PDA

View Full Version : Need upholstery help in TN

BigKidd1986
08-27-2013, 02:39 PM
need a good upholstery guy Close to Nashville ,TN? First boat, first Mastercraft!! lots of work to DO!

JMLVMI
08-27-2013, 03:02 PM
THE vinyl shop (according to guys on here) Viper Customs is located in Maryville, TN. They are very good, but they get busy and aren't cheap.

Ski-me
08-27-2013, 03:35 PM
Yea, you have the nice shop in your back yard. A lot of folks from across the US take their interior panels, cushions, etc and send them to Viper. They really do nice work. Expore around this site and you'll see some great work. A lot are going with the newer material that's offered on the current MC models....sharp!

02ProstarSammyD
08-27-2013, 03:43 PM
its a seasonal thing with them for what I've heard. I sent my stuff like jan and had it back 2 1/2 weeks later. Work was great and at a good price that beat every local place I talked to. The summer evidently congests them like crazy. For a winter project they can't be beat.

76S&S
08-27-2013, 05:06 PM
I would wait another month or two and then take it to Viper, when their work will be slowing down.

mikeg205
08-27-2013, 05:31 PM
need a good upholstery guy Close to Nashville ,TN? First boat, first Mastercraft!! lots of work to DO!

Uhhhh... what is that on the floor? :confused:

Cloaked
08-27-2013, 05:44 PM
THE vinyl shop (according to guys on here) Viper Customs is located in Maryville, TN. They are very good, but they get busy and aren't cheap.After my ongoing saga with the owner Jim Jackson and his lack of willingness to be honest and follow up on his word, I do not recommend Viper Customs for anything. I do not like unreliable and forked-tongue people when they promise week-in and week-out, to get something done for me and to call me when the work is completed. He will tell you a fib before the good Lord himself can get the news.

Jackson is not a seasonal fibber either.. It's year-round from my experiences.

This guy does good work and is in close proximity of Knoxville, TN:
NEW SKINS ...
Jim Friant - "Upholstery Guy"
(865) 995 0607 Hm Leave a message
(865) 679 2246 Cell (up to 9PM EST)
friant9@aol.com

jgraham37128
08-27-2013, 07:22 PM
I would do Viper. Send them in November and ask if you can have back by the end of the year. If he says yea you're good to go as long as he's not three months late you'll be just fine! :)

I have heard a few bad experiences but also great one's and when i see his work on facebook I don't personally see anyone else's interior come out looking that well. When you go to sell a used boat people look at the interior more than any other part!

madcityskier
08-27-2013, 08:20 PM
I've known two people who used Viper. Both were more than satisfied, going down from Wisconsin. Prices were considerably lower than local. Notably, both had plenty of time available.

Cloaked
08-27-2013, 08:36 PM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=55115

atlfootr
08-27-2013, 08:55 PM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=55115
Cloaked,
Thanks for sending our new guy my buddy's name, now why in the hell would you steal my signature tag :rolleyes:

BG1772
08-27-2013, 09:21 PM
I used viper customs for the new interior in my x-star last year. They did a fantastic job. I sent the skins to them in late October and had the new ones back on about 3 weeks. I do have to say that Jimmy it's not the greatest at returning calls or email, but I really didn't have any issues.

JohnnyB
08-27-2013, 09:46 PM
After my ongoing saga with the owner Jim Jackson and his lack of willingness to be honest and follow up on his word, I do not recommend Viper Customs for anything. I do not like unreliable and forked-tongue people when they promise week-in and week-out, to get something done for me and to call me when the work is completed. He will tell you a fib before the good Lord himself can get the news.

Jackson is not a seasonal fibber either.. It's year-round from my experiences.

This guy does good work and is in close proximity of Knoxville, TN:
NEW SKINS ...
Jim Friant - "Upholstery Guy"
(865) 995 0607 Hm Leave a message
(865) 679 2246 Cell (up to 9PM EST)
friant9@aol.com

Sent my skins to Jim at xmas and got em back early spring....nice work, good match w existing, fair price

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

JohnE
08-27-2013, 10:21 PM
Cloaked,
Thanks for sending our new guy my buddy's name, now why in the hell would you steal my signature tag :rolleyes:

I though you had his login

TNH2oSkier
08-27-2013, 10:59 PM
Drag it over to Viper's at the end of the season. You wont be sorry.

mxhideout
08-28-2013, 12:15 AM
I sent my '91 prostar skins to Jim the "Upholstery" guy the first week of March because he is said to do good work and is fairly inexpensive. Well, it's almost September and they still haven't arrived. I called him back in May, I believe, and he said they would be done that week and he'll ship them out Monday... Trying to be patient, I wait. August rolls around so I give him another call. He answers and says they're packaged and will ship out the next Monday... Still nothing. Oh well, at least the only money I've lost so far is for shipping. He seems like a nice guy, but I wish he would just communicate a little better and be honest when he says he'll ship it.

Patsfan
09-01-2013, 01:11 PM
Also check with Infiniti- Fabrications in Loudon. Formally Leading Edge. Lenny worked in P.D.and E at MC. He does the work himself.
Get with him now to avoid the fall winter rush. They only do custom work in the fall winter due to production commitments during the summer months.
865-408-1900

Cloaked
09-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Also check with Infiniti- Fabrications in Loudon. Formally Leading Edge. Lenny worked in P.D.and E at MC. He does the work himself.
Get with him now to avoid the fall winter rush. They only do custom work in the fall winter due to production commitments during the summer months.
865-408-1900
Thanks. I have heard good feedback about Lenny's work. Great prices and excellent products from what a friend told me about his experience with Lenny.

http://infiniti-fab.biz/