PDA

View Full Version : fuel guage question

bamabonners
08-12-2013, 12:32 PM
2013 X2.

I had my fuel alarm go off (set at 10%). Alarm went off when were were idling. Get up on plane and the reading is at 1/2 tank. I put fuel in - only 22 gallons and it now says full. I thought the x2 had a 45 gallon tank.

When on plane, the guage seems to read at least 1/4 more than when level (obviously the sensor is in the back). Which reading would you say is the real reading (level or on plane)?

dsword
08-12-2013, 12:45 PM
The fuel gauges are almost always off. You reading is pretty typical. Less at rest(level) more on plane(stern low). It looks as if you gauge reads 10% left when you have more like 50% left. You don't want to go below about 25% left or you could risk damaging your fuel pump.

David Sword

Harry Reynolds
08-12-2013, 01:12 PM
Pop the seats out and look at the tank to determine the level. I use this method when filling the boat up as well. As most here will agree getting the boat full without getting a huge burp of fuel everywhere is really tough unless you are in the boat watching the level. You are correct that the fuel tank is around 45 gallons. My 07 is 44 gal.

Quinten
08-12-2013, 02:44 PM
45 gal for 2013 is correct (http://www.mastercraft.com/boat/detail/x2)
Our 2012 x2 is pretty correct on the fuel level.

+2 on checking visuel under the rear middle seat ;)

swatguy
08-12-2013, 02:52 PM
One great fill up tip I have used ( tho the EPA may find me and make me disappear) is grab 2or 3 paper towels from gas station, wrap them around the nozzle beween boat side and the splash guard on the nozzle, jam nozzle in and it will seal it up. Any splash back will get immediately soaked up by paper towel on the way out and doesn't go all over my boat. Been doing it for a loooooooong time like that.