PDA

View Full Version : Question for Denver area skiers

ski36short
10-18-2005, 03:30 PM
Every time I'm out here I've always wondered... Is the guy that owns all of the "Shortline" car dealerships a slalom skier or what? I couldn't think of another reason to call a business by that name - FWIW. I saw several cars with that badge on it last night and I thought someone here MUST know!

skisix@38
10-18-2005, 03:42 PM
Every time I'm out here I've always wondered... Is the guy that owns all of the "Shortline" car dealerships a slalom skier or what? I couldn't think of another reason to call a business by that name - FWIW. I saw several cars with that badge on it last night and I thought someone here MUST know!

He is a shortline skier. He is a strong advocate of skiing and sponser many tournaments every year. He is a great guy and skis on and owns part of the lake I ski on. He had an infinity(boat, not car) dealership for awhile

ski36short
10-18-2005, 05:36 PM
Thanx - I figured you would be the one to know. Good to hear there are people out there supporting tournament skiing. If I take that $340 mill Powerball back home I think I could find it in my heart to do the same! :D

skisix@38
10-19-2005, 09:06 AM
Thanx - I figured you would be the one to know. Good to hear there are people out there supporting tournament skiing. If I take that $340 mill Powerball back home I think I could find it in my heart to do the same! :D

Next time your out here let me know and bring your ski! We are still going strong.

ski36short
10-19-2005, 09:52 PM
Thanx for the offer! It was beautiful this week. Now I'm back home where it's time to yank the boat and winterize it. It's always some kind of ski season out there so I'll try to come prepared next time (probably January to catch some snow)!