PDA

View Full Version : Faria

Redstorm
08-12-2013, 09:17 PM
Anybody using or has used a Faria digital depth sounder with water and air temp? One I am lookin at has the transom mount transducer. If so what are your thoughts and are they a good product. Any issues I should be aware of? Thanks in advance!!

Skipper
08-12-2013, 09:39 PM
I had a Faria depth sounder in my old ski boat. It had an in hull transducer. It was easy to install and accurate. Worth the investment.

Retoxtony
08-13-2013, 01:49 AM
I installed a Faria last winter and its worked great all summer. Mine is the shoot thru hull so it doesnt do temperatures. Its a good quality unit and was great to install so i imagine the one with temp would be no different.

maxpower220
08-13-2013, 09:50 AM
Faria is a good product. However, to get water temp, you will need a probe in the water. That can be done with a hole through your boat or in one of the hoses. That is the only downfall.

east tx skier
08-13-2013, 11:04 AM
I have one that replaced my perfect pass paddle wheel that wasn't being used apart from water temp. So it is a true through hull shot (not in hull). The air temp sensor is stuffed under the dash. The water temp sensor is run out of the old airguide speedometor tubing hole at the transom since I was not using a pitot pickup on that side.

Works extremely well.