PDA

View Full Version : Went to a Wedding....

lakes Rick
09-07-2004, 05:02 PM
My good friends son got married yesterday.. Very nice wedding outside along the McKenzie River...
First wedding I have been to in probably 15 years... I just couldn't get over how easy ( 20 minutes) it is to get married and how LONG it takes to get divorced... I asked the Groom if he got my note in the RSVP note.. He laughed and said it is on the front of the Fridge.. SHE gave me a dirty look... It is my business card with this on the back: " Todd call me, you don't have to do this".... I am loved

I should say there were quite a few unmarried couples there.. The women were doing there best to keep me away from there guys. Lets just say I talk a good talk about NOT getting married....

The groom and two of his ushers cried... Geesh, no wonder America is going to hel with weak $uck men like this.......

Another "roll of the dice" I called it.. Over 50% divorce rate in the US.. Pretty crummy odds if you ask me.....

bradamerry
09-07-2004, 05:08 PM
But love is a powerful thing. I believe alot of young people get married to fast and it doesn't always work out, but I dated my wife for 4 yrs, and lived with her for a 1 1/2 yrs before we said our I do's! We both know what we were getting, but that makes me wonder why she went through with it :confused: ?

BriEOD
09-07-2004, 05:16 PM
Rick,

Was it a wedding or a funeral? :D That's classic the buisness card. That certainly suits you well! You're right we do have a high divorce rate. It's a crap shoot...

bradamerry
09-07-2004, 05:20 PM
The biggest problem is that people can change so much so fast. One thing goes wrong and their both looking for an East Texas Skier to give some money to!

MarkP
09-07-2004, 05:22 PM
Wow Brad, and I thought I rushed into things.:o Dated 4, lived with 9, and now married 10.

MarkP
09-07-2004, 05:25 PM
Now that I think about it, the first two numbers may have been 6 and 7

MarkP
09-07-2004, 05:26 PM
Oh, and rick, how did you get on that invite list:noface:

bradamerry
09-07-2004, 05:29 PM
See I just rushed into it. I could be staying at home with your job and she could be working, if I would have followed your example! Redneck screw up! I should have been thinking instead of hunting something :confused: !

bradamerry
09-07-2004, 05:30 PM
2000 MarkP, Doug better wake up!!! :toast:

MarkP
09-07-2004, 05:34 PM
Doug can rest. I think it would take nearly a year for anyone to catch that machine.:worthy: That’s if he stopped posting.:o

bradamerry
09-07-2004, 05:36 PM
The only way Doug will stop posting, is for us to send him more clients!!!

east tx skier
09-07-2004, 05:37 PM
I hope Mark catches me. Too much pressure. ;)

As for me, dated 4 years, engaged for 7 months, married for 2.5 years and counting.

bcampbe7
09-07-2004, 05:37 PM
Dated for 6 years, lived together 0, been married for 3.
I worked with a guy that got divorced and turned around about 1 year later and remarried the same women. Not sure what the he|| he was thinking, but...

bradamerry
09-07-2004, 05:39 PM
I know a guy that remarried the same women 3 times. Now how drunk can one get :friday: ?

MarkP
09-07-2004, 05:40 PM
Hey I thought we had a conversation going about , How the heck Rick got invited to a wedding:confused:

bradamerry
09-07-2004, 05:43 PM
The bride must not have known him or maybe the groom had him throw the bachelor party?

MarkP
09-07-2004, 05:46 PM
sounds like Rick had him crying:cry: ..

lakes Rick
09-07-2004, 05:49 PM
I know a guy that remarried the same women 3 times. Now how drunk can one get :friday: ?

Its like buying back that old car you got rid of.. You only think about the "good times" you had in it.. Then when its back, you remember all the squeaks, leaks, doesn't run right, the "Rusty patch" on the left fender... ah yes, we men can be fools......

lakes Rick
09-07-2004, 05:50 PM
Hey I thought we had a conversation going about , How the heck Rick got invited to a wedding:confused:

I think the question here should be " Will I get invited to another ?"

MarkP
09-07-2004, 05:52 PM
I dont think that will be a question:uglyhamme :noface: :twocents: :banana:

east tx skier
09-07-2004, 05:52 PM
LOL! Just thinking about Vince Vaughn in Old School.

"Do I look like a happy guy to you, Frank. Look at her. 'Hi, Sweetheart.' Always watching, judging. 'Look at the baby! Look at the Baby.'"

bradamerry
09-07-2004, 05:53 PM
And he got her a new $10,000 ring for every one! How much could she have change in the few months they were apart all those times?

lakes Rick
09-07-2004, 05:56 PM
LOL! Just thinking about Vince Vaughn in Old School.

"Do I look like a happy guy to you, Frank. Look at her. 'Hi, Sweetheart.' Always watching, judging. 'Look at the baby! Look at the Baby.'"

And they say TV is fake.......

Leroy
09-07-2004, 06:04 PM
Funny thread, for me, dated/lived together ~2 years and married 17.

Doug, you hit it, I think Old School poked at so many marriage problems. Frank's funny line "we're going streaking" love that scene and Frank the tank is classic male behavior. Oh yeah busy day, going to Lowes, Bed Bath and Beyond, then he hits the beer bong, once, twice.....Frank the tank is back!

tex
09-07-2004, 06:18 PM
lakes rick-does your friend's son and new bride ski?

east tx skier
09-07-2004, 06:26 PM
"... I don't know if we'll have enough tiiiime."

"It's cool! It's cool! Bring your green hat!"

NeilM
09-07-2004, 06:54 PM
Great Thread. I suspect no one has ever accused Rick of having too much tact when the subject is 'marriage' :D

Me: Dated for 1 month (during this period of time, she learned to waterski and drive the boat - I did have my priorities); engaged for 11 months(!); (never lived together prior to marriage); married 27 years and counting...

yeah, staying married takes some effort, (not all of it pleasant, either - just ask my wife:o:D ) but from what I've seen and experienced so far, it's far better to invest in that effort than expend even more on a divorce.. We talk a lot, on some subjects we just plain "agree to disagree", and go from there.

André
09-07-2004, 07:21 PM
Dated for 2 years ,living together for 4 and not planning on getting married until Rick tells me to! :toast:

bradamerry
09-07-2004, 07:44 PM
That's one way to get on Rick's buddy list!

lakes Rick
09-07-2004, 07:59 PM
Great Thread. I suspect no one has ever accused Rick of having too much tact when the subject is 'marriage' :D

Me: Dated for 1 month (during this period of time, she learned to waterski and drive the boat - I did have my priorities); engaged for 11 months(!); (never lived together prior to marriage); married 27 years and counting...

yeah, staying married takes some effort, (not all of it pleasant, either - just ask my wife:o:D ) but from what I've seen and experienced so far, it's far better to invest in that effort than expend even more on a divorce.. We talk a lot, on some subjects we just plain "agree to disagree", and go from there.

Neil , the biggest problem is if ONE decides then BOTH have to abide.... I have heard lots of people make then same comment as above not realizing they will have NOTHING TO SAY about it if the other half wants to divorce in a NO FAULT legal climate.....

lakes Rick
09-07-2004, 08:02 PM
Dated for 2 years ,living together for 4 and not planning on getting married until Rick tells me to! :toast:

Andre', let me rewrite this for you..

Dated for 2 years, currently living together for 4. ( better check the local laws on "common law marriage" ( I am sure she has) NOT planning on getting married to anyone.. What Rick says doesn't matter.....