PDA

View Full Version : Some help for lake idiots

Kimper
08-14-2013, 08:24 PM
So I have seen a couple threads complaining about thoughtless boaters messing up nice water and doing other dumb things.

I highly recommend a Wet Sounds WS420 with microphone. This is my first summer with this fun device and here are some of my quotes from the very loud system:

"Rider down!"
"Please stay at least 50 feet from my fallen rider, MOVE BACK!"
"There is no need to power turn in this narrow channel to retrieve your fallen rider."
"You are too close to my boat!"
"Sorry for the rollers sir this is a tight area" (we surf alot)

Informative ones that I say to my rider/surfer that all can hear:

"Ok here comes a power turning tuber destroying your calm water so be ready for rollers!"

It actually has proven to work quite well, no one wants to get called out on the PA system so they sorta give us some space!

My wife is pretty sure I am going to end up in a fight using this system like this... And I might.. But I don't think I can stop!

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
08-14-2013, 08:36 PM
So I have seen a couple threads complaining about thoughtless boaters messing up nice water and doing other dumb things.

I highly recommend a Wet Sounds WS420 with microphone. This is my first summer with this fun device and here are some of my quotes from the very loud system:

"Rider down!"
"Please stay at least 50 feet from my fallen rider, MOVE BACK!"
"There is no need to power turn in this narrow channel to retrieve your fallen rider."
"You are too close to my boat!"

Informative ones that I say to my rider/surfer that all can hear:

"Ok here comes a power turning tuber destroying your calm water so be ready for rollers!"

It actually has proven to work quite well, no one wants to get called out on the PA system so they sorta give us some space!

My wife is pretty sure I am going to end up in a fight using this system like this... And I might.. But I don't think I can stop!

So your that guy huh. The others boaters probably think oh great there is the idiot with the p.a. system.

CantRepeat
08-14-2013, 08:40 PM
Same thread, different day.

Kimper
08-14-2013, 08:46 PM
So your that guy huh. The others boaters probably think oh great there is the idiot with the p.a. system.

Yup! Lol

chriscraftmatt1976
08-14-2013, 08:50 PM
Omg I love it...

Table Rocker
08-14-2013, 08:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF4ny7KivzA

Redstorm
08-14-2013, 08:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF4ny7KivzA

Lol:D

scott023
08-14-2013, 09:24 PM
Yikes. I might fire a few potatoes at you. Lol

thatsmrmastercraft
08-14-2013, 09:47 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-RARE-MR-MICROPHONE-BY-RONCO-ABSOLUTELY-MIB-SEALED-CIRCA-1983-/281114978169

Table Rocker
08-14-2013, 10:33 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-RARE-MR-MICROPHONE-BY-RONCO-ABSOLUTELY-MIB-SEALED-CIRCA-1983-/281114978169

A sacrifice at $100.

ski_king
08-14-2013, 11:10 PM
I am guessing you had to say this to...

to the same guy you earlier said this to....

Kimper
08-15-2013, 12:42 PM
I am guessing you had to say this to...

to the same guy you earlier said this to....

No, and I know you skiers hate surfers, but regardless surfing is a legit behind the boat calm water preferred activity. We try to surf as far as possible from other boaters, but sometimes when you just cant go anywhere else at least I apologize for the tidal wave...

A powerturn to pick up a fallen rider or surfer is never warranted unless the rider is in danger or hurt.

That Mr. Microphone commercial is awesome! I got a new one from it:
"We will be back to pick you up later good looking!"

bjames
08-15-2013, 01:36 PM
One thig I DO NOT GET.

Why do tubers always find the flattest calmest water only to make their own waves for the tuber? If they stay out further in the chop, they dont have to work as hard to create waves.

Skipper
08-15-2013, 01:55 PM
One thig I DO NOT GET.

Why do tubers always find the flattest calmest water only to make their own waves for the tuber? If they stay out further in the chop, they dont have to work as hard to create waves.

Careful now, you might be confused with somebody who thinks that "it's all about me".

Not to worry, you have at least one allie in me. Golly, it sure messes things up when that happens. But, sheez, they are just having some fun. Would you like anothe hash brownie?

oumiller28
08-15-2013, 02:19 PM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=483&pictureid=3169I have the WS420 with PA. I got mine because I was tired of people driving their boats right behind me when I am pulling wake boarders, more specifically my daughters. My girls learned to ride at 4 and 7. They were small enough when they are up but when they would go down, almost invisible. So I got used to "Do not follow me, you are to close to my rider". I never understand why people want to run right behind a boarder/skier.

CantRepeat
08-15-2013, 02:20 PM
One thig I DO NOT GET.

Probably because they are trying to make waves for the tube, but not necessarily for the boat?

On the other hand, they may not have a clue what glass means to other boater/skiers. Let's face it, unless you've tried to short line or speed ski you might not know what smooth waters means.

I believe that a lot of people don't know that some select people are looking to be left alone on a nice piece of water. To them, part of the fun is watching people and being watched so they might just gravitate to other boaters.

But in the end, same thread different day.

chriscraftmatt1976
08-15-2013, 02:22 PM
But in the end, same thread different day.[/QUOTE]

Yup.

kbob
08-15-2013, 02:44 PM
I am all in favor of a mandatory boating safety course for boat owners and renters...including safety, basic operating information, and good boating etiquette. At the end of the day everyone is free to use the lake as they choose for the most part. To be honest tubing is more fun when the water is smooth as you can be whipped around at insane speeds and so are jet skis. I prefer glassy water for doing all sports. That's part of the fun of getting up early in hopes to be the first boat out...but if I'm not I still have fun regardless. Don't get me wrong, I've had my fair share moments when I wish I had a PA system because of safety issues with other boats or the tubers chopping up my glass, but I also know at some point in my life I'll be the guy pulling my kids around on a tube in my Mastercraft someday.

chriscraftmatt1976
08-15-2013, 02:45 PM
Boaters safety cert should be mandatory.

TxsRiverRat
08-15-2013, 02:50 PM

LOVED the commercial... "hey good lookin, we'll be back to pick ya up later..."

Kimper
08-15-2013, 02:58 PM
I have the WS420 with PA. I got mine because I was tired of people driving their boats right behind me when I am pulling wake boarders, more specifically my daughters. My girls learned to ride at 4 and 7. They were small enough when they are up but when they would go down, almost invisible. So I got used to "Do not follow me, you are to close to my rider". I never understand why people want to run right behind a boarder/skier.

That's awesome! Its a pretty effective way to enhance safety and ward off the inevitable idiots on a busy lake. I also just bought an air horn for front facing audible alerts. The tower speakers don't project too far in front of us.

sp00ky
08-15-2013, 03:09 PM
Careful now, you might be confused with somebody who thinks that "it's all about me".

Not to worry, you have at least one allie in me. Golly, it sure messes things up when that happens. But, sheez, they are just having some fun. Would you like anothe hash brownie?

Yep you dont want to be that guy. Lol

Kimper
08-17-2013, 09:42 PM
I forgot my favorite one for 2 males on a jet ski:

"Don't be afraid to hold him tight... !"

jsturvey
08-17-2013, 10:09 PM
Last time I as out, it was the pontooners that seemed to be getting in the way, along with another tooner who was totally ignorant of the No Wake zone.

Hey Kimper, I see you are in SA. Do you run on Canyon regularly? I'm in the Cibolo area.

fz1dba
08-17-2013, 11:45 PM
Nutts to Butts...

I forgot my favorite one for 2 males on a jet ski:

"Don't be afraid to hold him tight... !"

sp00ky
08-18-2013, 12:03 AM
Nutts to Butts...

Thats hilarious saw 3 the other day with the last one waving like a retard at the girls in my boat. I know its not PC to say but I dont give a ****.

chriscraftmatt1976
08-18-2013, 10:13 AM
Nutts to Butts...

Lmao.... :):):)

Kimper
08-18-2013, 11:48 AM
Last time I as out, it was the pontooners that seemed to be getting in the way, along with another tooner who was totally ignorant of the No Wake zone.

Hey Kimper, I see you are in SA. Do you run on Canyon regularly? I'm in the Cibolo area.

House at lake LBJ.. No trailer.. So it's always LBJ.