PDA

View Full Version : Tool box in the boat?

jallen317
09-02-2013, 09:00 PM
Does anyone keep a tool box on the boat? If so what tools would you never leave without having them on board?

mikeg205
09-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Duct Tape... ;)

a couple o' threads on this.. ;)

sp00ky
09-02-2013, 09:15 PM
The best waterproof toolbox is an ammo box from an army surplus store.

Skir68
09-02-2013, 09:52 PM
we have a plastic ziplock bag with vice grips and duct tape, knife, spare belt.

FrankSchwab
09-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Set of screwdrivers, set of sockets, allen wrenches, couple of crescent wrenches, couple sizes of vise grips, wire crimping tool/bag of crimps/small roll of wire, two quarts of oil, roll of duct tape, roll of paper towels, jumper cables, Spare belt, last year's impeller and a gasket. I don't think I'd leave any of them behind.

Tristarboarder
09-02-2013, 10:52 PM
I always have a dedicated tool box onboard, along with an extra alt belt, duct tape, extra oil, a flashlight, airhorn, flare gun......and sometimes I bring along another full tool tote, complete with tons of sockets, ratchets, and various drivers.....i like to be prepared, what can I say? It has been very useful a handful of times...it sucks being stuck out on the water...

Rossterman
09-02-2013, 11:31 PM
$50 Stanley toolset, impeller, v,belt, spare prop, puller, and nut, face mask, duct tape,electrical tape, spare fuses, air horn, etc

gweaver
09-02-2013, 11:39 PM
I keep a set of sockets, a phillips and flat head screwdriver, Allen wrenches, pliers, channel locks, cutters, picks, knife and a few other things. Spares include impeller, hose clamps, oil, trans fluid. If I can't fix it with those tools, I don't want to be on the water.
G

bbymgr
09-02-2013, 11:43 PM
Throw a few big pieces of white chalk in there too. It helps to keep any tools from collecting moisture and rusting.

catf7snopro
09-02-2013, 11:48 PM
So u are saying don't buy it their junk pertty much

Mark rsa2au
09-03-2013, 05:17 AM
I have to take it all. The entire tool box has to come with to keep it running. Spares include a full range of sensors, impeller duct tape, plugs, injectors, belt, spare electrical wire and tape. Keep it all in the boot of the car as we don't stray too far from base incase the motor fails again / when it fails again!!

GoneBoatN
09-03-2013, 01:09 PM
I keep a separate small tool box. When finished doing something on the boat/trailer I put the tool I used into that tool box. Every once and a while I find it getting a bit cramped so I go through and eliminate duplicates or unnecessary things. I find that this keeps me to a relatively compact set of tools that I feel I would be able to accomplish just about anything that I would be able to do at home anyways. Since I've been doing this for a couple of years now, I plan to buy a second set of those tools so that I can put the originals back into the main tool box in the garage. This way I can just leave the tool box in the boat now that the boat is stored next to the water and is some distance from home.

pbgbottle
09-04-2013, 09:01 PM
all of the above tools and bits mentioned in this thread
also points condenser ,cap ,rotor,coil ,spark plugs ,spare drain plug ,silicone
i missed on the duck tape i'll have to add that

04redxstar
09-23-2013, 11:01 PM
Iv gone a little overboard i have a full portable set for just the boat now. I also carry a spare impeller and belt.