrath of the Sox. :banana:
puhleasse...
go back to pizzing off the florida people sassysox

erkoehler
10-24-2005, 12:49 AM
what did the sox do?
astros led til the umpire gave chisox the lead by forcing a pitching change by a little league call.
walk of homer be damned

are you making excuses :mad:

The sox were the better team tonight period. :D

sassydog
10-24-2005, 12:55 AM
puhleasse...
go back to pizzing off the florida people sassysox

ya bad move on my part, jumping on the board in the morning when you're still drunk from the night before is a BAD idea!! appoligies to the floridians i upset. GO SOX!!!

erkoehler
10-24-2005, 01:13 AM
So, who thinks it will be over in 4???? I am guessing 5 games.

PendO
10-24-2005, 01:19 AM

How much does a gallon of Lidge Premium 92 Octane cost? FLAMETHROWER! Looks like he needed to get right after that last series, Mitch Williams???????

Ric
10-24-2005, 11:03 AM
How much does a gallon of Lidge Premium 92 Octane cost? FLAMETHROWER! Looks like he needed to get right after that last series, Mitch Williams???????
:rant: lidge is good about shaking off the bad outings but I think it's time for the boy to get MAD MAD and go out there and do it!

east tx skier
10-24-2005, 01:50 PM
I'm sticking with my original Astros in 6 prediction. So far, I'm right on the money.

Ric
10-26-2005, 12:30 AM
:rant: lidge is good about shaking off the bad outings but I think it's time for the boy to get MAD MAD and go out there and do it!
AND some big bats!!

erkoehler
10-26-2005, 03:03 AM
dude, this is a long game........ :eek:

stevo137
10-26-2005, 03:38 AM
Phil Garner is saying that the Astros did not play well??? :confused:
I thought that they played a solid game.
(The longest game in world series history)

erkoehler
10-26-2005, 03:39 AM
Both teams played awesome games, and it could have gone either way. I wouldn't have guessed that BLUM would win the game for them. :D :woohoo:

east tx skier
10-26-2005, 11:45 AM
I said it once, and I'll say it again. Great game. Horrible outcome. There's no winning games leaving people on base like we did when it counted.

Go Astros.

stevo137
10-26-2005, 11:52 AM
I said it once, and I'll say it again. Great game. Horrible outcome. There's no winning games leaving people on base like we did when it counted.

Go Astros.
Great defense on both sides left many on base...

planoboy
10-26-2005, 12:27 PM
They left oswalt in too long. 46 pitches in one inning. cmon.
astros mgmt blew it in the 5th.
astros win tonight.

aprgriggs
10-26-2005, 01:14 PM
what happened to the astros... they just can't pull one in. I hope they atleast get one.

erkoehler
10-26-2005, 01:39 PM
Why draw out the inevitable......SOX WIN tonight, bring out the brooms :D

:dance:

Ric
10-26-2005, 02:10 PM
no brooms!!!!!!!!
erkle, aside from the many obvious answers to such a silly question you ask, my best answer is we should at least get to savor 3 world series games in Houston. :o
You know, ask the sox to throw a game. after all, sox KNOW how to do that :D

Do what you want with it after that.

What a hard fought battle last night!

Ric
10-26-2005, 02:13 PM
This has been a series of unlikely heroes and honestly some unlikely weaknesses.
Royo falling apart in the 5th???? Who'dathunk?
Clemens getting tore up in game one???
astros castoff BLUM homering in extra innings.
and on and on and on and on and on.........
my point to this ramble is that while backe makes me nervous, he will likely do quite well tonight

Workin' 4 Toys
10-26-2005, 03:11 PM
I'm sticking with my original Astros in 6 prediction. So far, I'm right on the money.

Edit feature is still available....

east tx skier
10-26-2005, 04:00 PM
You got me. I can't predict the future. I'll have to take that off my resume.

Go Astros.

M-Funf
10-26-2005, 05:33 PM
Yeah, lots of runners left on base last night. My wife always says:

"If you wan't to win the game, you've got to hit the ball"

Good Luck tonight, Astros!!!!!

P.S. Close the roof!

erkoehler
10-26-2005, 05:58 PM
Yeah, lots of runners left on base last night. My wife always says:

"If you wan't to win the game, you've got to hit the ball"

Good Luck tonight, Astros!!!!!

P.S. Close the roof!

Didn't the commissioner decide that the roof would remain open unless it was raining?

east tx skier
10-26-2005, 06:21 PM
I believe there are lots of criteria, i.e., temperature, weather, that dictate whether it is closed. I hear the commissioner has decided he wants to bat clean-up for the Astros tonight. His prerogative I guess. :rolleyes:

Ric
10-26-2005, 06:36 PM
I believe there are lots of criteria, i.e., temperature, weather, that dictate whether it is closed. I hear the commissioner has decided he wants to bat clean-up for the Astros tonight. His prerogative I guess. :rolleyes:
:purplaugh .
he pulled the tables out of the outfield restaurant too
I still haven't figured that one out?? That was a great place to watch the game and they would have brought a pretty penny

east tx skier
10-26-2005, 06:44 PM
He what? Why the $*(& would he do that?

stevo137
10-26-2005, 06:49 PM
Ric, you go to games in the juice box, IYO, isn't it better to enjoy a game on a nice day or evening in the open air?
As far as the Sox were concerned, they said it didn't matter to them if the roof was opened or closed.
I still don't get why you need a roof in Houston...

Ric
10-26-2005, 07:27 PM
Ric, you go to games in the juice box, IYO, isn't it better to enjoy a game on a nice day or evening in the open air?
As far as the Sox were concerned, they said it didn't matter to them if the roof was opened or closed.
hahahah yes you do get why you need a roof in houston ;)

dont misunderstand me. I dont think the roof open or closed wins games.

baseball cannot have revenue sharing but they have control over a sliding roof? Where was selig during the playoffs? LET THEM PLAY
LET THEM PLAY
LET THEM PLAY

I am perplexed as to why the expensive table seats were removed though.... Maybe that was the only place to put chris berman??

AirJunky
10-26-2005, 07:30 PM
Because it rains everyday at 4:00? :rolleyes:

erkoehler
10-27-2005, 01:04 AM
:banana: :banana: :banana: SOX WIN!!!!!!!

sassydog
10-27-2005, 01:16 AM
you can put it on the boooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard, YES!!! :toast: :banana: :banana: :banana:

stevo137
10-27-2005, 01:47 AM
As I have said before, both teams are a class act and it was a thrill watching the series.
The Astros will definately be back...

M-Funf
10-27-2005, 12:19 PM
:banana:SOX WIN!!!!!!!
:rant:

dammit all...

Ah, well, just a game...there's always next year. Maybe the Giants will even do better :rolleyes:

Ric
10-27-2005, 12:21 PM
As I have said before, both teams are a class act and it was a thrill watching the series.
agreed
it damn near killed me though!

btmag
10-27-2005, 12:29 PM

All over now, but what a great series. Just wished it lasted longer.

Ric
10-27-2005, 12:31 PM
This has been a series of unlikely heroes and honestly some unlikely weaknesses.
Royo falling apart in the 5th???? Who'dathunk?
Clemens getting tore up in game one???
astros castoff BLUM homering in extra innings.
and on and on and on and on and on.........
my point to this ramble is that while backe makes me nervous, he will likely do quite well tonight
Backe did an honorable job when I least expected him to. astro big rotation fell apart this series!

east tx skier
10-27-2005, 12:37 PM
Congratulations to the Whitesox. The Astros simply could not put the bat on the ball when it counted, and the better team one. Both teams played superb defense and all the wins were hard fought. I hope we get a rematch one day.

Ric
05-04-2006, 12:31 AM
just finished watching lidge finish off the cards and meanwhile flipping over to the re-run of UT defeating USC for the NFC (national friggin championship) nice evening

east tx skier
05-04-2006, 12:44 AM
I watched the 06 Rosebowl last friday right before the draft. Loved listening to the announcers with about 8 min. left.

Ric
05-04-2006, 12:46 AM
I watched the 06 Rosebowl last friday right before the draft. Loved listening to the announcers with about 8 min. left.
"give the ball to number 10"
"pete carrol said his strategy was to come at vince"

woooohooooooo

east tx skier
05-04-2006, 12:47 AM
Actually, they were making incorrect predictions for MVP. About 2 minutes later, things started changing.

Ric
05-04-2006, 12:49 AM
yes you are correct, and I was cussing the hollywood pandering like a mad fool on the night of the live telecast!!!

east tx skier
05-04-2006, 12:52 AM
I didn't notice. I was having negative thoughts at that point. That soon changed.

Ric
05-15-2006, 06:18 PM
will tonite be the nite for bonds to tie the record while visiting homerun field?

we'll see

east tx skier
05-15-2006, 06:20 PM
Who's pitching for the 'stros?

Ric
05-15-2006, 06:23 PM
buckholtz 2-0 facing bonds

Ric
06-28-2006, 09:31 AM
I didn't catch any sportscenter since the game yesterday, did Clemens get some run for the shutout and the hooplah over pisspoor umpiring?

Maristar210
06-28-2006, 01:02 PM
Clemens pitched great. Man I have a lot of respect for him. He is a stud.

After that you guys got ran by a better team. The Tigers are unbelievable this year. I root for the Cubs in the NL and the Tigers in the AL. I also root for anyone who plays that POS from the South Side Ozzie Guillien and the thugs known as the White Sox.

Steve

Ric
06-28-2006, 03:54 PM
Maybe the tigers are better but there was alotta crap in that game that was bad breaks for the stros that I cannot credit to the tigers.
Ensberg needs a break, we NEED bullpen and lord please send us ONE MORE BAT! (I don't ask you for much)
anybody know the score right now?

Scot
06-28-2006, 04:16 PM
I would like to see the rocket drive a bus up the arses of his under achieving no bat teammates. He should have been Cy Young last year had he had any kind of run support.... We are the luckiest fans to have him and really ticks me off to see him wasted when he is still pitching so strong....

Maristar210
06-28-2006, 05:17 PM
FINAL: Tigers 5 Stro's 0

Ric
07-26-2006, 12:36 PM
Rocket loses last night two to NOTHING.... we need a bat or two now that the bullpen is picking up what they are actually hired to do over here!
All this as the southside kissers are about to pick up soriano...

Ric
07-30-2006, 12:26 AM
astros win!!!!!!!!!!! 4 to 1

do we have a chance!?

ump I drank a boat payment worth of seven dollar beers at the game today but I got a Craig Biggio figurine! what the hell am I gonna do with that?
Boy wonder hit a lead off home run AGAIN though

These figurines all boxed up remind me of the 40 year old virgin!

Gotta get them outta here before the place looks like neverland ranch!

Hoosier Bob
07-30-2006, 12:57 AM
I drink a lot but have never drank so much I got a figurine!astros win!!!!!!!!!!! 4 to 1

do we have a chance!?

ump I drank a boat payment worth of seven dollar beers at the game today but I got a Craig Biggio figurine! what the hell am I gonna do with that?
Boy wonder hit a lead off home run AGAIN though

These figurines all boxed up remind me of the 40 year old virgin!

Gotta get them outta here before the place looks like neverland ranch!

Ric
07-30-2006, 12:59 AM
you have alot to learn about drinking, grasshopper

Hoosier Bob
07-30-2006, 01:09 AM
Teach me master!:o you have alot to learn about drinking, grasshopper

Ric
07-30-2006, 01:13 AM
first you must hydrate
next prepare to spend too much money for the same thing you can buy at the grocery store but it's not pathetic because you are in public:(

Ric
07-30-2006, 01:16 AM
Met Drayton McCLain today
he stopped and shook my hand and all... My chic said he must have known how cool I was. I said I am totally ashamed that he may have intended to mingle with the fans and I appeared to be some sports nut who would prop him on a call in show on monday....... or God forbid, the INTERNET!!

Hoosier Bob
07-30-2006, 01:24 AM
So you are telling this to a Hoosier why? First anyone who is named Drayton and is not drunk somewhere in Western Ohio deserves they have their arse kicked! Oh Rush on the radio! I have no concerns regarding the aristocracy that owneth ****eth teams from minor markets! Anyway I am sure you held your ground that is much firmer than they! How is that for a start master?

Ric
07-30-2006, 01:26 AM
So you are telling this to a Hoosier why? First anyone who is named Drayton and is not drunk somewhere in Western Ohio deserves they have their arse kicked! Oh Rush on the radio! I have no concerns regarding the aristocracy that owneth ****eth teams from minor markets! Anyway I am sure you held your ground that is much firmer than they! How is that for a start master?
you have passed the first step my son
you completely understand that stating your point clearly is completely unimportant when drinking.

Ric
08-05-2006, 02:18 AM
Here the stros have a 2 run lead into the 9th and lidge comes in to close and loads the bases.... Garner just walked in and called for a new pitcher

Tom023
08-05-2006, 10:38 AM
Here the stros have a 2 run lead into the 9th and lidge comes in to close and loads the bases.... Garner just walked in and called for a new pitcher

That must be about the 10th or 15th time this season Lidge has loaded the bases and blown a lead. When are they going to dump this guy? Now they can forget about training him, just cut him!

Ric
08-05-2006, 12:33 PM
we need a closer
Billy Wagner would work!

JimN
08-05-2006, 01:52 PM
Too bad Milwaukee isn't a bigger market. The Brewers are like the Major League version of a farm team. Once they can't afford to keep really good players, they go on to other teams and have to start over again.

Billy Wagner, Phil Garner- what other former Brewers are in the Astros organization?

Ric
08-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Too bad Milwaukee isn't a bigger market. The Brewers are like the Major League version of a farm team. Once they can't afford to keep really good players, they go on to other teams and have to start over again.

Billy Wagner, Phil Garner- what other former Brewers are in the Astros organization? wagner is long gone from houston but is sorely missed... That is a good trivia question though

JimN
08-05-2006, 05:16 PM
He's long gone from here too, but they could use him since the bullpen is so depleted now. A couple of the hurt pitchers are back but they aren't doing very well.

Ric
08-06-2006, 01:25 AM
astrholes win! 9-3!!!!!! Rocket gets some bat backup! happy bday Clemens

stevo137
08-06-2006, 01:30 AM
OMG! You still keep this old thead going??? :rolleyes:

stevo137
08-06-2006, 01:31 AM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ric
08-06-2006, 01:48 AM
OMG! You still keep this old thead going??? :rolleyes: all by myself! you are welcome to help keep it alive stevo!

Maristar210
08-15-2006, 01:23 PM
Okay maybe shelled was too strong a choice. I am a Cub fan. Yes I know it's sad.

Going to Wrigley in two weeks to watch the Cubs play the Pirates. It'll be like watching little league except with beer because they both suck.

Steve

Ric
08-16-2006, 01:15 AM
I don't know how you knew Rocket was going to give up 5 tonite but with the game still on in the 13th right now, I gotta believe!!! We had it won, with 2 outs and an 0-2 count in the 9th and friggin lidge gave up a tying homer

PendO
08-16-2006, 01:17 AM
Okay maybe shelled was too strong a choice. I am a Cub fan. Yes I know it's sad.

Going to Wrigley in two weeks to watch the Cubs play the Pirates. It'll be like watching little league except with beer because they both suck.

Steve

I heard if you go to a cubs fan that the mob gets a cut of the ticekt price?

Ric
08-16-2006, 01:18 AM
everett is about to get hold of one and game ovah!!!

Ric
08-16-2006, 01:19 AM
maybe not....

Ric
08-16-2006, 01:22 AM
and here's let-down lane

Ric
08-16-2006, 01:24 AM
and......... we're going to the fourteenth

Ric
08-16-2006, 01:34 AM
time for ENSBERG to earn his pay in the 14th

Ric
08-16-2006, 01:36 AM
3-1 to ensberg... flied out

Ric
08-16-2006, 01:37 AM
berkman with one away and 1 on first in the top of the 14th ..... pitch around??

Ric
08-16-2006, 01:40 AM
full count to berkman

Ric
08-16-2006, 01:41 AM
berkman out, burke to second with 2 away

Ric
08-16-2006, 01:41 AM
and, we're goin to the 15th!

Ric
08-16-2006, 01:52 AM
3-1pitch to ausmus in the 15th

Ric
08-16-2006, 01:53 AM
walked ausmus
runners on 1st & 2nd
letdown lane at the plate
taveras on deck

Ric
08-16-2006, 01:54 AM
1-1 to lane

Ric
08-16-2006, 01:54 AM
2-2 to lane

Ric
08-16-2006, 01:55 AM
lane flies out

Ric
08-16-2006, 01:57 AM
and we go to the 16th tied 6 to 6

Ric
08-16-2006, 02:05 AM
oh and uhhhhh are there any questions about what happens when you mess with clemens?

Ric
08-16-2006, 02:07 AM
berkman about to finish this!!!!!!!!

Ric
08-16-2006, 02:08 AM
berkman dry humps the bat again to go ohfer for tonite

Ric
08-16-2006, 02:11 AM
I give up, headed to the 17th and it's 12:11am
somebody post the final so I can know when I wake up!!

Maristar210
08-16-2006, 08:47 AM
everett is about to get hold of one and game ovah!!!

Your right Ric or Rachelle, Rouchelle or what ever the hell your name is, the game is over. Cubs win - Cubs win - Cubs win.

Clemens did look good though. Even on the one to the middle of the back of the cubs batter....:rolleyes:

Steve

chudson
08-16-2006, 09:36 AM
Looked like target practice out there last night not baseball. Cubs used every player on the roster.

Chicago wins 8-6.

chudson
08-16-2006, 09:50 AM
Something that was pretty funny lastnight was when Roger nailed a cub batter the homeplate umpire came charging out of the box waving his finger at Roger as if he was gonna toss him. But some where between the box and the pitchers mound the ump remembered that the 36,000 plus people had come to see Roger pitch not him throw Roger out and he sort of talked to Roger nicely turned and walked back to the box.

Maristar210
08-16-2006, 09:58 AM
Chudson,

Yes that was retaliation for what Zambrano did the night before as you probably know. He's lucky Clemens only whisked him otherwise that would have left a mark;)

Steve

Ric
08-16-2006, 10:40 AM
I was trying to make what clemens was saying to the ump and it was either
"I stayed away from the head ump" or "I had to do it ump" or maybe it was "take your fatass back behind that plate blue before you get one too"???

chudson
08-16-2006, 12:06 PM
1."I stayed away from the head ump"
2."I had to do it ump"
3."take your fatass back behind that plate blue before you get one too"???

I'm bettin all three!!!

Ric
08-21-2006, 11:41 PM
ughhhh hometown boy throws a shutout thru 6 and the bullpen gives up the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not throwin in the towel yet, but the fat lady is hummin

Ric
09-14-2006, 08:17 PM
The towel is in the locked and loaded position

Ric
09-27-2006, 12:45 AM
No delusions of grandeur here but when nobody was looking, the Lastros won 7 straight and are now 1-1/2 games out of the wildcard spot with a week or so left!

Ric
09-29-2006, 11:23 AM
Just mindin my own bidness over heah... 1/2 game out with 3 to play

Ric
12-09-2006, 02:25 PM
so the cubby chat in the tickets thread made me realize I have not kept up with the stros this off season

Pettite is out (according to the papers he signed with NY for 16mil for a year and a 16 mil option for 08)

Clemens is most likely gone
we picked up a bat

I read somewhere that we picked up woody williams but I am not sure as I have not been following

bring the cubs to htown ! It will be fun

Ric
08-27-2007, 06:22 PM
so yesterday I watch a love session retiring bagwells jersey and today big daddy D fires purpura and scrapiron Garner?

Willski
08-27-2007, 07:08 PM
Next 3 days are gonna be rough when my Redbirds come down and whoop up on the Stros.

Maristar210
08-28-2007, 09:30 AM
That whistle sound you hear is the stro's in a tail spin.

Counld not happen to a nicer buncha homos.

Bring back Ryan and JR Richard.

Bagwell is a jacka$$ :D :D :D