A long time waiting.
No stopping them now!
4 more wins! :D

erkoehler
10-17-2005, 01:50 AM
I can't believe it!!! I think I am going to get some world series tickets :D

sassydog
10-17-2005, 07:17 AM
SOUTHSIDE PRIDE!!! been a long time comming, and being from the southside chicago, i feels damn good to see my boys kicking @$$ and taking names. Good Luck with those world series tix erkohler, they usually only go to season ticket holders first, and you'll end up paying several hundred for one seat, if you do get lucky. Funny to see perzynski in controversy again, maybe Crede will bail him out once more in the big show. I can't wait to see them destroy St. Louis/Houston!! You can put it on the boooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad, YES!!!!!!

Ric
10-17-2005, 11:15 AM
you poor saps better pack a lunch for the beating the stros will bring to the blacksox.
There will be no complete games pitched against astros in october!

east tx skier
10-17-2005, 11:17 AM
Man, what a finish to that Astros game last night. I had the dvr running. I slowed that double play down to 1/15th speed just to be sure. Great call. Out at first base, but just barely.

Ric
10-17-2005, 11:17 AM
boomers report today was that oswalt's pitching won the game yesterday! guy didn't even play yesterday :mad:
how bout some love for the NL on TV, OK? God knows I don't ask for much!

Rockman
10-17-2005, 11:18 AM
Ya SouthSide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kinda funny the billboard on the northside read

"Major League Baseball...3 Miles South."

Ain't that the truth! :banana: Go Sox!

Ric
10-17-2005, 11:19 AM
Man, what a finish to that Astros game last night. I had the dvr running. I slowed that double play down to 1/15th speed just to be sure. Great call. Out at first base, but just barely.
I was there and it was a huge scare!
the crowd was like "awwwwwww,............ wait huraaaaaaaaayyyyy!!"
I swear for a split second I thought we were about to endure another long long day filled with scoreless innings like last week!

hahaha

east tx skier
10-17-2005, 11:38 AM
Incredible defense.

stevo137
10-17-2005, 12:05 PM
you poor saps better pack a lunch for the beating the stros will bring to the blacksox.
LAUGHING! :moon:

Ric
10-17-2005, 01:02 PM
looks like I won't be going to the world series games unless I want to pay pay payy!
(I can just watch the series from the couch like Beltran!)

email I received today:

Houston Astros - astros.com
ASTROS WORLD SERIES TICKET OPPORTUNITY
October 17, 2005
================================================== =============

Thank you for registering for a chance to purchase tickets
to potential Astros World Series games at Minute Maid Park.
Unfortunately your entry was not selected for the online
World Series sale. If single tickets remain, or any tickets
go unclaimed, you will be automatically entered into the
2nd chance World Series ticket opportunity. If you are a
2nd chance winner, you will receive an e-mail on Thursday, Oct. 20
informing you of what you need to do.

As a fan, your loyalty to the Astros is unparalleled.
Thank you for registering for the online World Series
ticket opportunity.

ASTROS MOBILE
Get baseball playoff alerts on your mobile phone
from MLB.com. In-game score updates and league
news for just $3.99 for the entire postseason.
Send a text message with the keyword PLAYOFFS
to 65246 (MLBGO) from your mobile phone.
Or, visit MLB.com/mobile.

Please review our Privacy Policy >>

east tx skier
10-17-2005, 01:07 PM
LAUGHING! :moon:

The Astros' wake is smaller than the Whitesox! :uglyhamme

Ric
10-17-2005, 01:28 PM
The Astros' wake is smaller than the Whitesox! :uglyhamme
And better looking women than the White Sox have :firejump:

Maristar210
10-17-2005, 01:44 PM
The only thing that angers me more than the CUBS losing is the White Sox winning.

I wish you guys the best of luck, oh wait, no I don't. Aaaarg!!!

Workin' 4 Toys
10-17-2005, 03:35 PM
As a Chicago native. My entire life. Don't care whatsoever.

stevo137
10-17-2005, 04:14 PM
[QUOTE=Ric]looks like I won't be going to the world series games unless I want to pay pay payy!

Still laughing Ric!
The Astros still need to deal with one pi**ed off Cardinal team and there is a good chance it won't be over tonight.
That's ok, another trip and game in St. Louis before the first series game Saturday could be in the cards for the Stros! ;)

east tx skier
10-17-2005, 04:24 PM
Aw let 'em get pi$$ed. They pipe up, we'll throw 'em out on their ear yet again! 8p

/that ball was so high and inside, it was funny watching him argue.

Ric
10-17-2005, 04:48 PM
well I was in the house and I think being present, we were shorted some of the details of the call and the argument.
from my perspective I only wondered if the ump thought he broke or maybe even tipped the ball but that place was so friggin loud that I think the ump might have let it get to him and of course, he always wins :D
what a weird game. backe scares me to death.
cardinalfan will have to wait another year, this is stros year!

[QUOTE=Ric]looks like I won't be going to the world series games unless I want to pay pay payy!

Still laughing Ric!
The Astros still need to deal with one pi**ed off Cardinal team and there is a good chance it won't be over tonight.
That's ok, another trip and game in St. Louis before the first series game Saturday could be in the cards for the Stros! ;)

maristarman
10-17-2005, 05:02 PM
My teams not in the playoffs so I really don't care who wins.

I'd like to see the team that is playing the best win.

The big question for the Sox fans is, can the the SOX win a series without the umpires helping them with some of the most heinous calls in MLB playoff history.

Ric
10-17-2005, 05:05 PM

The big question for the Sox fans is, can the the SOX win a series without the umpires helping them with some of the most heinous calls in MLB playoff history.
haaaaaaaaaaaa! note: I didn't say it :noface:

stevo137
10-17-2005, 05:20 PM
haaaaaaaaaaaa! note: I didn't say it :noface:
http://deephousepage.com/smilies/tongueout.gif

stevo137
10-17-2005, 05:22 PM

http://deephousepage.com/smilies/ignore.gif

maristarman
10-17-2005, 05:43 PM
Truth hurts a little, doesn't it Stevo0?

Just like you did nothing personnaly to effect the outcome of the game, neither did I.

But we should at least invest in a little honest discussion about whats happening, right?

They were handed that series on a silver platter.

Doesn't it seem a little suspicious that the year after Boston wins it all, and is the Cinderella story of "America's Pasttime" that now the Sox, who have the longest current winless streak get streamlined into the world series on ridiculous officiating?

Especially when baseball got a few black eyes this season over the whole steroid issue.

Just seems a little too convenient for me.

And for the record, I don't think there are little black helicopters circling, I think Lee Harvey acted alone, and I don't think that Bush went to war for Haliburton, or to "finish what daddy started".

The B.S. 3rd out in the ninth that the ump "uncalled", the batter interference that should have been bases loaded with one out turned into an inning ending double play, inning ending pick-off calls are missed and those runners come around to score. This isn't just the home plate ump being "subjective" on the strike zone. All of these calls had material impacts on the games that were played.

Be happy that your team is in, and your pitchers did a great job, but don't ignore the facts.

They had a lot of help.

mcprostar197
10-17-2005, 05:54 PM
Yea Yea. Sox All The Way!!!!

Ric
10-17-2005, 05:56 PM
http://deephousepage.com/smilies/tongueout.gif
What happened to the yawn stevo?

Ric
10-17-2005, 05:57 PM

Just like you did nothing personnaly to effect the outcome of the game, neither did I.

But we should at least invest in a little honest discussion about whats happening, right?

Doesn't it seem a little suspicious that the year after Boston wins it all, and is the Cinderella story of "America's Pasttime" that now the Sox, who have the longest current winless streak get streamlined into the world series on ridiculous officiating?

Especially when baseball got a few black eyes this season over the whole steroid issue.

And for the record, I don't think there are little black helicopters circling, I think Lee Harvey acted alone, and I don't think that Bush went to war for Haliburton, or to "finish what daddy started".

The B.S. 3rd out in the ninth that the ump "uncalled", the batter interference that should have been bases loaded with one out turned into an inning ending double play, inning ending pick-off calls are missed and those runners come around to score. This isn't just the home plate ump being "subjective" on the strike zone. All of these calls had material impacts on the games that were played.

Be happy that your team is in, and your pitchers did a great job, but don't ignore the facts.

They had a lot of help.
do I have to infer this to mean that this being the astros year was aslo contrived by MLB? I hope not

stevo137
10-17-2005, 05:59 PM
I didn't follow every play of every game due to the fact that Saturday I was at a birthday party for my father in law during the game and last night, we had company during the game. I usually don't watch every play of every game anyway.
There will probably be bad calls in almost every game and I don't agree that bad calls were the reason the Sox swept the Angels in their house.
Anyway, I'm sure we will all be talking about the bad calls during the world series and that's just how it goes.
Either way, win or loose, it's gonna be good!

maristarman
10-17-2005, 06:08 PM
do I have to infer this to mean that this being the astros year was aslo contrived by MLB? I hope not

So which controversial calls were there in the Astos series that were the lead stories on every sports T.V. show, website, and newspaper, which required MLB to trot the entire officiating crew out to hold a press conference to defend themselves, and which were proven countless times on video replay to be BAD CALLS.

Please refresh my memory.

Again, I'm as die hard a fan as you will find and I support my teams to the max, but when they get something gift wrapped, I'm not going to attempt to deny it.

stevo137
10-17-2005, 06:10 PM
What happened to the yawn stevo?
I thought it was a bit boring.
You spankin' me again for editing?
http://deephousepage.com/smilies/spank2.gif

Ric
10-17-2005, 06:18 PM
So which controversial calls were there in the Astos series that were the lead stories on every sports T.V. show, website, and newspaper, which required MLB to trot the entire officiating crew out to hold a press conference to defend themselves, and which were proven countless times on video replay to be BAD CALLS.

Please refresh my memory.

Again, I'm as die hard a fan as you will find and I support my teams to the max, but when they get something gift wrapped, I'm not going to attempt to deny it.
NONE
I'm kinda bummed about the lack of NL coverage actually

stevo137
10-18-2005, 12:55 AM

Still laughing Ric!
http://deephousepage.com/smilies/jerkit.gif

Ric
10-18-2005, 01:04 AM
[QUOTE=stevo137]
I cannot explain why the stros always always have to keep me hangin by a thread!!!!
:noface:

east tx skier
10-18-2005, 12:23 PM
I don't want to talk about it. My prediction is that it will end in six though.

Scot
10-18-2005, 12:28 PM
I was there last night..... As a Astros fan, ex Cardinal fan.... That hurt! The place went from a roar to silence.... You could feel the air being sucked out of the park...

Brutal.... I still like our chances.... Go Stros!

east tx skier
10-18-2005, 12:29 PM
You could feel it 200 miles to the northeast, too. I've been an Astros fan as long as I can remember. Go Astros!

erkoehler
10-18-2005, 12:59 PM
White Sox world series tickets go on sale in 1 hour!!!

Ric
10-18-2005, 06:48 PM
Go Stros! !

scott88prostar
10-20-2005, 10:29 AM

They had a lot of help.

Molina was called out at second after replays show he is clearly safe!...the fix is in....the men in black coats want the stros in the world series....all praise the omnipotent baseball gods :D

east tx skier
10-20-2005, 10:54 AM
Yeah, there was no tag, but the ump couldn't see it and the Oscar goes to ... the second baseman. I cheared that horrible call! Fortunately, the game wasn't even close. Go Astros!

Ric
10-20-2005, 11:01 AM
umpires have always needed glasses and been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

GO ASTROS!

scott88prostar
10-20-2005, 11:02 AM
He did sell the tag...calls go both ways...even LaRussa said it...should be a great series...going to be a pitchers duel....good luck!

Ric
10-20-2005, 11:10 AM
He did sell the tag...calls go both ways...even LaRussa said it...should be a great series...going to be a pitchers duel....good luck!
it reminds me of lamb NOT selling the out at first on monday (wonder if that has anything to do with him being seated last night?)

Remember, the safe call where lamb's toe wasn't on the bag but the ump wouldn't have known had lamb not kicked his foot over really quick when he noticed he wasn't touching the bag. The ump then called the runner safe.

east tx skier
10-20-2005, 11:39 AM
Yeah. Very good point. As a former first baseman, I can tell you I'd have probably slipped up and done the same thing.

Not to mention, Cardinals got a favorable call at first base last night where the replay showed the runner was probably safe.

I still remember 86 and that picture on the front page of the Houston Chronicle (another bad call at first base --- against the Astros). Headline: "We was Robbed." Thus, I'm not going to waste too much time thinking about a bad call that goes in our favor. Assuming every runner on base scored that inning, we still win (I know that's still flawed logic, but we'd have gotten another one of them out inasmuch as they weren't hitting).

Pujol's (sp) first strike out made me smile as did that ground ball he dogged early in the game.

stevo137
10-20-2005, 09:10 PM
Those Sox look ready baby!

http://deephousepage.com/smilies/welcome.gif to Chicago Astros!

east tx skier
10-20-2005, 11:14 PM
I love Chicago. I've got several friends there, many of them Astros fans!

stevo137
10-22-2005, 08:26 PM
You may not know it but I have many friends in Houston! All of them Astro fans.
Anyway, the White Sox will win this series. One of the main reasons is due to the fact that they don't have any big stars. Collectively though, as a team they are the best and pressure don't phase em'...

erkoehler
10-22-2005, 08:33 PM
Right now, on FOX pre-grame :toast:

erkoehler
10-23-2005, 12:19 AM
WHITE SOX WIN!!!!!
:banana: :banana: :banana:
WHITE SOX WIN!!!!!

RickDV
10-23-2005, 12:22 AM
Good game for the Sox. They had a tight spot in the 8th and managed to work their out of it.

Too bad the Rocket had to leave the game early. It may be his last pro ball appearance. I would have like to see him go deeper into the game.

erkoehler
10-23-2005, 12:23 AM
Sox played a great game. It was close, but Joe Crede made the difference.

RickDV
10-23-2005, 12:26 AM
Yes, Crede was key both on offense and defense. He should have gotten MVP in the ALCS series.

stevo137
10-23-2005, 12:44 AM
[QUOTE=RickDV]Good game for the Sox. They had a tight spot in the 8th and managed to work their out of it.
Too bad the Rocket had to leave the game early. It may be his last pro ball appearance

I would have liked to see him go further too.
It sucks getting older...

east tx skier
10-23-2005, 12:48 AM
Yeah, I'd have liked to have gotten more than 2 innings out of him. Still a good game considering. Oh well. Tomorrow's a new day.

stevo137
10-23-2005, 01:03 AM
Tomorrows game forecast, upper 40's and chance of showers.

MarkP
10-23-2005, 01:12 AM
Congrats dare,stevo!!
Nice game. I saw about the last 5 or 6 batters.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-23-2005, 10:49 PM
Sunday 1/2 way through, TX 4 CH 2.

stevo137
10-23-2005, 11:08 PM
Sunday 1/2 way through, TX 4 CH 2.
The Astros grew their beards so they look like Chuck Norris Texas Ranger, http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif

Workin' 4 Toys
10-23-2005, 11:10 PM
The Astros grew their beards so they look like Chuck Norris Texas Ranger, http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif
I had not noticed, perhaps I should turn it on.:)

Workin' 4 Toys
10-23-2005, 11:44 PM
Grand Slam!!!!!

RickDV
10-23-2005, 11:46 PM
Grand Slam!!!!!

Holy Cow! Talk about comin' through when the heat is on.

btmag
10-23-2005, 11:48 PM
Foul ball before that. :(

stevo137
10-23-2005, 11:49 PM
[QUOTE=btmag]Foul ball before that. :([/QUOTE
That's how the game goes...
It hit his hand...

btmag
10-23-2005, 11:56 PM
If it hit his hand, it's a foul ball.

stevo137
10-23-2005, 11:58 PM
I just saw the reply, it hit his arm... :D

btmag
10-24-2005, 12:01 AM
Hey man, it's no big thing to me.
Lighten up. :confused:

RickDV
10-24-2005, 12:04 AM

On that play the question is if the ball hit the bat or if it hit his arm. It was no where close to his hand.

TV replay pretty clearly shows it hitting the bat. Not that the umps have the option of instant replay. :(

stevo137
10-24-2005, 12:07 AM
Hey man, it's no big thing to me.
Lighten up. :confused:
Questionable calls happen in every game my friend.
History will only remember the winner.
OK, Jenks on the mound, good luck...

PendO
10-24-2005, 12:10 AM
On that play the question is if the ball hit the bat or if it hit his arm. It was no where close to his hand.

TV replay pretty clearly shows it hitting the bat. Not that the umps have the option of instant replay. :(

Thats the one nice thing about golf, at least the players are expected to be honest ... it goes both ways in baseball, but it would be nice if there wasn't the "acting" part of the game ... Houston got Jobbed!

btmag
10-24-2005, 12:12 AM
Questionable calls happen in every game my friend.
History will only remember the winner.
OK, Jenks on the mound, good luck...

He has some awesome heat.

RickDV
10-24-2005, 12:16 AM
Thats the one nice thing about golf, at least the players are expected to be honest ... it goes both ways in baseball, but it would be nice if there wasn't the "acting" part of the game ... Houston got Jobbed!

That is not the case in baseball...at any level. I coached Little League baseball for several years and you are expected to follow the call of the ump whether right or wrong and whether it goes in your favor or not.

I bet some major league coaches would lose their job if they did what was honest when they know the ump is wrong. I wish it were different, but that's the way it is IMO.

Ric
10-24-2005, 12:27 AM
yep sox get a freebie from blue
time to head to houston!

RickDV
10-24-2005, 12:28 AM
Walk off HR by Posednik! Game done 7-6 Sox.

Not bad for a guy who never hit a home run all season.

stevo137
10-24-2005, 12:30 AM
Walk off HR by Posednik! Game done 7-6 Sox.

Not bad for a guy who never hit a home run all season.
Yessssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

stevo137
10-24-2005, 12:32 AM
yep sox get a freebie from blue
time to head to houston!
Oh yes, where it's warm!!! :D

Ric
10-24-2005, 12:34 AM
Oh yes, where it's warm!!! :D
no more predictions from me, the fate of the astros is in the hands of the umpires. Enjoy your well earned win soxfan. :rolleyes:

erkoehler
10-24-2005, 12:44 AM
no more predictions from me, the fate of the astros is in the hands of the umpires. Enjoy your well earned win soxfan. :rolleyes:

AWESOME GAME!!! GO SOX :D

sassydog
10-24-2005, 12:49 AM
You can put it on the booooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad, YES!. you texans can't blame your loss on one lousy call, on Dye. your'e starting to sound like my northside neighbors. great game played by both teams, lookign forward to the rest of the series

erkoehler
10-24-2005, 12:50 AM
It was definetly a great, exciting, edge of the seat, flying high game :cool:

stevo137
10-24-2005, 09:35 AM
There will probably be bad calls in almost every game and I don't agree that bad calls were the reason the Sox swept the Angels in their house.
Anyway, I'm sure we will all be talking about the bad calls during the world series and that's just how it goes.
Either way, win or loose, it's gonna be good!

Ric
10-24-2005, 11:08 AM
still a believer here. These boys worked out of bad spots all year long. This is one of them.

Rockman
10-24-2005, 11:20 AM

Ric, still waiting for that butt-kicking we were promised! ;)

The Astros fate is in the hands of the Astros and not the Umps. The same goes for the Sox. If it's gonna come down to one call making a difference then neither team should have put themselves in that position.

I would say this if the Sox were down 2-0 as well.

Yesterday's game was probably one of the top 3 best games of all time for me to watch. Good baseball and overall exciting. Not just a boring pitchers battle as so many of the past series have been.

Anyways, thought I would just chime in...in a sportmanlike manner for you all. :D

Ric
10-24-2005, 11:31 AM
Ric, still waiting for that butt-kicking we were promised! ;)

The Astros fate is in the hands of the Astros and not the Umps. The same goes for the Sox. If it's gonna come down to one call making a difference then neither team should have put themselves in that position.

I would say this if the Sox were down 2-0 as well.

Yesterday's game was probably one of the top 3 best games of all time for me to watch. Good baseball and overall exciting. Not just a boring pitchers battle as so many of the past series have been.

Anyways, thought I would just chime in...in a sportmanlike manner for you all. :D
I'm still waiting too Rockman but astro bats have been working quite well so far. I also mentioned no complete game pitching against the stros. These astros are getting on base, making it exciting for all of us.

You chicago guys kill me when you say "that's the game" or "calls go both ways" when it happens for the sox.

Promise we'd hear far more cries from second city if all the calls that have "gone the sox way" this year were going the other way. That call was preposterous and loaded the bases and forced our pitching change. It was a huge call. lucky break. Hard to come back from 0-2 but stranger things have happened in this town ;)

stevo137
10-24-2005, 11:54 AM
still a believer here. These boys worked out of bad spots all year long. This is one of them.
Like I said, it's gonna be good!

Rockman
10-24-2005, 12:32 PM
You chicago guys kill me when you say "that's the game" or "calls go both ways" when it happens for the sox.

Sorry Ric,

But we have had to sit back and take alot of bad calls when the past few years mainly since people didn't think the White Sox were as good as the Red Sox or the Yankees.

We kinda had to accept the fact that since we were not the East Coast Powerhouses, we would have to suffer a couple bad calls.

I am not saying "Too bad Houston" but it''s nice to have some go our way as well. What comes around, goes around.

Ric
10-24-2005, 12:53 PM
Sorry Ric,

But we have had to sit back and take alot of bad calls when the past few years mainly since people didn't think the White Sox were as good as the Red Sox or the Yankees.

We kinda had to accept the fact that since we were not the East Coast Powerhouses, we would have to suffer a couple bad calls.

I am not saying "Too bad Houston" but it''s nice to have some go our way as well. What comes around, goes around.
That call was huge. No question it changed game 2 of the world series.

erkoehler
10-24-2005, 12:54 PM
Nicely said Rockman :D

stevo137
10-24-2005, 12:58 PM
That call was huge. No question it changed game 2 of the world series.
It's one thing to get a break, another to take advantage of it.
The Sox have shown that when they get a break they will make the best of it...

RIC,
CHEER UP!!!
YOU ARE HAVING AT LEAST TWO WORLD SERIES GAMES IN HOUSTON!!!

RickDV
10-24-2005, 01:13 PM
Fact is that as television has gotten better with the quality of the images and replay capabilities there is increasing scrutiny of the officiating for all sports. In like manner, I am willing to say that the quality of officiating -- on the whole -- has also improved.

Baseball, for reasons both good and bad, has chosen not to use instant replay as some other sports have done. We could debate that issue all day long and come to the same conclussion MLB has already decided: It's a sticky issue!

In the end, this year's World Series is no different than every World Series since 1903: There will be bad calls made that affect the outcome of the game in one way or another. Some will be insignificant; some will be monumental. Players and fans will be upset if they are on the losing side of the call. This is what I call part of the drama of the game. It actually adds a level of excitement.

There is no doubt, however, that is all part of The Game.

Ric
10-24-2005, 01:35 PM
whatever boys!! This aint over. ask yogi.
soxfan will have to face facts whether you admit them or not.

GO ASTROS!!

east tx skier
10-24-2005, 01:44 PM
Ric, I was pretty bent about that call, too. Yes, it was horrible. Yes, it changed the game. But as you said last week when we got that guy out on a missed tag at second base, all umps need glasses. I'm no more counting the Astros out than I would be celebrating were I a Whitesox fan. It's the best of seven. All they've shown so far is that they can win two. The 'stros play better under pressure anyway. My hunch was always that the Astros would win in six. So far, I'm still on the money. :)

Ric
10-24-2005, 02:26 PM
:rant: .
signed, one frustrated fan!

east tx skier
10-24-2005, 03:26 PM
Yeah, me, too.

erkoehler
10-24-2005, 03:47 PM
Ric, I was pretty bent about that call, too. Yes, it was horrible. Yes, it changed the game. But as you said last week when we got that guy out on a missed tag at second base, all umps need glasses. I'm no more counting the Astros out than I would be celebrating were I a Whitesox fan. It's the best of seven. All they've shown so far is that they can win two. The 'stros play better under pressure anyway. My hunch was always that the Astros would win in six. So far, I'm still on the money. :)

I don't know, the stros coming back to win 4 straight to take the series???? That is a pretty long shot at this point ;)

mitch
10-24-2005, 03:51 PM
Fact is that as television has gotten better with the quality of the images and replay capabilities there is increasing scrutiny of the officiating for all sports. In like manner, I am willing to say that the quality of officiating -- on the whole -- has also improved.

Baseball, for reasons both good and bad, has chosen not to use instant replay as some other sports have done. We could debate that issue all day long and come to the same conclussion MLB has already decided: It's a sticky issue!

In the end, this year's World Series is no different than every World Series since 1903: There will be bad calls made that affect the outcome of the game in one way or another. Some will be insignificant; some will be monumental. Players and fans will be upset if they are on the losing side of the call. This is what I call part of the drama of the game. It actually adds a level of excitement.

There is no doubt, however, that is all part of The Game.

It's easy for us to 2nd guess a call when we watch it at 5 diff angles, and at 5 diff forward/reverses speeds over 2 minutes Fact of the matter is the ump making the call is 'usually' in the best position to make the call, and has a split second to get it as correct as possible. I prolly would have blown that one too, and yes it appears to have been a terrible call and may have changed the game. Oh well.

erkoehler
10-24-2005, 03:54 PM
I don't think it really would have changed the outcome of the game. There are questionable calls in every game against and for each team. It is part of the game, time to move on and play the next game.

mitch
10-24-2005, 04:29 PM
I don't think it really would have changed the outcome of the game. There are questionable calls in every game against and for each team. It is part of the game, time to move on and play the next game.

"I don't think it really would have changed the outcome of the game."

I know you wrote it, but do you actually believe it. :D

Workin' 4 Toys
10-24-2005, 04:44 PM
:rant: .
signed, one frustrated fan!
My favorite Texan quote of the day. I'll be saying that all day....:banana:

east tx skier
10-24-2005, 04:47 PM

The last two setences I'll agree with wholeheartedly. The first one not at all.

Ric
10-24-2005, 05:15 PM
My favorite Texan quote of the day. I'll be saying that all day....:banana:
It's true :rant:

erkoehler
10-26-2005, 03:04 AM
great game tonight, as it continues into the 14th inning. GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

erkoehler
10-26-2005, 03:26 AM
SOX WIN SOX WIN SOX WIN :woohoo: :woohoo:

:headbang:

stevo137
10-26-2005, 03:30 AM
Great game!
I even got a nap in during the 12th inning.
Edit, I don't believe that any team has come back from 0-3 and only one has come back from 3 down.

erkoehler
10-26-2005, 03:34 AM
I watched the whole game, start to finish, every out.

My Dad fell asleep in the 10th till the 12th. Then went to bed in the 13th.

My sister fell asleep in the 7th. And went to bed in the 12th.

Just me and my grandfather watching all 14 innings :D :headbang:

Mag_Red
10-26-2005, 07:20 AM
II take it they won???

erkoehler
10-26-2005, 11:07 AM
:D They sure did :dance:

Leroy
10-26-2005, 11:11 AM
I watched from 8th inning(?) already 5-5, inning after inning and then quick shut eye and missed the 2 run score and woke up at 7-5!

east tx skier
10-26-2005, 11:13 AM
Great game. Hate the outcome. Them's the breaks. Go Astros.

erkoehler
10-26-2005, 11:19 AM
I watched from 8th inning(?) already 5-5, inning after inning and then quick shut eye and missed the 2 run score and woke up at 7-5!

Ouch, thats harsh! I woke my Dad up and told him that the sox were up by 2 in the 14th, and he rolled over and mumbled that he didn't believe me....guess I showed him :D

Workin' 4 Toys
10-26-2005, 03:08 PM
I forgot all about the baseball game. Oh well. I've seen enough to know what happened.

stevo137
10-26-2005, 07:00 PM
You know, I think that the White Sox are going to win one game that's not even close.
Maybe tonight...

AirJunky
10-26-2005, 07:14 PM
No beer for 1/2 a game........ now thats a crime! ;)

stevo137
10-26-2005, 07:15 PM
I didn't even have one last night!

scott88prostar
10-26-2005, 07:29 PM
Ordering a Large Lou Malanatis for game time...it all about the food!...I kinda wish it went to 7 but I cant take it.....not saying its in the bag.

Ric
10-26-2005, 07:33 PM
that actually did happen to us in the 18 inning game at minute maid!

stevo137
10-26-2005, 09:12 PM
GAME TIME!!!!!!! :dance:

Workin' 4 Toys
10-26-2005, 11:20 PM
Just flipped past, 0-0, must be a good game.:confused:

erkoehler
10-26-2005, 11:41 PM
Just flipped past, 0-0, must be a good game.:confused:

We have got to get out of the bottom of the 6th :mad:

erkoehler
10-26-2005, 11:42 PM
Strike out!!!! :D

erkoehler
10-27-2005, 01:03 AM
:banana: :banana: SOX WIN WORLD SERIES!!!!

stevo137
10-27-2005, 01:06 AM
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP !!!!!!!!!!!!
http://deephousepage.com/smilies/party5.gif

erkoehler
10-27-2005, 01:08 AM
:shocked: :banana: :guitar: THE NEIGHBORHOOD IS GOING CRAZY!Fireworks, gun shots, don't know what it is, but it is loud.....

sassydog
10-27-2005, 01:13 AM
you can put it on the booooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad, YES! SOX WIN SOX WIN!!!, dramatic fashion, the southside is alive and kicking!!!. keep you cowboy trash out of my town!!. make your way to home depot and get yourself a broom, cause you just got sweeped!!!!!!! Asstros never stood a chance again the vicious determination of the boys in black. lets hear them excuses, the roof was open, it was too cold, it was too dark, it was too wet, the umps were biast, it was too windy, the stadium was poorly designed, and the list goes on. what about the only excuse acceptable. Teaxas got their rears stomped in 'cause they were up against a far, far superior team. keep those ancient "bees" out in the panhandle! The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas, well they were bright, i could see 'em all the way from down there, and those stars are my White SOx. Texas got burned tongiht! SOUTHSIDE PRIDE!!!! But really you boys played a good game, there were a tough 4 games. i'll drink to the sox this weekend, but ill be sure to have a shot for the stros, but just a teeny one.

Ric
10-27-2005, 01:26 AM
you can put it on the booooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad, YES! SOX WIN SOX WIN!!!, dramatic fashion, the southside is alive and kicking!!!. keep you cowboy trash out of my town!!. make your way to home depot and get yourself a broom, cause you just got sweeped!!!!!!! Asstros never stood a chance again the vicious determination of the boys in black. lets hear them excuses, the roof was open, it was too cold, it was too dark, it was too wet, the umps were biast, it was too windy, the stadium was poorly designed, and the list goes on. what about the only excuse acceptable. Teaxas got their rears stomped in 'cause they were up against a far, far superior team. keep those ancient "bees" out in the panhandle! The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas, well they were bright, i could see 'em all the way from down there, and those stars are my White SOx. Texas got burned tongiht! SOUTHSIDE PRIDE!!!! But really you boys played a good game, there were a tough 4 games. i'll drink to the sox this weekend, but ill be sure to have a shot for the stros, but just a teeny one.

Utter dissapointment is all I can say to describe this moment.

On a positive note I can take solace in the fact that I don't have to claim the guy who posted the above drunken trainwreck of a post as my neighbor. AND there will most likely be no streets burned tonight in celebration in Houston! ( you know, Houston... in the panhandle :rolleyes: )

stevo137
10-27-2005, 01:57 AM
Goodnight all. It was a thrill watching the series...

PendO
10-27-2005, 02:07 AM
Utter dissapointment is all I can say to describe this moment.

On a positive note I can take solace in the fact that I don't have to claim the guy who posted the above drunken trainwreck of a post as my neighbor. AND there will most likely be no streets burned tonight in celebration in Houston! ( you know, Houston... in the panhandle :rolleyes: )

Don't y'all still have a bunch of visitors from N.O.? :)

sassydog
10-27-2005, 07:32 AM
whether it was "cowboy trash" or the list of excuses or my complete lack of geographical knowledge, that got your undies in a bunch,you can relax. trash talking you astros is done with, i mean unless you still want to go back in forth. Michal Bolton is back and i've got nothing bad to say about the stros any longer. i got my shots in while i can, cause it may be another 88 years before i can so blindly support the sox. what's next football? aww crap!!, i doubt the bears are going to perform nearly as well as the sox, but oh well. maybe the bulls? nope this isn't the 90's. is hockey back on? maybe i can root or the hawks, naw, they still suck too. what about ping pong, any good ping pong player in chicago?

Ric
10-27-2005, 11:07 AM
Don't y'all still have a bunch of visitors from N.O.? :)
I haven't found them. I do know that none of the visitors have answered any employment ad's :rolleyes:

Workin' 4 Toys
10-27-2005, 12:12 PM
I haven't found them. I do know that none of the visitors have answered any employment ad's :rolleyes:
And you were surprised?:rolleyes:

Ric
10-27-2005, 12:18 PM
Congratulations whitesox :love:

east tx skier
10-27-2005, 12:45 PM

I'll repeat what I said on the other thread.

"Congratulations to the Whitesox. The Astros simply could not put the bat on the ball when it counted, and the better team one. Both teams played superb defense and all the wins were hard fought. I hope we get a rematch one day." You guys have waited a long time for this and I hope you enjoy it.

Now, I'll stoop to respond to your post, which has caused my inner child, named Tanner Boyle, to come out.

"Hey, [Whitesox], you can take your ... trophy and shove it straight up your a$$!" :moon: ;)

/hope you get the reference. It's not personal. Oh, and if it's truly a shot for the Astros, you'll line 3 up, try to drink a fourth one, spill it, and leave the other three on the bar. :(

//signed a frustrated fan who enjoys spending time in Chicago too much to be too upset.

///enjoy the victory.

Rockman
10-27-2005, 12:49 PM

Sorry Ric. maybe next year. :noface:

Go Sox! :banana:

Ric
10-27-2005, 04:35 PM
Sorry Ric. maybe next year. :noface:

Go Sox! :banana:
maybe
but there will be no man kissing

Ric
10-27-2005, 04:51 PM
LET THEM PLAY
LET THEM PLAY
LET THEM PLAY

I'll repeat what I said on the other thread.

"Congratulations to the Whitesox. The Astros simply could not put the bat on the ball when it counted, and the better team one. Both teams played superb defense and all the wins were hard fought. I hope we get a rematch one day." You guys have waited a long time for this and I hope you enjoy it.

Now, I'll stoop to respond to your post, which has caused my inner child, named Tanner Boyle, to come out.

"Hey, [Whitesox], you can take your ... trophy and shove it straight up your a$$!" :moon: ;)

/hope you get the reference. It's not personal. Oh, and if it's truly a shot for the Astros, you'll line 3 up, try to drink a fourth one, spill it, and leave the other three on the bar. :(

//signed a frustrated fan who enjoys spending time in Chicago too much to be too upset.

///enjoy the victory.

east tx skier
10-27-2005, 05:04 PM
... bunch of booger-eatin' morons.

captkidd
10-27-2005, 05:28 PM
Great games from both teams. No blowouts, all were exciting, some close finishes, plenty of drama and tension. I wish it had gone a full seven games because there's nothing else to watch on TV, but I will sure be glad to get to bed earlier.