PDA

View Full Version : Salt Fork get together on Labor Day Weekend...Sunday the 1st.

jkski
08-21-2013, 11:06 AM
So, now that we have all participated in another successful Buckeye Bash it is time to see if Mother Nature will smile upon us and allow for another attempt at a Salt Fork Labor Day get together.
So, who would be up for Sunday the 1st at Salt Fork? (weather pending of course).

Double D
08-21-2013, 11:49 AM
So, now that we have all participated in another successful Buckeye Bash it is time to see if Mother Nature will smile upon us and allow for another attempt at a Salt Fork Labor Day get together.
So, who would be up for Sunday the 1st at Salt Fork? (weather pending of course).

The Double D clan is up for that!! Count us in!

Bobbo
08-21-2013, 12:25 PM

I would prefer Sunday. Thanks!

93Prostar190
08-21-2013, 01:19 PM
93Prostar190 and his family is in!

OHIOPRO205
08-21-2013, 02:32 PM
We are seriously considering it. About 2 hours for us. Never been to Salt Fork. Where do you put in?

jkski
08-21-2013, 02:47 PM
It is about a 2 hour haul for most of us but well worth it in my opinion. Depending on which way you are coming in there are a couple of options as to where you put in. For me, I come off of 77 south and get off at exit 54 Kimbolton. Once you exit you simply turn left and pull up the big hill where you will turn right and proceed until you come to the Morning Glory Ramp which is located right beside the dam. Nice ramp with easy highway access. Otherwise you can put in by the cabins but that does require a little bit further of a haul into the heart of the park but again a very nice ramp.
Let me know if you care going to make it and I can always get you better directions or I am sure DD will be along with a GPS map of some sort for you!

Double D
08-21-2013, 02:53 PM
We are seriously considering it. About 2 hours for us. Never been to Salt Fork. Where do you put in?

Ty, we tried to do it last year and got rained out. The year before Rob was there for his first time. We put in at the Morning Glory ramp which is North on 77 a bit. Puts you in a ski area for the morning and then we head to boaters beach. Long shallow beach for hanging out.

Here is a shot from two years ago, and some directions I put together for Rob. Jeff called it!!! Nice work!!

https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=206635921839676857172.00048d8c4325b67997c1 2&msa=0

OHIOPRO205
08-21-2013, 05:12 PM
Looks like a great time. Really easy to get to. Trying to get my wife better so she can go as well. Thanks for the responses.

zsqure
08-21-2013, 06:53 PM
Another party? We're in! Any day works out for us.

jkski
08-26-2013, 12:35 PM
OK, so it is set for Sunday at Salt Fork and while I can't speak for others, I plan to arrive no later than 8am and launch from the Morning Glory ramp. At some point we will head down to the boaters beach, my guess would be for lunch.
Keep us all posted on your plans and I look forward to seeing everyone on the water....so far the weather looks good!

Double D
08-26-2013, 03:01 PM
OK, so it is set for Sunday at Salt Fork and while I can't speak for others, I plan to arrive no later than 8am and launch from the Morning Glory ramp. At some point we will head down to the boaters beach, my guess would be for lunch.
Keep us all posted on your plans and I look forward to seeing everyone on the water....so far the weather looks good!

Yep, we typically head over to boaters beach to eat lunch and hang out from that point on. Besides, that's when the lake is somewhat unusable for us spoiled skiers.

I will implant the 8:00 arrival time into the brains of my crew and do my best to push for that. No guarantees....

For any newbies, here is a link to a map that shows the important areas, just in case your not sure where things are at. Let me know if it doesn't work.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zNDUmX5HmdnU.k_ygGcgwtKCo

zsqure
08-26-2013, 06:30 PM
I will implant the 8:00 arrival time into the brains of my crew and do my best to push for that. No guarantees....

I know I'll get flack from the early time. Maybe the womens will come down together once they have shaken the cobwebs out of their heads.:D Peace and quiet for a bit....Hmmm.:D

Double D
08-26-2013, 07:39 PM
I know I'll get flack from the early time. Maybe the womens will come down together once they have shaken the cobwebs out of their heads.:D Peace and quiet for a bit....Hmmm.:D

I'm considering that option.

jkski
08-28-2013, 10:00 AM
The weekend is drawing closer and from the weather report I chose to look at it appears things are looking good for Sunday at Salt Fork. Looking forward to seeing everyone who can make it.

93Prostar190
08-28-2013, 10:06 AM
Rumour has it that the sweetest looking 214 on the water is arriving around 8:00 am at Morning Glory dock ...... really looking forward to it!

jkski
08-28-2013, 10:19 AM
Rumour has it that the sweetest looking 214 on the water is arriving around 8:00 am at Morning Glory dock ...... really looking forward to it!

Funny, because I heard a rumor that the hottest looking and performing 197 ever built was arriving at the same time.........wonder if there will be enough room in the parking lot for all of this awesomeness!!!
Maybe we will finally get to actually ski together!

Double D
08-28-2013, 10:25 AM
Funny, because I heard a rumor that the hottest looking and performing 197 ever built was arriving at the same time.........wonder if there will be enough room in the parking lot for all of this awesomeness!!!
Maybe we will finally get to actually ski together!

Wow, not sure I can handle all that awesomeness at one time. I better wait a half hour or so you guys will be clear of the ramp and us simple 205's, 209's and 206's, and an x10 can silently put in... At least I hope all that talent will be there.

jkski
08-28-2013, 10:29 AM
No worries, we will make sure you have some space and will welcome you into our secret society!

zsqure
08-28-2013, 10:13 PM
Wax on Wax off.....

Footin
08-28-2013, 10:17 PM
Sounds like you all will have a large ol time.

zsqure
08-31-2013, 01:33 PM
Drag the boat out for a quick detail before the evenings' cruise at the PLX. Top off the fuel put her to bed and off to Salt Fork bright and early!:D:D

Double D
08-31-2013, 07:51 PM
Drag the boat out for a quick detail before the evenings' cruise at the PLX. Top off the fuel put her to bed and off to Salt Fork bright and early!:D:D

Nice hauler.

No waxing for me this time, Just Gas, Gear and Go

jkski
08-31-2013, 09:22 PM
Mine is still drying out from this mornings barefoot session!!!
Look forward to seeing everyone at Salt Fork.

OHIOPRO205
08-31-2013, 11:15 PM
Not going to make tomorrow. My wife is still not boat worthy. Hope everyone has a great day. Hopefully next year. Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Double D
08-31-2013, 11:48 PM
Not going to make tomorrow. My wife is still not boat worthy. Hope everyone has a great day. Hopefully next year. Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Sorry to hear that... Hope she gets back to normal soon.

Double D
09-01-2013, 10:31 PM
A few pics from the GTG today!

Double D
09-01-2013, 10:37 PM
A few more..

jkski
09-02-2013, 08:58 AM
What a great time and such an awesome group of people to hang out with all day. Josh was asleep before we even got to the end of the first ski zone on the way back and other than when we took him out of the car when we got home, he did not wake until 7am this morning!!! Granted, now he looking for his tube and someone to pull around!

93Prostar190
09-02-2013, 09:10 AM
Hey everyone ... I echo the sentiments ..... to all that was there, great to see you ... let's get some more skiing in ..... headed to the river in a bit now ..... wish you guys were here ......

ZSquare - you have a great family!!!
Bobbo - I wish we could have talked more with you ... you are a great dude, with a great crew .... loved being tied up to your sweet boat.
Shredder / Boyd -nice you got that banana boat running ..... ;) thanks for eating my salsa!
JKSKI - I noticed one of your lights was not working ... so bring that sweet boat into my shop and I will have it back to you in a little while ...... let's demo some skis soon!
DoubleD - you rock bro! and your family is awesome.

Thanks everyone for playing .... if I missed someone above ... well sorry, but I gotta go hitch up the ol' tug ..... Peace, Happy Labor Day.

93Prostar190
09-02-2013, 09:25 AM
Pics ... from the phone ...

Bobbo
09-02-2013, 11:13 AM
It turned out to be a great day, although the morning was not the nicest. Still, the company made it all worth while. Great seeing all of you again and look forward to many more of this type of thing in the future. Nothing like a group of friends that are happiest when they are out in a boat on the water. He is a pic from the front (hope it shows up okay, new to this posting stuff).

Double D
09-02-2013, 12:06 PM
What?? A light out on jkski's trailer??

Here are a few pics of jkski taken by Tyler Zsqure..

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/02/use6umyn.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/02/rutynu4u.jpg

zsqure
09-02-2013, 02:55 PM
WOW! What a great time with friends on the water. Thanks to DoubleD, MBoyd, JK, and Mrs. JK for giving me that little push I needed to try Bare Footing. I'm hooked!:D What a blast I'm a little sore, bruised and waterlogged today but I'll be ready to go back at it. And to Ty, next time I'll listen to you and wear that nerdy nose clip so I don't get water up my nose again.:o
Do you guys think we could plan one of these where we can see our feet in 5 feet of water?:rolleyes: 93prostar190, any ideas?

Double D
09-02-2013, 09:25 PM
What an excellent day with excellent people. I was impressed there were three boats already on the water before we got there about 8:30, and that made five boats with only one missing... ;) (no names).

We saw some good slalom action behind ol'yeller, Zsqure hooked up his boom for the first time on his 209 and I was able to make a few runs, all the while Boyds crew continued with Slalom and then got Mrs JKSKI out on her wakeboard. Zsqure then did his first BF run and did great for his first time and provided the best flipping face plant of the day. :D

Then I hooked up my boom and coerced my wife into driving for me (a first) and she did great! (I think the 6th boat was there by then..) JKSKI joined up and gave us an exhibition off the side of my 205 even with some choppy water, then tried a short line (5' rope) off the back of my platform, but couldn't pull it off do to the rope position put him too close to the boat, and my exhaust was burning his feet. Now that's a new one for me!

Mrs 93prostar190 was the first in the water for her crew doing her best slalom run, and low and behold, I actually got to see 93prostar190 slalom around making some nice cuts and making a nice dismount next to Bobbo's Nautique.

I then hooked up with my brother (Bobbo) and we did some wakeboard runs while Zqure was providing some much needed instruction to a guest skier, and 93PS190 was pulling some kneeboarding and wakeboarding.

And all that before 11:30 before the water and traffic got undesirable.... Then it was off to Boaters Beach for lunch and good ol hanging out where the kids played games and the grown-ups just hung out, switching boats and sharing food and stories. There were a few water wrestling matches and I think Boyd was involved in each one while little Josh gave tube rides, and my dog shed all over the water... We then vacated the beach around 6 ish?? and I had to pull tubes around for about 30 minutes, and we were off the water by 7:00 ISH... (not real sure) :rolleyes:

All in all a great day with great people that I would never have met without this forum. Sometimes I take crap for being on this forum too much, but when you have results like this, how can you not??

We did see a MasterCraft X-Star with sick wrap (so sick I puked.. LOL) that didn't give us the time of day, and a few SN's (one Sport, who I believe was "Randy_in_Ohio" on CCfan, and one Super Sport) but they kept their distance while at the beach.

Next time I hope more of you can make it out, and we'll need to plan for more than just one.

All in all we had:
The best looking 2008 PS214
The sweetest looking and running 2008 40th Anniversary PS197
The best yellow 2004 X7 that now starts with no issue
The best all around looking 2004 SN206
The always waxed to perfection (by his kids) 2001 PS209
And my old but reliable 1994 PS205

Double D
09-02-2013, 10:13 PM
Oh, and Santa left a goody-bag in my boat. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

zsqure
09-03-2013, 07:25 AM
Found a couple more shots, one of 93prostar190
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/03/3upe2yha.jpg
And another of MBoyd
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/03/py7y3egy.jpg

93Prostar190
09-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Zsquare wrote "Do you guys think we could plan one of these where we can see out feet in the water? 93prostar190, any ideas?"

Mr. Z ... not sure what you meant in that question? maybe a typo is confusing me ... can you please clarify? nice pics by the way ...

zsqure
09-03-2013, 12:21 PM
Zsquare wrote "Do you guys think we could plan one of these where we can see out feet in the water? 93prostar190, any ideas?"

Mr. Z ... not sure what you meant in that question? maybe a typo is confusing me ... can you please clarify? nice pics by the way ...
A lake where you can see your feet when in 3 to 5 feet of water. Sorry for the confusion. Every lake I've been to is green or brown.

zsqure
09-03-2013, 02:19 PM
:

We did see a MasterCraft X-Star with sick wrap (so sick I puked.. LOL) that didn't give us the time of day, and a few SN's (one Sport, who I believe was "Randy_in_Ohio" on CCfan, and one Super Sport) but they kept their distance while at the beach.

Also forgot to tell you I saw what looked to be a Barefoot 200 come zipping by me in the no wake zone by the cabins, missed the photo op. Then he blasted past me as I was headed to Boaters' Beach. Thought about trying to keep up, but I knew momma would not be happy with my decision, so I just watched him disappear down the lake. Cant even tell you what was hanging off the back, could have been a FORCE (uh old chrysler OB) for all I know. It had BAREFOOT in different font but same size lettering height right after Mastercraft on the side.

OHIOPRO205
09-03-2013, 02:46 PM
I am thinking everyone would have to head to KY or TN to get water like that.

93Prostar190
09-03-2013, 04:33 PM
aGreed ..... clearer water in the TN / KY areas ... Ohio lakes muddy bottoms ..... I hear there is a lake in the NE portion of Indiana close to Ohio that has clear deep water .....

zsqure
09-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Ok, I vote for south.

tommydbouy
09-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Mine is still drying out from this mornings barefoot session!!!
Look forward to seeing everyone at Salt Fork.

By chance was your early morning barefoot session at West Branch?

We'll have to make one of these get togethers.

jkski
09-04-2013, 07:50 AM
By chance was your early morning barefoot session at West Branch?

We'll have to make one of these get togethers.

It was indeed me as well as Mgboyd and a few others at West Branch and we will likely be there again this Saturday with Mgboyd's boat (yellow 197). You are welcome to join in on the fun! Again, you have a great looking boat and we will keep you posted on any get-together's, especially the Buckeye Bash in Columbus as there are a lot of great people to meet in this community of MC owners.

tommydbouy
09-04-2013, 11:26 PM
It was indeed me as well as Mgboyd and a few others at West Branch and we will likely be there again this Saturday with Mgboyd's boat (yellow 197). You are welcome to join in on the fun! Again, you have a great looking boat and we will keep you posted on any get-together's, especially the Buckeye Bash in Columbus as there are a lot of great people to meet in this community of MC owners.

Thanks for the offer but this Saturday won't work. We're shooting for this Sunday morning at West Branch.

My wife was impressed you had a whole crew out for Sunrise water. We have trouble getting a third for 9:00am water.