PDA

View Full Version : Wake Board tower and Anchor Light

dlesoski
08-13-2013, 01:26 PM
Just bought a 2011 X-25 and it has the power tower. Problem is that I can NOT fit it under my garage door opening UNLESS I unscrew the anchor light/rope hook-up. My concern is the twisting of the wiring that goes to the anchor light everytime I perform this maneuver. Is there any other solution?

Don't want to have to deflate tires and re-inflate each time. THANKS for any and all advice as I am a novice to all this but lover the MC!!! D

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
08-15-2013, 11:50 PM
Just bought a 2011 X-25 and it has the power tower. Problem is that I can NOT fit it under my garage door opening UNLESS I unscrew the anchor light/rope hook-up. My concern is the twisting of the wiring that goes to the anchor light everytime I perform this maneuver. Is there any other solution?

Don't want to have to deflate tires and re-inflate each time. THANKS for any and all advice as I am a novice to all this but lover the MC!!! D

Perhaps adding an electrical quick disconnect to the white light on the tower is an option.

jakethebt
08-16-2013, 08:22 AM
Agreed. There has to be a simple solution. Anyway to convert it to screw in like a light bulb. Hot I the middle, ground on the outside?

BrooksfamX2
08-16-2013, 09:52 AM
Will jacking up the tongue wheel be enough to lower the back end and the light to get through the door?

tex
08-16-2013, 06:42 PM
May sound silly but can you fold the tower down?

texasjet
08-16-2013, 10:56 PM
May sound silly but can you fold the tower down?

I'm with Tex on this one, unless we just aren't understanding the real problem?

JRW160
08-16-2013, 11:03 PM
I'm pretty sure he is saying he can't fit it with the tower down. I can't imagine that he couldn't figure out how the push the down button on the power tower to make the light clear.

I don't know if the light sits forward or aft of the wheels on the trailer, but I would try a drop hitch or a raised hitch.

dlesoski
08-19-2013, 10:00 AM
Yes, tower fully down. When folded down, nav light is aft of the tandem wheels. Lowered the hitch on vehicle and still can't clear garage door entrance by centimeters. Don't really want to unhitch boat from vehicle, raise trailer jack and PUSH boat into garage.
Quick disconnects will not work as the wires have to twist when one removes or puts on the Nav light/rope post. Thanks for all the help so far but still searching.