PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Mass riders/skiers - Rt. 495!

mitch
09-07-2004, 09:55 PM
Was involved in a thread (since deleted) on the last board and there were a couple of people interested (I jumped in on a thread about Long Pond). Some people from Framingham (X9) and Nashua, NH?? Looking for after work during the week, and Rt 495 belt would be killer for me, as I'm in Franklin, MA 3-4x/week, and schedule is flexible mid-late PM! I'll be riding until Nov., and my gear is always in the back of my truck! My MC is in the water in S. Maine until Columbus Day weekend, if that works! Drop me a line. Thanks!

mcprostar197
09-30-2004, 11:11 PM
i go to school in SE vermont, and would love to have my boat up here to go skiing/boarding

sfitzgerald351
10-03-2004, 09:05 PM
Cool that there are more Mass folks out there! Though it won't do me much good for the rest of this year as I'm now back at school in CT (doing my MBA at Yale). I just had my ride out on Lake Cochituate today and it was perfect. Only 2 guys out fishing. Not a ripple. A perfect way to end the season. The boat is getting put away when I'm home in two weeks since it's the only time I have to do it. I sure wish I had a heated garage so I didn't have to schedule the put away so early. We'll have to meet up next year for sure! Where's your place in Maine? I have friends on Moose pond new Brownfield and we always try to take the boat up there a couple of times.

mitch
10-15-2004, 10:33 AM
Scott, I'm on Mousam Lake in Acton ME. It's a 1/2 from Rochester, NH, right on the S. Maine line. Boat stays in the water all season. We just pulled everything out last weekend. Boat is now home, and weather permitting we'll ski/ride until end of Oct/early Nov locally. Drop me a line if you're back in town. MCPro. S Vermont is a bit of a haul, but if you're in the area, let's go. Heck, have not even broke out the wetsuit yet, let alone the dry suit :woohoo:

sfitzgerald351
10-15-2004, 11:52 AM
Awesome! Don't know when I'll be in town with a free minute to ski, but I do appreciate the invite and at the very least we'll have to have a New England get together next spring with some of the others around.

mitch
10-25-2004, 10:02 AM
Scott, We went yesterday in Chemlsford. 48 air, and water felt about 50. Epic flat conditions on the Merrimack River, very nice, but dry suit was a must. I've got maybe one more week before I winterize. Hopefully I'll get one more shot at it. Hooking up in the spring sounds great. We're usually in a week or so after ice out. Cya!

sfitzgerald351
10-25-2004, 01:42 PM
I was up in Bethel Maine this weekend and it was COLD! I winterized the boat the previous weekend and now just need to build my 'covered wagon' to get it ready for the snow. We'll catch up in the spring.

Where do you ski in Chelmsford? I've skied on the Merrimack, launching from the Lawrence Riverfront State Park and going upstream under I-93. Is this where you go or is there another section you prefer? I like the Merrimack because the ramp is free, in good shape, and doesn't close so you can ski until it's dark. The only bummer is that you take your health into your own hands after a rain and I usually have the sniffles for 2 days even if the water is fairly clear.

mitch
10-25-2004, 09:32 PM
Sometimes ride that section in the summer. My bud keeps his Bu there. Skiing under Rt. 93 is trip. although not fond of that area of Lawrence, and not sure I'd leave my rig there. I was further north on the Lowell/Chelmsford line. There are 2 ramps, one is brand new w/ a floating dock, right near the Roark (sp) bridge. We use the other one across the river in N. Chelmsford. We were no doubt the only one's using that ramp yesterday :eek:

sfitzgerald351
10-25-2004, 09:37 PM
How do you get to those ramps from I-93 and what is the river like up there? Is it pretty obvious to a new boater where to go and what to avoid? How far up/down the river can you go from the ramps?

mitch
10-27-2004, 10:52 AM
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&un=m&2tabval=address&cl=EN&ct=NA&1tabval=address&1y=US&1a=&1c=boston&1s=ma&1z=&1ah=&2y=US&2a=1001+pawtucket+blvd&2c=lowell&2s=ma&2z=&2ah=&idx=0&id=417fa7b3-00292-06157-400c254e&aid=417fa7b3-00293-06157-400c254e

The brand new ramp is across the street from the link above

sfitzgerald351
10-27-2004, 12:31 PM
Cool. I'll have to try it next year.