PDA

View Full Version : Well, there goes another high school season

milkmania
09-03-2013, 04:13 PM
:(

During Pre-Season Football PRACTICE.... son went up to catch a pass.... there was a pile up under him, he came down on someone's leg.... that person pulled their leg out from under him and he rolled his ankle.

Had it looked at by local doctor, she ordered x-rays... couple days later, they said no fractures.
Son's knee surgeon from 2011 has seen the pictures and he wants to have a look at it.

Maybe I'll get to see him in an opening game in his Junior Year!
Freshman & Sophomore years were a no show!:rolleyes:

thatsmrmastercraft
09-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Of all the bad luck.....:rant:

CantRepeat
09-03-2013, 04:26 PM
That sucks balls.

I rolled my ankle in a racquetball tournament when I was in Korea. I swear I would have been better off breaking the damn thing.

I assume you were told to cycle heat and cold every 30 minutes for the first 24-48 hours. Hopefully it wont be too bad of a recovery for him.

mlawler34
09-03-2013, 05:08 PM
If its not fractured he will be back in no time. I do not have enough fingers to count how many times i rolled my ankles in high school. Had a great trainer and before and after practice we did everything we needed to get the swelling down and strengthen it. If i had rolled it on Tuesday I was back int he starting lineup for Fridays game.

Willski
09-03-2013, 05:22 PM
Ouch. That is some nasty swelling! Get well soon to him.

jk13
09-03-2013, 05:55 PM
If its not fractured he will be back in no time. I do not have enough fingers to count how many times i rolled my ankles in high school. Had a great trainer and before and after practice we did everything we needed to get the swelling down and strengthen it. If i had rolled it on Tuesday I was back int he starting lineup for Fridays game.

Wish I had your trainer in HS. Missed 6 weeks of soccer senior year because of a rolled sprain--even with ultrasound and physical therapy. Didn't look quite as bad as milk's kid's (mine was more of a baseball under the skin on top of the tendon).

Milk-best of luck to your kid. Sorry to hear. Keep his chin up.

76S&S
09-04-2013, 09:02 AM
I feel your pain.

My son tore his ACL in the first game of his freshman year. Tore it again 4 weeks before the first game of what is now his senior year. His surgeon has ok'd him to play with a knee brace though because his legs are so strong. Monday another player rolled up on his knee during practice. He'
ll probably set out this Friday night.