PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass Issues

Keep on Tryin'
08-19-2013, 12:09 PM
Yesterday my Perfect Pass would not maintain speed at all. I had this unit dealer installed in June.
The control unit seemed to work. It would turn on, beep to indicate engagement, and even provide "more throttle" messages, but it would not regulate speed. I tried RPM mode as well as MPH mode with similar results.
When examining the unit / troubleshooting, I observed that the gold resister (or whatever it is) on the side of the throttle control unit was VERY hot to the touch. (see pics) I have no idea if this is what caused the failure, but it was the only thing I noticed that seemed out of the ordinary. Hopefully this is covered under warranty. I have not made any modifications to the boat, or installed any additional accessories since having the Perfect Pass installed.
I have emailed the dealer, but they're closed today.

Keep on Tryin'
08-19-2013, 12:12 PM
Forgot to add it is the PerfectPass Stargazer Three Event edition.

André
08-19-2013, 04:13 PM
It s normal for the gold thing to be very hot as per PP manual.
Does the servo wind up when you turn the key to on...

Keep on Tryin'
08-19-2013, 04:33 PM
Not that I saw. We went through a few throttle up / down cycles and I did not see it move. I believe my wife turned off the ignition while I was back there, and l saw no movement. I didn't have full manual on the boat, just the quick reference.

André
08-19-2013, 05:13 PM
Read this!:)
Hope it help! Check the start up procedure.
http://www.perfectpass.com/sites/all/themes/perfectpass%20-%20Copy/images/troubleshooting/Trouble.StarGazer.Mechanical.pdf

epnault
08-20-2013, 12:09 AM
I had this issue this season. There is a tiny set screw on the black knob. Make sure it tight and on the flat of the servo motor shaft.

bturner2
08-20-2013, 07:55 AM
If all else fails call PP. They have great customer support.

Keep on Tryin'
08-28-2013, 08:54 AM
The dealer says the issue turned out to be a seized servo motor.
We are still waiting for the part to arrive. Hoping to have it before this weekend.
PerfectPass was just installed this June. Now that I've had it for a couple months, boating is just not the same without it. Especially surfing!

CC2MC
08-28-2013, 03:36 PM
That is great that they figured it out. Hopefully everything will be back to normal this weekend for you.