PDA

View Full Version : New experience with a Jet-Skier...

waterbug
08-14-2013, 02:37 PM
So, I hear and read about all the problems with tubers, set skis, surfers, etc.... ruining the nice calm water. I have experienced them all too! Especially on the Chain of lakes I live on. This is a resort community, so there's lots of Citiots vacationing here throughout the summer.

Well, here is a new one for me...

A buddy and I found a glassy stretch of shoreline to do some skiing and footin' the other evening. A guy and his yourg daughter were on their Sea-Doo messing around in the same area. It didn't really bother me as he was in the area first, I just wanted to keep a safe distance, and we were not taking our skiing too seriously that night. To my amazement, when we started, he came to a complete stop and they watched us for a half hour. After we were finished, I waved him over to say hi and thank him. His response was that he did not want to mess up the nice glass water for us and complimented us on our ability.....

WOW! First time for everything. That made my night.....

thatsmrmastercraft
08-14-2013, 02:41 PM
They aren't all morons, though sometimes it sure seems that way.

mikeg205
08-14-2013, 02:50 PM
That's alright - most of them will be off the water after Labor Day...anyway... ;)

sp00ky
08-14-2013, 03:22 PM
So, I hear and read about all the problems with tubers, set skis, surfers, etc.... ruining the nice calm water. I have experienced them all too! Especially on the Chain of lakes I live on. This is a resort community, so there's lots of Citiots vacationing here throughout hte summer.

Well, here is a new one for me...

A buddy and I found a glassy stretch of shoreline to do some skiing and footin' the other evening. A guy and his yourg daughter were on their Sea-Doo messing around in the same area. It didn't really bother me as he was in the area first, I just wanted to keep a safe distance, and we were not taking our skiing too seriously that night. To my amazement, when we started, he came to a complete stop and they watched us for a half hour. After we were finished, I waved him over to say hi and thank him. His response was that he did not want to mess up the nice glass water for us and complimented us on our ability.....

WOW! First time for everything. That made my night.....

That's awesome. This is the courtesy I show and the mistake I make is assuming others should know to show the same.

Iskidaily
08-14-2013, 04:14 PM
nice to read a good news story! That said, I'll jack the thread with the other side of the story... My wife downloaded a bunch of pictures the other day and guess what I saw. Grr