PDA

View Full Version : I need HELP

CC2MC
08-31-2013, 12:26 AM
I just installed the PP on my 21 VRS tonight without a hitch, except for the incorrect direct wire harness that PP sent me that is for the Stargazer instead of my Pro model, which should have the paddle wheel cable but doesn't. The boat is still on the trailer and after the install, I powered everything on to make sure everything came up correctly, which it did. After playing with it for a couple of minutes, something just beeped and the check engine light came on. I have done nothing past installing PP and thought that it may be bc of the direct wire harness. A TT member advised me that I would get a double signal if I did not disconnect the brown wire from the MC side of the harness. I did not disconnect the brown wire, so to figure out if that was causing the issue, I unplugged the PP altogether. The check engine light still came on. Does the CE light need to be reset before it can go off and stay off? If so, how is this done? I did read on a later model X2 that it requires 3 complete cycles of warm up and cool down. Is this correct? I really need to find out what is causing the issue in the first place and outside PP, there is nothing out of the ordinary I can think that it would be.

We will have company all weekend so I cannot be without a boat. Thanks for the help.

mikeg205
08-31-2013, 08:54 AM
Yes, there's a code in the ECU - I believe the that sequence of 3 cycles will clear codes based on what I have read here.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=55838&highlight=paper+clip

Get the code at least -

CC2MC
09-02-2013, 09:19 PM
Thanks Mike. Thankfully, the code cleared itself out and everything worked just fine.

mikeg205
09-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Thanks Mike. Thankfully, the code cleared itself out and everything worked just fine.

Awesome!!!