PDA

View Full Version : Wake Board tower and Anchor Light

dlesoski
08-13-2013, 02:26 PM
Just bought a 2011 X-25 and it has the power tower. Problem is that I can NOT fit it under my garage door opening UNLESS I unscrew the anchor light/rope hook-up. My concern is the twisting of the wiring that goes to the anchor light everytime I perform this maneuver. Is there any other solution?

Don't want to have to deflate tires and re-inflate each time. THANKS for any and all advice as I am a novice to all this but lover the MC!!! D

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
08-16-2013, 12:50 AM
Just bought a 2011 X-25 and it has the power tower. Problem is that I can NOT fit it under my garage door opening UNLESS I unscrew the anchor light/rope hook-up. My concern is the twisting of the wiring that goes to the anchor light everytime I perform this maneuver. Is there any other solution?

Don't want to have to deflate tires and re-inflate each time. THANKS for any and all advice as I am a novice to all this but lover the MC!!! D

Perhaps adding an electrical quick disconnect to the white light on the tower is an option.

jakethebt
08-16-2013, 09:22 AM
Agreed. There has to be a simple solution. Anyway to convert it to screw in like a light bulb. Hot I the middle, ground on the outside?

BrooksfamX2
08-16-2013, 10:52 AM
Will jacking up the tongue wheel be enough to lower the back end and the light to get through the door?

tex
08-16-2013, 07:42 PM
May sound silly but can you fold the tower down?

texasjet
08-16-2013, 11:56 PM
May sound silly but can you fold the tower down?

I'm with Tex on this one, unless we just aren't understanding the real problem?

JRW160
08-17-2013, 12:03 AM
I'm pretty sure he is saying he can't fit it with the tower down. I can't imagine that he couldn't figure out how the push the down button on the power tower to make the light clear.

I don't know if the light sits forward or aft of the wheels on the trailer, but I would try a drop hitch or a raised hitch.

dlesoski
08-19-2013, 11:00 AM
Yes, tower fully down. When folded down, nav light is aft of the tandem wheels. Lowered the hitch on vehicle and still can't clear garage door entrance by centimeters. Don't really want to unhitch boat from vehicle, raise trailer jack and PUSH boat into garage.
Quick disconnects will not work as the wires have to twist when one removes or puts on the Nav light/rope post. Thanks for all the help so far but still searching.

longboardebo
06-05-2014, 06:06 PM
Maybe just remove the light from the top of the tower all together and put a connector up there and then buy a standard anchor light an attach it to the tower with a Velcro strap.

I guess the question I would ask is how often do you use the boat at night and do you really need it or is it only once in a great while. I get the looks aspect, but you can take the top of the light off the existing light and attach that to the top of the rope swivel to finish it off.

I have probably used my anchor lights no more than 5 times out of 100...

jmorone
06-05-2014, 07:27 PM
Does it clear the door but not the opening header (usually you can get the door above the header)? You know where I am going...can you notch the the header? Can you change the framing material of the opening to something smaller in profile? Can you remove the header trim?

dt37803
06-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Check out what I did to solve my door height problem
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=58167

bcd
06-06-2014, 09:50 AM
How far away from the closest trailer wheel is the high point, and is it behind it? I had a custom trailer hitch made to be able to jack the front of the boat up while still attached to the truck to get mine to squeak into the garage. It bought me 1-2" of clearance. Here's a thread with some pictures:
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=45830&page=2

I'm done using it. If it will work for you, you can have it for the cost of shipping. Otherwise, you can have a local machine shop make one up for a couple hundred bucks. If you are interested, I can give you the height measurements and you can see if it would work for you. Once you get the hang of it, it's not too bad to get it in and out this way. It's definitely better/quicker than flattening the tires.

bcd
06-06-2014, 09:52 AM
Just noticed this thread is from 2013. Must have found a solution already.