PDA

View Full Version : Sleep number beds

bcampbe7
10-17-2005, 02:04 PM
Anyone have one of these beds?
My wife and I decided to stop into one of their stores this weekend. I am loving the 7000 series model.

www.selectcomfort.com

Just curious if anyone owes one, and would like to share their thoughts on the bed.

TMC
10-17-2005, 02:14 PM
My wife and I have one and we love it. First of all, the bed is separated into two chambers so I don't feel her move and vice versa. Second, we didn't have to compromise on a definition of comfortable... she can set hers how she wants and I can set mine. And of course my favorite part is the 20 year warranty which means as long as we take care of this system, we won't have to replace it for a long, long time which makes the additional amount invested in it pay for itself over time. Anyway, I love the bed and would recommend it to anybody over mattresses.

-J

bcampbe7
10-17-2005, 02:25 PM
My wife and I have one and we love it. First of all, the bed is separated into two chambers so I don't feel her move and vice versa. Second, we didn't have to compromise on a definition of comfortable... she can set hers how she wants and I can set mine. And of course my favorite part is the 20 year warranty which means as long as we take care of this system, we won't have to replace it for a long, long time which makes the additional amount invested in it pay for itself over time. Anyway, I love the bed and would recommend it to anybody over mattresses.

-J

Thanks Jason...
I didn't think the price of the bed was too bad. Lower than I expected I guess. I need to find more information about the warranty. It is 20 years but does not include everything. However, if it was 20 years on the major components like pump, controllers, and air bladder, that would be great.

milkmania
10-17-2005, 02:58 PM
I saw a commercial where a large motel chain was using them......
may be a good way for a test drive:confused:

google tells me is Raddison:cool:

Datdude
10-17-2005, 05:15 PM
How much coin for king/queen?? I really like the TempurPedic, but a king is over $2K if I remeber right

maristarman
10-17-2005, 05:18 PM
Depends on which model...

http://www.selectcomfort.com/beds/bed_comparison.cfm?compare=sleepNumber&compare2=both&cmref=QueenHOME

6ballsisall
10-17-2005, 05:18 PM
We looked at those and in the end decided against it. Although i can't remember why. We thought we wanted a temperpedic but did not like the feel of that at all. We ended up with a Stearns & Fosters extreme pillowtop which has a pillowtop thats about 9" thick. We love it! Prior to this I was all about the firm beds but I'll tell you what, since we got this bed over a year ago I sleep better now than I ever have!

costal190
10-17-2005, 06:02 PM
We bought about 4 years ago the 5000 KingSet Pillowtop and have been very pleased wit it so far.

AirJunky
10-17-2005, 06:03 PM
Yep, my wife swears by them. We have a king, a queen & two singles. People love them everytime they come over. I always here Dave's wife squackin at him to quit messing with the pump!

I have lower back problems & their agravated by a soft squishy bed. So the ability to have my side firm & she can have hers set however is nice.

bcampbe7
10-17-2005, 08:11 PM
How much coin for king/queen?? I really like the TempurPedic, but a king is over $2K if I remeber right

The king 7000 was quoted at $3487. The 5000 was $2452.

We looked at those and in the end decided against it. Although i can't remember why. We thought we wanted a temperpedic but did not like the feel of that at all. We ended up with a Stearns & Fosters extreme pillowtop which has a pillowtop thats about 9" thick. We love it! Prior to this I was all about the firm beds but I'll tell you what, since we got this bed over a year ago I sleep better now than I ever have!

I have never heard of this brand of mattress. I am going to google it.

To be honest I have never paid full price for a mattress. My wife's Mom owns a furniture store and we have gotten our last mattreses at cost. The problem is is that she is pretty small and can only get certain mattresses. I am not happy with our latest mattress, it's too soft. We thougth about the Select Comfort because of the adjustibility. Now that I think about it though, is the adjustibility worth an extra $1000-$1500?

PointTaken
10-17-2005, 08:20 PM
The king 7000 was quoted at $3487...
Wow..that is alot of frogs for a mattress. I hope there are extras with that, girls, a years supply of gasoline, something. Yikes!

milkmania
10-17-2005, 08:58 PM
I always here Dave's wife squackin at him to quit messing with the pump!

that's something you don't hear through the walls everyday!http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif