PDA

View Full Version : Injury at the cable park

GoneBoatN
08-16-2013, 10:14 PM
My son and I went to the cable park yesterday. We both got one run in. He had a helmet on but took the injury to his forehead. He went off a kicker and landed it. But then there is a pretty sharp turn that follows and you can get quite a yank as the cable goes around the tower if you are not really careful/prepared. He said he was not quit ready for it and that it caused the board to nose in. He's not sure about the rest but it is obvious that board met head. He felt his head in the water and came away with blood on his hand. He did not realize how deep and big the gash was until I showed him the pictures later. One ER visit, 7 stitches = $125.00. He got off easy (so did dad) considering that he is OK otherwise.

I'm always telling him about his helmet not being strapped on correctly (rolled back) when bike riding and skate boarding. I wonder how much attention to detail the helmet will get going forward - much more is my guess - at least when wakeboarding.

DemolitionMan
08-16-2013, 10:17 PM
Hope he feels better. I did the same thing at the OWC and was looking out of the ear hole.

ricford
08-16-2013, 10:31 PM
Everybody needs a sports scar. Glad it wasn't more serious.

chriscraftmatt1976
08-16-2013, 10:35 PM
Ouch!

Chicks dig scars, and glory is forever... :)

JimN
08-16-2013, 10:51 PM
Can they make it look like it's another eye?

tex
08-16-2013, 11:00 PM
I love all my skiing scars except the 30 or so on my knee!

thatsmrmastercraft
08-17-2013, 12:04 AM

:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

GoneBoatN
08-17-2013, 12:46 AM
I love all my skiing scars except the 30 or so on my knee!

The staff at the cable park did a good job of cleaning it out and slapping a sterile pad on it. They also told him to be happy it was not a blown out knee which they have seen quite a few this year. A laceration will heal in short time; not so with a blown out knee.

GoneBoatN
08-17-2013, 12:50 AM

I kind of though the same thing. I did not say it to my son because I think he was not going to see the humor in it at the time. When he first got out of the water you could see the bone of the skull so it looked even more like it at that time.

GoneBoatN
08-17-2013, 12:52 AM
Ouch!

Chicks dig scars, and glory is forever... :)

And boys with girl friends play it up a bit. At least my son is today with his girl friend.