PDA

View Full Version : Which Prefect Pass

Flatwaterfooter
08-19-2013, 12:47 PM
Not near the boat looking for what model PP is in a 2006 PS 197. Need to download the manual. Was trying to use it this weekend, have not used it in the past. When pulling skier out of the water seemed to really bog down on the start. With that being said I need to replace my MMDC gauges are not working. Was running PP in RPM mode. Any tips or advice is appreciated.

east tx skier
08-19-2013, 12:58 PM
It's going to be the throttle by wire version of digital pro 6.5ng, or it was possibly upgraded to Stargazer if you are not the original owner. None of that would explain its bogging down out of the hole unless, possibly, you are not being deliberate/smooth on powering up with the throttle. I have always felt like that era of drive by wire in MC lacked power feedback from the throttle arm, making it difficult to know how much power I was hitting the skier with. If this is a new boat to you, it could be that the throttle by wire will take some getting used to.

Flatwaterfooter
08-19-2013, 01:12 PM
Throttling up should I come up smooth all the way to full throttle position? Thanks for the info I will find the manual.