PDA

View Full Version : Best salt water surf boat?

51timber
09-10-2013, 11:55 PM
What is the best boat for being able to take a wave and still use it to surf? Ive heard the x35ss can handle rough water? I live on cape cod and would like to be able to shoot over to the vineyard and know if I encounter some chop it will be ok.

AlbertaSurfer
09-11-2013, 01:38 AM
Best salt water surf wake is Cloudbreak, Tavarua, Fiji...

Sorry, I had to...

JohnE
09-11-2013, 09:52 AM
I would think X55. Heard good things about the X25 too.

gweaver
09-11-2013, 10:28 AM
What about one of the CSX (http://www.boattest.com/boats/boat_video.aspx?ID=1945) series boats? I know the interior is not the same, as the CSX is set up as a center console, but it's the same hull as the...X55? XStar? Not sure which hull exactly (saw it around here somewhere), but anyway, the boat was designed around salt water- comes with the SS engine, all stainless hardware, T-Top has a built in tow point, etc.
G

JohnE
09-11-2013, 10:31 AM
What about one of the CSX (http://www.boattest.com/boats/boat_video.aspx?ID=1945) series boats? I know the interior is not the same, as the CSX is set up as a center console, but it's the same hull as the...X55? XStar? Not sure which hull exactly (saw it around here somewhere), but anyway, the boat was designed around salt water- comes with the SS engine, all stainless hardware, T-Top has a built in tow point, etc.
G

X25 hull was created from the CSX 220 which is a DD boat. The CSX 265 is also a DD boat but the hull was unique to it as far as I know. Both would fit the bill for the use described. Not sure what the surf wake is on the 265. The CSX 220 had such a good wake that the developed the X25 from it.

51timber
09-12-2013, 12:01 AM
What about the x35??? ss

Grant777
09-12-2013, 03:50 AM
The X35 apparently has the largest dead rise of any Mastercraft boat. I am sure it would handle anything that you'd take a 20' RIB in (except surf breaks of course). The self bailers on the saltwater series handle any water in the cabin. The big issue is - do you really want to swamp your boat with saltwater? I'd pick the right day to head offshore. My X-2 has been through some heavy chop - and it's tiny compared to the X-35. I just keep the speed down and close up the walk through door and windscreen.