PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Ski Value?

landon
08-15-2013, 10:20 AM
Hi folks,
New member here just looking for info on some vintage skis I salvaged yesterday.
I picked them up thinking I could re-use them in a project vehicle I'm making... but after looking closer at them I realized they were pretty old and from Cypress Gardens, which I think was like a ski-mecca.
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post a question, or the wrong forum altogether!

Basically, I have these 3:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-x2bogVvAYqU/UgzfteCweXI/AAAAAAAAF4k/GzP4UeUFeI0/s500/IMG_0354.JPG
and I want to know if they have any collectible value, at all.
Any info you guys/gals can provide would be great. Thank you!!

east tx skier
08-15-2013, 11:01 AM
Depending on the binding rubber and overall condition, some of the combo sets of Dick Pope Cypress Gardens skis are going on ebay for upward of $150 (that is for the really good examples). If they are banged up, unskiable wall art, they will fetch a lot less.

I consider flat bottom wooden skis with big metal fins to be excellent trainer skis. I like them better than the wide trainer skis because they ride better once you are up on them. But the ones you can actually ride seem to be harder to find.

Of yours, I recognize the Mustang. I don't know that I have ever seen a ramp master or Acapulco.

I paid about $90 delivered for a newer combo pair of 59" CG wooden skis. My son has been learning to slalom on one of them.

landon
08-15-2013, 02:39 PM
Thank you very much for the info. I saw some of those models listed on eBay, but not really knowing anything about water skiing or skis, I didn't know if it was reasonable to compare what I have to those.
It sounds like they're worth more to me by selling them than if I cut them up for my project... ;)

Thanks again!

Ironhorse
08-19-2013, 09:03 AM
If you will ship them, I may be interested. I paid $75 for a pair of Cypress Garden skis last year that are hanging on my cabin wall. Shoot me a pm if interested.

skihound
08-16-2014, 05:03 AM
Hi Landon,

I am interested in the blue Ramp Master if it is still available. I am looking to do a series of vintage photos using original Cypress Gardens equipment. This won't be going on a wall or made into a wine rack. It needs to ride again! Please contact me by email
ironmanskier at gmail dot com. Thanks!

Tony Klarich

TNH2oSkier
08-16-2014, 11:10 AM
Barts water sports has a collection of old skis in their show room. I took a picture of the Ramp masters when I was there. The info card next to them stated they they almost put the company out of business because of massive warranty claims from breakage.