PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Mastercraft X2 (White/Navy)

c640947
08-22-2013, 04:45 PM
One owner boat has been babied since new. I am an avid wakeboarder and wake surfer and this boat is optimized for those activities with tons of extra custom ballast. Roughly 2500 lbs at the flip of a couple of switches.

MORE DETAILED PICTURES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST

661 hours. Serviced yearly. Fresh water sprayed and wiped down with spray wax after every use. Paste waxed yearly. All issues addressed and repaired immediately. etc.

Stats / Factory options:
350 MCX engine
1250 lbs factory hard tank ballast
perfect pass digital speed control
navy foldable bimini with cover
board racks
upgraded mirror
4 tower speakers, 2 with forward lights
heater drivre and extendable rear hose
depth finder
teak platform
snap in carpet not pictured because I don''''''''''''''''t use it so it is near new

Options beyond factory:
Ballast: twin 500 lbs sacs integrated in rear, 300 lb integrated U shape under seat bow sac, all quick release fittings for ease of removal,
the bags are included with sale
Stereo: 12 Kicker sub, Pioneer DEH P8400BH Mobile CD Receiver with Built in Bluetooth, HD Radio and MIXTRAX, Memphis audio mono amp for sub, Sony Marine amp for tower speakers, Separate tower and sub level controls
Dual batteries with isolator so stereo will never drain stater battery
side and rear skirts integrated into cover for sun protection
hot water sprayer port side engine compartment
side skirts on cover to protect from sun

Trailer has 4 brand new tires July 2013 on it with a spare.

I have fixed, updated or repaired everything wrong with it recently except:
-helm lights gauges not working. maybe fuse is out. Havent looked into it yet
-KGB ballast has a crack most mid 2000s MCs do and so when filled 100% for the hard tank water will leak until it gets to 75%
-port rear seat vinyl was repaired from stain but it wont last. likely needs new vinyl for that cushion which is prob $350. See pictures.

It has been serviced by the same mechanic for the life of the boat and he can provide references if needed.

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=39625

scott023
08-23-2013, 12:22 AM
Classy looking boat. GLWS

Aric'sX15
08-23-2013, 03:38 PM
What's next?

c640947
08-25-2013, 08:47 PM
Well test drove 2014 XStar and G23 so now just trying to decide.....

clrussell
08-25-2013, 09:15 PM
How does the star drive compared to your x2?

c_craig
08-25-2013, 09:31 PM
More important, how does the Star compare to the G?

c640947
08-25-2013, 09:46 PM
The X2 feels more nimble but I thought the Star felt pretty sporty for a 24 foot boat. The G was more agile than people make it out to be, but def less sporty and agile than the Star.

I could write 10 page write up on Star vs G and may. there is a post on wakeworld that is pretty good and i'd say i mostly agree with it. i am still debating between the two and will probably post after I make a decision. the x46, also a contender, was knocked out due to lack of ability to underseat plumb in enough ballast.... wake was good but not enough room under seats to make it great. sacs in the floor itd be great, but i want to get away from manual sac filling for any activity.

c640947
09-17-2013, 10:01 AM
Sold.

scott023
09-17-2013, 11:43 AM
Sold.

Congrats. Any hints as to which boat you're leaning towards yet?

c640947
09-17-2013, 12:19 PM
Ehhhhh.... no one on this forum wants to hear it.

I spent considerable time with the 2014 X46, XStar and G23. Ill say no one boat had exactly what I wanted. I liked things in each one of them. I mentioned earlier why the X46 lost out. The wakeboard wake wasn't made for me. The Xstar isn't made for a family and I will have 3 kids by next summer. I mean its not bad but not the best out of the three for that. The G's ability to instant surf, no lean, etc + terrific wakeboard wake and tons of room for a lot more ballast were hard to ignore, especially when carrying the family was factored in.

I will however be watching MC closely as I had been an owner of MC for almost 20 years and am sad to leave the brand. Anxious for them to win me back with a new product in the future. I honestly wonder if the X46 had regular rear seating / gunnels and I could put 750s back there if that would have been more of a contender... I liked the X46s seating but just couldnt put enough weight in the boat.

scott023
09-17-2013, 01:25 PM
Sorry to hear that you've had to switch. Hopefully MC will get you back sooner than later. be sure to post up pics of your new ride.

Aric'sX15
09-17-2013, 01:38 PM
I honestly wonder if the X46 had regular rear seating / gunnels and I could put 750s back there if that would have been more of a contender... I liked the X46s seating but just couldnt put enough weight in the boat.

you must have quite the bag of tricks to need that much weight in a 25 foot boat!

c640947
09-17-2013, 02:37 PM
Well its not the bag of tricks. But we ride boats that are heavily weighted and have large wakes (old XStar with 750s in the rear and 400s in the front with 4-5 people, etc) so we are quite used to it. I can certainly land stuff behind that old xstar that i couldnt land behind my boat so right there its worth it. doesnt matter if its a 180 or a moby in my mind.

And the other part of it is riding partners. a lot in my crew are good and really want to ride a bigger wake. As much as I hate to say it I will get more people willing to ride (read: drive. Boat wont drive itself) if I have a top notch wake. sucks but with wife and kids that dont go all that often (or just me and kids going) its no party boat and we are not at the lake all day so the wake quality matters. one of our friends got a moomba and no one will ride in his boat. Why would you when you can get a set behind xstar? so everyone jumps on the xstar. it sounds bad i know but weve got a lot of guys that all ride and a lot of boats to ride behind. if i want to go ride it'll be nice to know many will love the wake and want to go (drive me.)

I liked the X46 wake a lot for wakeboarding but just wasnt as big as other wakes I could get. i could put more bags in the floor or seats but given the new standard is not to HAVE to do that, it narrowed it down to xstar and G23.

c640947
09-17-2013, 02:43 PM
man sounds bad but there's been plenty of sunday mornings i know people are tired from riding the day before and arent excited about my old x2 wake but if xstar was going out theyd make the effort. if i cant find a driver then no riding for me.