PDA

View Full Version : Black seat backs?

rtw_travel
08-18-2013, 09:47 AM
We're looking at ordering a 2014. Long story

My question is on the interior colours. Anyone have experience with black? For those of you playing along at home, we're considering base 3 to be black in the 2014 'design-a-boat' for an X14V. Base 1& base 2 would be silver platinum.

For those of you not playing at home, base 3 is basically the shoulder rest area in each of the spotters seats, the captains chair and the two rear bench seats.

Will black be too hot.? We're in Canada, but it can still be hot out
Will it fade?
Will the vinyl or thread not last as long as a lighter shade because it will get hotter?

Thanks

andersonmc
08-18-2013, 01:03 PM
We did a one off custom blacked out interior in my last Mastercraft. It looked really cool since the whole boat was all black but I wouldn't do another black interior. It got pretty hot on the seats. So hot that you had to put towels down so you wouldn't burn. I wouldn't even do black carpet again. Just my 2 cents

Bambamski1
08-18-2013, 02:10 PM
If u can find some pics of my new x25 you'll see the colours we chose. You live in alberta it never gets warm enough to make a difference. We like our interior.

mpabreo
08-18-2013, 03:55 PM
I live in Louisiana and went with black as the 2nd base and 3rd base interior color on our 2014 xstar. The decision was made after sitting in a boat with some black interior that had been in the sun at our dealer for hours. It was no hotter than the other colors, even the white vinyl. I'm not worried about fading because I'm pretty anal about how I keep it cleaned, conditioned, and protected, and no matter what color, there will always be towels down. Hope that helps.

maxpower220
08-18-2013, 04:05 PM
I have had some black panels in vinyl, wouldn't do it again. I live down south, and the black was definitely hotter than the other colors. Although, at a certain point, everything it just hot.

rtw_travel
08-18-2013, 06:46 PM
Thanks everyone. That's very helpful

Redstorm
08-18-2013, 07:00 PM
You might want to think of resale as well! The new buyers of your boat will be contemplating the same issues. Resale will be more difficult I am sure. IMO.

mustangtexas
08-18-2013, 07:27 PM
Get a sample of black and place it on your current boat for the day to test heat gain.