PDA

View Full Version : Day1 Wake News

BMcD
09-09-2013, 12:05 PM
Hey all,

We at Day1Wake are really excited to announce Parker Payne joining our team. He is an up-and-coming kid that really represents the future of the sport.

Press release here at Day1 (http://day1wake.com/press/)Wake

If you are interested in a board that is dialed in for your size, riding style, and wake, drop us a line.

Most importantly, keep on surfin'. It's a great way to get people of all sizes, shapes, and ages on the water!

Best regards,

Day1 Wake (http://www.day1wake.com)

Traxx822
09-10-2013, 09:25 AM
Congrats, That kid rips.

BMcD
09-10-2013, 10:39 AM
Thanks Traxx!

If anyone is interested in footage, here is his entry for the MyWake contest that won an invite to the finals in Reno. Sorry about promoting a Tige event here, but there is some good footage of him behind the Day1 X-45... and his own Malibu, so I guess it is a melting pot of manufacturers. Of course we still favor the MC surf wake.

http://mywake.tige.com/video/7wZ9HfH-guE

chriscraftmatt1976
09-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Congrats, That kid rips.

Not bad for a kid, but drew danielo and the phase 5 team make it look like amateur hour Imo. Different style, I know, but the phase 5 team video on YouTube is pretty rad. Big spins, 360 shuvs... Hard tricks to ride out, and these guys don't have the advantage of weighing 80#.

scott023
09-10-2013, 11:31 AM
Not bad for a kid, but drew danielo and the phase 5 team make it look like amateur hour Imo. Different style, I know, but the phase 5 team video on YouTube is pretty rad. Big spins, 360 shuvs... Hard tricks to ride out, and these guys don't have the advantage of weighing 80#.

Really??? Way to step in and stomp on a guys thread. Sheesh, opinions are like ***holes, everyones got one. Doesn't mean they need to be shared.

chriscraftmatt1976
09-10-2013, 11:37 AM
Really??? Way to step in and stomp on a guys thread. Sheesh, opinions are like ***holes, everyones got one. Doesn't mean they need to be shared.

Really? Then why the forum? I said IMO buddy. Did you just not state an opinion as well? I'm not telling you to zip it up. Jeez... Sorry to offend your delicate sensibilities Scott.

scott023
09-10-2013, 11:40 AM
Really? Then why the forum? I said IMO buddy. Did you just not state an opinion as well? I'm not telling you to zip it up. Jeez... Sorry to offend your delicate sensibilities Scott.

LMAO. I don't know the OP from a hole in the ground, nor am I sensitive. IMO is all fine and dandy, but sometimes better kept to yourself.

chriscraftmatt1976
09-10-2013, 11:41 AM
:)LMAO. I don't know the OP from a hole in the ground, nor am I sensitive. IMO is all fine and dandy, but sometimes better kept to yourself.

Then keep yours to yourself. And btw, you are definitely sensitive.

scott023
09-10-2013, 11:46 AM
:)

Then keep yours to yourself. And btw, you are definitely sensitive.

I do keep mine to myself when I think it'll negatively affect others... I was simply suggesting others do the same when the subject has no personal affect on them. You don't know me at all, so to suggest you do seems beyond preposterous. I have no issues with you, at all, just seems weird to stomp on a guy that is apparently trying to start up a new business and is proud of a new signing.

chriscraftmatt1976
09-10-2013, 11:48 AM
I do keep mine to myself when I think it'll negatively affect others... I was simply suggesting others do the same when the subject has no personal affect on them. You don't know me at all, so to suggest you do seems beyond preposterous. Good day.

I've seen your posts. I said Good day! :):):)

Traxx822
09-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Well that escalated quickly :D

Traxx822
09-10-2013, 12:10 PM
Oh and Chris. He is an Amateur. He doesn't ride Pro. ... yet :)

BMcD, Any chance there might be an opportunity to demo one of your boards somewhere around Chicago?

chriscraftmatt1976
09-10-2013, 12:43 PM
Oh and Chris. He is an Amateur. He doesn't ride outlaw. ... yet :)

BMcD, Any chance there might be an opportunity to demo one of your boards somewhere around Chicago?

Lol, just poking. That board does look cool. Never heard of them...

BMcD
09-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Hey guys,

Love the enthusiasm about the sport, let's just keep in mind we are talking about a young rider who has only been competing for a year, but who also is winning big at various comps. He's got momentum, we are proud that he is riding for us.

As for demoing in Chicago, we have a fairly regional presence in the NW right now, but are growing rapidly. The general marketplace is responding well to our "Handmade in America" line of boards. We have production boards that sell through distributors and also build custom based on what the rider is looking for. Feel free to drop us a line directly for more information or to figure out how to get a demo put together.

Bryce
Bryce@day1wake.com

Aric'sX15
09-10-2013, 03:13 PM
so what is day1wake?

Traxx822
09-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Nice talking to you on the phone Bryce. Sounds like i'll soon put a Day 1 in my quiver. Pretty stoked.

BMcD
09-10-2013, 09:14 PM
Hey Traxx - good talking to you as well. We can't wait to get the board built and out to you. It will be awesome to have product in Chicago!

Aric'sX15 - we are a wakesurf manufacturer based in Washington state. We produce hand-made wakesurfers sold through ou retail distributors and custom build for those that want something more unique and dialed to their riding style. Every board we sell is made right here in the U.S.

You can check out Day1 (http://www.day1wake.com)products at www.Day1Wake.com, or feel free to drop us a line.

Keep on ridin'!

Bryce
Bryce@day1wake.com

WackFlip
09-11-2013, 09:40 AM
Awesome pick you guys! I had a chance to surf with Parker in San Angelo on the EWT Stop. Ripper! He's got a bright future ahead of him. Good luck Day 1! You guys going to make it out to Vegas for Worlds?

BMcD
09-11-2013, 10:46 AM
Hey WackFlip,

Thanks for the shout. We won't be at World's in a formal capacity as we will be getting ready for a fairly big "event" the following week (announcement to be released later this week). That said, Trevor Miller and Parker Payne will be at World's competing in their respective divisions. They would be happy to talk about their boards, Day1, the products, and answer any questions. Parker will also be on his new "Payne Killer".

Good luck to everyone heading to Worlds!

WackFlip
09-11-2013, 10:51 AM
I wish you guys the best. I love the sport. My name is Brock from Doomswell. Lets grow this sport! Pumped! Wish I could meet you guys at Worlds! I'm sure we will meet in the future! Congrats on Parker again! Good kid and great pick!

Traxx822
09-11-2013, 11:02 AM
I wish you guys the best. I love the sport. My name is Brock from Doomswell. Lets grow this sport! Pumped! Wish I could meet you guys at Worlds! I'm sure we will meet in the future! Congrats on Parker again! Good kid and great pick!

Aww **** look who it is. You know there are guys on here that want boards. :D

WackFlip
09-11-2013, 11:06 AM
Lol. That would be sweet!

BMcD
09-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Hey Brock,

All the best to you guys too. The sport and market is growing very well. Feel free to drop us a line any time. We have collaborated with other manufacturers to great success in the past. If I can make it to Worlds I will jump on a plane, but it's not looking too good right now. We will be at the MyWake finals the following week in Reno - I guess I should just head to NV and camp out in that great state for a couple of weeks :)

-Bryce

Traxx822
11-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Big thanks to Bryce @ Day1 Wake. Made it exactly like I wanted

This is a slightly customized version of their Payne Killer board.

4'6", concave, blunt nose, blue/white Agenda surf pad.

I kept this board clean. Just white with a new age carbon stringer you can see on the bottom.

Opened the box and inside was 1 severely protected board, 2 men's shirts and 1 pink for my wife, couple of stickers, futures F4 fins and a futures key.

Call Bryce if you want to know what I paid.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

scott023
11-21-2013, 02:26 PM
Very cool.

Aric'sX15
11-26-2013, 11:00 AM
Does any one custom make skim style? No hate on surf style but I don't like how they feel.

Traxx822
11-26-2013, 11:09 AM
Does any one custom make skim style? No hate on surf style but I don't like how they feel.

You can check out Victoria Skim Boards. They can make them custom. Also, Cove Wakesurfing can make some pretty sweet skims.

Just for reference, what surf style boards have you rode?

scott023
11-26-2013, 11:28 AM

I'm sure the Walker Project can or could make one for you.

TN X-45
11-26-2013, 11:47 AM
+1 on Victoria boards.....

mwg
11-26-2013, 11:57 AM
I would like to give a big thumbs up to Bryce & Day 1 Wake. I picked up a board from him last Christmas as a last minute present for myself.. he was very informative and great to work with. I'm planning to have him build me one to match our boat in the spring.

If anyone is looking to demo a Day 1 Skitzo in south Louisiana give me a shout...

BMcD
11-26-2013, 12:00 PM
Hey TT,

We at Day1 Wake will be prototyping our custom skim boards through the winter. They will likely use stronger foam (to avoid buckling) and be reinforced with a slightly heavier glass schedule or carbon stringer. We will be sure to keep you updated out here. Once we give them a test ride and have video available, I will be sure to provide additional info for all of those super early adopters out there.

If you have questions, feel free to drop me a line!

Bryce
Day1 Wake (http://www.day1wake.com)

Aric'sX15
11-26-2013, 12:02 PM
You can check out Victoria Skim Boards. They can make them custom. Also, Cove Wakesurfing can make some pretty sweet skims.

Just for reference, what surf style boards have you rode?

i ride a phase 5 prop at the moment. i also have the LF custom 4'10 which i hate with a burn in passion!!!

BMcD
11-26-2013, 12:09 PM
Hey Traxx / MWG,

Thanks for the shout and support. We truly aim to exceed expectations and move the sport ahead. We are always happy to answer any questions we can, even if it doesn't result in a sale coming or way. We just love to see the progression and growth of the sport all around.

Hope everyone has a happy and safe Turkey-day. Does anyone else plan on doing some Black Friday riding? Time to dust off or drysuits at Day1 and get in the water :)

BMcD
01-31-2014, 12:08 AM
Hey TT,

More on the Parker Payne front, here is a link to his latest video.
http://vimeo.com/84722577

While we at Day1 (http://www.day1wake.com)can't take credit for the video itself, we would like to believe we have had a little bit to do with Parker's progression over the last 8 months.

Aside from promoting our rider and product, we truly feel that this video (and others to come like it) really help push the sport forward and make it more mainstream.

We are really looking forward to a great 2014 season and the growth in the industry.

Enjoy!

scott023
01-31-2014, 12:57 AM
Great vid. Kid can rip. Thanks for sharing Bryce.

Aric'sX15
01-31-2014, 01:35 AM
wow that kid shreds! would like to get my hands on one of those boards. hard to stray from my phase 5 though.

Traxx822
01-31-2014, 08:04 AM
AHHHH, I wanna ride my Payne Killer :cool:

scott023
01-31-2014, 08:08 AM
AHHHH, I wanna ride my Payne Killer :cool:

Me too!!

Traxx822
01-31-2014, 08:18 AM
Me too!!

Did you order one?

scott023
01-31-2014, 09:44 AM
Did you order one?

I sure did.

Aric'sX15
01-31-2014, 04:31 PM
Those are some sick boards!

scott023
01-31-2014, 05:34 PM
Can't wait to ride move.

parkerpaynesurf
01-31-2014, 10:08 PM
Scott and Traxx - glad you picked up a Payne Killer from Day1! Let me know if you make it to Texas. We'll surf!

Parker

www.parkerpayne.com

scott023
01-31-2014, 10:45 PM
Scott and Traxx - glad you picked up a Payne Killer from Day1! Let me know if you make it to Texas. We'll surf!

Parker

www.parkerpayne.com

I might have to take you up on that, if I'm ever in Texas. :D

BMcD
01-31-2014, 11:24 PM
TT,

Thanks all for your nice words about the boards - Thanks Parker for a great vid and jumping in with an offer to ride, good stuff for the sport.

Up next is an offer we just released tonight - our special edition Day1 (http://www.day1wake.com) 12th man board in honor of our Seattle Seahawks making the Superbowl.

www.day1wake.com/12thman (http://www.day1wake.com/12thman)

All proceeds will go to the United Way - the partner charity of the Seahawks. I am sure there are many Broncos fans on TT, but we gotta support our home team!

For more info feel free to shoot me a message or give us a call: 206.280.6223

Go Hawks!

scott023
02-01-2014, 01:25 AM
Great idea Bryce. You hit the colors right on the head.

Traxx822
02-01-2014, 08:04 AM
Yup, Great idea for a great charity.

Parker, next time I'm in Houston or Dallas; we will make that happen. ;)

Scott, thats a nice stick, cool design.

scott023
02-01-2014, 08:51 AM
Yup, Great idea for a great charity.

Parker, next time I'm in Houston or Dallas; we will make that happen. ;)

Scott, thats a nice stick, cool design.

Thanks!! I'm stoked for it.

scott023
03-06-2014, 08:55 AM
Hey good boy and good mood!

Right. :confused:

bhanson
03-06-2014, 05:00 PM
Very nice !!! Progression is crazy and can't wait to see what this kid is doing in a few years.

Consistent 3's (even a 720), solid airs and slashes, surface 180 to backside, air 180 with complete control, and his bottom turn is waaayyyyy out there. I don't run "in that circle" but did meet a bunch of the touring pros at EWT in CO last year, and I suspect that ENTIRE crew (Dominic Lagace, James Lovett, Chris Kinsey, Ashley Kidd, etc) would give this kid huge props.

jj4smith
03-13-2014, 08:54 AM
I sure did.

Scott023, I'm thinking about ordering a Day1 board. I'm not sure if I wanna go with a twin fin setup or a quad fin. Why did you pick the quad fin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scott023
03-13-2014, 10:09 AM
Scott023, I'm thinking about ordering a Day1 board. I'm not sure if I wanna go with a twin fin setup or a quad fin. Why did you pick the quad fin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For options sake with the kids and wife. Bryce swears we won't need them, and I trust that. So I guess there really is no need for the quads...

craig3972
03-13-2014, 10:46 AM

This coming from the guy with over 10k posts. Scott there isnt a thread you havent made a comment on.

scott023
03-13-2014, 10:55 AM
This coming from the guy with over 10k posts. Scott there isnt a thread you havent made a comment on.

And???

Seldom, if ever, do I try to make negative comments towards people. There are many members on here that I have known for a long time, and we joking try to push each others buttons. I certainly don't bash a company and the skills of the 13yr old kid they just signed to represent them.

craig3972
03-13-2014, 11:01 AM
and?? ... it's embarassing to the rest of us up here in Canada.

scott023
03-13-2014, 11:02 AM

LMBO. Glad you speak for Canada now Craig. :rolleyes:

Traxx822
03-13-2014, 11:42 AM

Canada Fight!!!

Traxx822
03-13-2014, 11:45 AM
If anyone around Chicago wants to test ride the new Day 1 Wake, Payne Killer, PM me & bring gas money.

Aric'sX15
03-13-2014, 12:51 PM
Do the right thing Canadians....

scott023
04-08-2014, 11:47 PM
Just picked up this big news off the Alliance wakesurf site. Signing a two time reigning worlds champion had to be a huge boost!

Raleigh Hager signs with DAY1 Wake

DAY1 Wake is very pleased to announce the addition of reigning 2-time Women’s World Champion Raleigh Hager to their 2014 Wakesurf Team. In the last few years Raleigh has captured the minds and hearts of wakesurfing fans and competitors alike. Working with Raleigh during the off-season, DAY1 Wake was able to dial in a winning board design while familiarizing the Hager family with their brand and philosophy that motivates people to improve on a daily basis. DAY Wake is honored to contribute to Raleigh’s future success as an accomplished athlete, on and off the water.“Over the last year we have focused on growing the awareness of the sport, advancing our board designs, and solidifying our team. The addition of Raleigh is really a capstone to this effort that allows the company, team, and the larger community of riders to continue moving in a very positive direction – pushing our potential on a daily basis,” says Bryce McDonald, co-founder of DAY1 Wake.“I tried out several boards before making my decision, and I chose Day 1 because their board allowed me to ride my best. It’s fast, loose and allows me to get big airs. Bryce and Jonathan are really nice too.” said Raleigh Hager.2014 started strong with Raleigh’s first win of the season at the Supreme Wakesurf Championship on her DAY1 Wake pro-model board the “Phenom.” The Phenom will be available for purchase in early May.

Traxx822
04-13-2014, 07:14 AM
Miss Hager is a monster behind the boat.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

BMcD
04-16-2014, 01:25 PM
Hey TT,

Thanks for the comments, I am sure Raleigh appreciates them. Here are a couple shots from last weekend on her signature "Phenom" board. She goes big! Really fun to see... and of course we are honored that she joined with us.

-Bryce

Day1 (http://www.day1wake.com) Wake
Bryce@day1wake.com

Ubugme2
04-17-2014, 09:03 AM
COOL! Love that i have got to watch her that last few years at all the comps growing as a wakesurfer! Good People!

Traxx822
04-17-2014, 09:06 AM
COOL! Love that i have got to watch her that last few years at all the comps growing as a wakesurfer! Good People!

I saw you post about world's events. You down in the SW? I might be making it to the Lake Anne Va event and the Lake Minnetonka Mn 10000 lakes event.

What events were you making it to again. World's Vegas and where else?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Ubugme2
04-17-2014, 11:08 AM
10k is sold out. I wanted to go also. . I am in Kansas.
I want to hit the Callaway Gardens, GA event.

10k would have been my first pick tho.

Ubugme2
04-17-2014, 11:10 AM
http://nwwsa.org/

This is a good one in seattle as well. Ranks up there with the 10k lakes event.