PDA

View Full Version : water in oil

JayBrown
09-01-2013, 08:46 PM
So I found out my fuel pump was shot and when I tok off the motor there was like a gravy oil so I poped off the vale covers and it was full of thick water oil. Any idea where this would come into the motor?

CantRepeat
09-01-2013, 09:32 PM
I would think a head gasket or leaking riser gaskets letting water run back into an open exhaust valve.

I would run a compression and leak down test.

Greenwood87
09-01-2013, 09:36 PM
So I found out my fuel pump was shot and when I tok off the motor there was like a gravy oil so I poped off the vale covers and it was full of thick water oil. Any idea where this would come into the motor?

Ok, it's either head gaskets, intake gaskets, riser gaskets, cracked exhaust manifolds. Have you drained your oil? If there is water when u drain the oil (you will know because water will be the first thing that comes out). I would do a compression test on all cylinders to rule out head gaskets. How many hours are on the boat? Has it ever overheated?

JayBrown
09-01-2013, 10:13 PM
It has a new motor in it about 10hours on it. I drained the oil and it was milky like gravy. Do the rubber flaps covering the exhust holes ned to be covered at all times? Mine sit out a bit and I m hoping just the water went up the exhust.

soacj
09-01-2013, 10:18 PM
Do the rubber flaps covering the exhust holes ned to be covered at all times? Mine sit out a bit and I m hoping just the water went up the exhust.

The exhaust flappers simply keep water from surging up the exhaust when stopping or reversing. They're not water tight.

Greenwood87
09-01-2013, 10:42 PM
It has a new motor in it about 10hours on it. I drained the oil and it was milky like gravy. Do the rubber flaps covering the exhust holes ned to be covered at all times? Mine sit out a bit and I m hoping just the water went up the exhust.

So are the other parts new (exhaust manifolds, hoses etc.)?

JayBrown
09-02-2013, 08:33 AM
As far as I kmow they are I bught it off my uncle and he had it rebuilt and it sat for 4 years then I bought it. I checked all the bolts and they are all tight. I did hqve the boat full of water and I tightend the oil pan up so maybe it seaped in through there?

sand2snow22
09-02-2013, 10:46 AM
cracked block?