PDA

View Full Version : "Can't Register for Team Talk"

east tx skier
10-17-2005, 07:41 PM
I just got a PM from a guy who says he's tried 4 times to register for Team Talk with no results.

TTAdmin, is there a bug in the software?

Ric
10-17-2005, 07:47 PM
I just got a PM from a guy who says he's tried 4 times to register for Team Talk with no results.

TTAdmin, is there a bug in the software?
ok I must know....
how can he pm you if he cannot register??

east tx skier
10-17-2005, 07:51 PM
Believe me, the thought crossed my mind. It's been a while since I registered though and apparently, that big number by my handle makes it look like I'm the kinda guy who can get things done. Now you and I know that's not the case. But I figured there was no harm in mentioning it. Worst case scenario, Admin comes over the loud speaker and says, "Core temperature normal. Everything is super."

PointTaken
10-17-2005, 08:09 PM
ok I must know....
Ric, that is one smart dog in your avatar, good thinking. :wavey: Don't the PMs come in with a from :confused: Enquiring minds want to know.

PendO
10-17-2005, 08:30 PM
Believe me, the thought crossed my mind. It's been a while since I registered though and apparently, that big number by my handle makes it look like I'm the kinda guy who can get things done. Now you and I know that's not the case. But I figured there was no harm in mentioning it. Worst case scenario, Admin comes over the loud speaker and says, "Core temperature normal. Everything is super."

Eastie ... I think you ought to get an admin title with all those posts ... you could keep tabs on a new F.A.Q. section, like that post you already started ... just my 2 cents, of course, you would continue to recieve the same compensation package :smile:

east tx skier
10-18-2005, 11:25 AM
We shall see.

BUMP. Admin, is it a YP or an HP?

M-Funf
10-18-2005, 11:46 AM
Here's a strange question...who ARE the moderators???

Is it only TTadmin and TMC???

If so, they may want to deputize some other moderators. It seems that they are rarely here. I noticed that ttadmin only has about 280 posts, and TMC even less.

There are far more active members of this forum who could easily moderate the forum and get things in order...

:confused:

BriEOD
10-18-2005, 11:48 AM
that big number by my handle makes it look like I'm the kinda guy who can get things done.
:D LMAO!!!!!

ski_king
10-18-2005, 11:54 AM

If so, they may want to deputize some other moderators. It seems that they are rarely here. I noticed that ttadmin only has about 280 posts, and TMC even less.

There are far more active members of this forum who could easily moderate the forum and get things in order...

Also JimN and I believe LeeC was one when he was active as well.

erkoehler
10-18-2005, 11:55 AM

Other than the rare issue such as the one mentioned on this thread, I don't believe that there is a need for more moderators, and I don't think anything is that out of order. :confused:

east tx skier
10-18-2005, 02:28 PM
That'll be enough out of you, Erk. ;)

Ric
10-18-2005, 06:07 PM
That'll be enough out of you, Erk. ;)
eastie the moderator :noface: you sellout!

stump
10-18-2005, 06:22 PM
ok I must know....
Hello, I'm up and running now, so thanks to all. As far as why I was able to PM without being able to post, who knows? I do know that I was granted certain privileges when I registered (such as PMing) but denied others such as posting and viewing images posted in threads. There seems to be a difference between being registered and getting "activated". Oh well, I'm activated now and looking forward to learning alot.

Ric
10-18-2005, 06:25 PM
Hello, I'm up and running now, so thanks to all. As far as why I was able to PM without being able to post, who knows? I do know that I was granted certain privileges when I registered (such as PMing) but denied others such as posting and viewing images posted in threads. There seems to be a difference between being registered and getting "activated". Oh well, I'm activated now and looking forward to learning alot.
welcome
that is definitely something I did not know

PointTaken
10-18-2005, 06:45 PM
Welcome. You definately contacted the right guy for help. Way to go East :)

stump
10-18-2005, 06:54 PM
Welcome. You definately contacted the right guy for help. Way to go East :)
Just a note to clarify that I'm not some nutbar stalking "big posters": I tried to PM TTadmin awhile ago with no response, so I figured I'd try eastTx as he seems fairly active around here.......... Great to be here!

PointTaken
10-18-2005, 06:58 PM
Just a note to clarify that I'm not some nutbar stalking "big posters": I tried to PM TTadmin awhile ago with no response, so I figured I'd try eastTx as he seems fairly active around here.......... Great to be here!
No clarification necessary. Welcome.

André
10-18-2005, 07:43 PM
Welcome stump!
Where are you in the Prairies ?

PendO
10-18-2005, 07:49 PM
I still want that Damn Camera Icon! :moon: Whomever is the admin ...

André
10-18-2005, 07:52 PM
I still want that Damn Camera Icon! :moon: Whomever is the admin ...
Take mine Pendo,i have one but no pics in my gallery...??? :confused:

Ric
10-18-2005, 08:12 PM
stump, do you do any trailer welding?

stump
10-18-2005, 08:19 PM
Welcome stump!
Where are you in the Prairies ?
Good evening, my fellow canuck!
We're just south of Winnipeg, and we spend alot of time east of here in cottage country, hence my MC desire.
Go Habs!!!

stump
10-18-2005, 08:21 PM
stump, do you do any trailer welding?
Not in my present life........ Am I missing something here??

Ric
10-19-2005, 10:04 AM
Not in my present life........ Am I missing something here??
naah I had you confused with somebody else :confused:

wood-peddler
10-19-2005, 10:44 AM
I finally got regestered - using a second computer must have been a firewall conflict. Can't keep a good man out.

Rich

André
10-19-2005, 06:41 PM
What ? 8 hours later and nobody Welcome the guy yet ?
Where are your good manors guys?
Welcome wood-peddler !!!

Ric
10-19-2005, 06:58 PM
Welcome wood-peddler !!!
welcome woody! don't be a one post wonder!!

stump
10-19-2005, 09:12 PM
Welcome wood-peddler !!!
I've only got 8 posts; can I make it 9 and welcome another newbie........? I guess I just did! Welcome Wood-peddler!!
Did you have trouble getting in here as well?

RickDV
10-19-2005, 10:07 PM
Stump - what did you have to do to get it working? My wife wants to set up an account so she can post pics and such and is running into the same problems as you were having. Is there something she needs to do or is it a TTAdmin issue?

TMC
10-19-2005, 10:39 PM
Stump - what did you have to do to get it working? My wife wants to set up an account so she can post pics and such and is running into the same problems as you were having. Is there something she needs to do or is it a TTAdmin issue?

There is an activation process each new member has to go through. It may take a few days.

What is her screen name?

-J

stump
10-19-2005, 11:05 PM
I lost count of my separate registrations, (~4) and I requested activation quite a few times. It wasn't until eastTx skier posted this thread that my activation arrived. Coincidence?? Anyway, just happy to be here.

TMC
10-19-2005, 11:28 PM
Coincidence??

Yes, coincidence...

Ric
10-20-2005, 12:09 AM
TMC, can I assume that the registration process was born out of the hillbilly tptool membership run we had a few months back?

east tx skier
10-20-2005, 10:23 AM
Yes, coincidence...

Sure, coincidence. :rolleyes:

You know I have mysterious powers. :D