PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Maristar 210 questions

CC2MC
08-13-2013, 12:13 AM
I am looking at a 2003 Maristar 210 and have a few questions about it. Does that model year come with a paddle wheel for the speedometer or the pitot tubes? It does not have PP, so I am thinking ahead. Also, how is the wakeboard and surf wake? I have only surfed a couple times behind a friend's boat, but I would like to have the option. Is the hull like a smaller version of the 230? I have no idea what prop comes on it, but I would like to put probably about 1200-1500lbs of ballast in it. It has the Raptor engine with 524 hrs or so.

I am not a great wakeboarder and I think I have past my prime so it is not imperative that the wake just be killer, as long as it is better than my PS 205. I will mostly be doing the sky ski behind it and pulling my wife on the wakeboard, who is just a beginner at this point. Thanks for the help.

Moosecrackers
08-13-2013, 10:37 AM
I can help a little with the surfing question. We surf with our 2004 VRS 210. It does pretty well with 400# in the rear locker and a couple of people on the port side.

Mine does have a paddle wheel for the speedometer.

LaRue
08-13-2013, 11:14 AM
I have not been in other Mastercraft boats other than the 197 but here is my thoughts on the Maristar 210 as an owner of a 2000 210.

She will do most everything well but I wouldn't barefoot behind her. :rolleyes:

She throws a decent wake for boarding without fatsacs but having adding fatsacs this year, (2- 400# and 1- center locker) there has been a big improvement.

Surfing is average. We used 800lbs in rear port locker and 400lbs in center. I would suggest no less than 750 in rear. Having some additional weight in bow will also help.

She is fine for recreational skiing but be assured she will provide you with a good bump crossing the wake. I ski at 32 and it still causes me to pucker. Now if i would keep my ski on edge...

Our upgrade to Stargazer changed the way we boat. Wonderful upgrade!!

Summary...Our family really enjoys our Maristar 210. She fits our needs well although I have made the biggest compromise in regards to ski wake. But hey, that is part of my role as husband and father. :smile:

CC2MC
08-13-2013, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the replies. That is good to know that the 2004 has the paddle wheel, but I am thinking it was either 2003 or 2004 that they changed from the pitot tubes. If I got PP, I would definitely get the Stargazer. looks like the surf wake is just about what I am looking for. Not huge, but surfable for sure as well as the wakeboard wake. As far as the ski wake goes, I am fine with that, bc I can't really remember the last time I went slaloming anyway. Besides, my neighbor has a 2002 SN 196 that has one of the best slalom wakes out there. So if I really want to strap on a slalom ski, I will just get him to pull me. One of my main reasons for the potential upgrade would be for the space more than anything else. I really like the space under the seats and on either side of the engine. It would give me a place to store my ballast bags plus the Sky Ski, as that tends to take up a lot of space. It would be nice to have a rack for it on the tower, but those things are not cheap!

Moose and LaRue, which engines do y'all have in your boats? I am a little concerned as to how the Raptor engine will handle the extra weight, more wakeboarding than surfing. Right now, I just have two 400lb fat sacks but plan on getting at least one more for the ski locker. That gets back to the prop question. Are you running stock props and what size and pitch?

LaRue
08-13-2013, 12:25 PM
LTR engine 330HP. That was an upgrade in the year 2000

Stock prop. Off hand I do not know specs. If you want to board and surf, you will want PP.

CC2MC
08-13-2013, 01:54 PM
PP is a given. That is why I am asking about the paddle wheel. If I need to get one from PP, I will, but I am wondering what all I will need to order if and when the time comes. If I end up buying the boat, I will probably wait until Christmas or my birthday, in March to get the PP. Another reason for the prop questions is that I have a brand new ACME prop that may or may not work. I will cross that bridge when I get there I guess.

Moosecrackers
08-13-2013, 02:06 PM
My boat has the MCX. Stock prop.

Sent using Tapatalk

CC2MC
08-13-2013, 03:28 PM
What was I thinking?! If I want the GPS PP, then I will not even need the paddle wheel or pitot tubes for that matter. Below is a shot of the boat and that is not my kid. Does anyone have one of these towers? It is a Big Air H2O, I believe. I am curious as to how sturdy it is. Man, if this boat had the MCX, it would be even nicer. Oh well.

http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s461/DoThadoo/Backcornerchips_zps62c0233d.jpg (http://s1053.photobucket.com/user/DoThadoo/media/Backcornerchips_zps62c0233d.jpg.html)

BWB-745-
08-13-2013, 05:06 PM
Is that the one in Auburn? I saw that also, its a good deal man, I'd go for it!

Goalie_ken
08-13-2013, 06:56 PM
Regarding PP. I just bought a Stargazer setup for my 2000 Maristar with LT-R. Make sure to get it from max@skiertoskier.com. Great price and great customer service. I plan on installing it this week.

CC2MC
08-13-2013, 11:22 PM
Is that the one in Auburn? I saw that also, its a good deal man, I'd go for it!

Yup, it is. It is not available for a drive until this weekend, so I guess we will see then, assuming it does not get rained out.

Regarding PP. I just bought a Stargazer setup for my 2000 Maristar with LT-R. Make sure to get it from max@skiertoskier.com. Great price and great customer service. I plan on installing it this week.

Thanks Goalie_ken. I have looked into Skier to Skier before and I do plan to get it from him when the time comes. Thanks for the email address.