PDA

View Full Version : X Star Starting issue, possibly fuel pump

PremierPOWER
08-10-2013, 03:01 AM
Well long story short, we ran the boat all week while tuning the speakers and t started and ran fine every time. Towed it 5 hours down to lake Cumberland today and it started for 5-10 sec and now nothing (seems it just burned the fuel in the lines up). We took the valve stem cap off And pushed on the stem to see if fuel was coming out (could hear the fuel pump on ignition, and verified no pump with kill switch pulled). It just cranks and cranks as if the kill switch is pulled but its not. I'm limited on tools and diagnosing equipment down here but I can't imagine what else it would be. Any suggestions as we are trying to make an event tomorrow.

André
08-10-2013, 07:46 AM
So,was there fuel pressure when you pushed on the schraeder valve...:confused:
If no fuel,the first suspect ,as usual,is the fuel pump.
Read the -Fuel pump 101- thread.
Good luck!

PremierPOWER
08-10-2013, 08:36 AM
Whoops forgot to write in that no fuel when I pushed the Schrader valve. I'm trying to find a compatible 60psi fuel pump from napa or auto store since no dealers anywhere close

Skyskiguy
08-10-2013, 12:24 PM
Airtex E2044

oumiller28
08-10-2013, 06:03 PM
I had the same issue with my 07 X-Star with just over 300 hours on it. I have seen people say just to replace the pump. After I pulled everything out I think I should replace the fuel filter too. Any thoughts or suggestions? I see replacement parts for the pump (airtex E2044) but nothing about the fuel filter. I have no clue where to get the replacement filter, other than ordering one from MC.
All help is greatly appreciated!!

PremierPOWER
08-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Got up early yesterday and the guy at auto zone cross referenced the airtex 2044 with the part numbers I found on the 101 thread. Got the pump installed in about 1/2 hr and boat ran great all day! Need to change the filter now but the original pump lasted 575 hrs

mikeg205
08-11-2013, 08:06 PM
Got up early yesterday and the guy at auto zone cross referenced the airtex 2044 with the part numbers I found on the 101 thread. Got the pump installed in about 1/2 hr and boat ran great all day! Need to change the filter now but the original pump lasted 575 hrs

awesome!!!! :) Love reading the the quick reasonable fix!!!!

Jerseydave
08-11-2013, 11:28 PM
skidim sells the fuel filter.

Just curious, ever run your tank below 1/4 tank of fuel? If so, don't do that anymore. With little gas around the fuel pump it will run hot and fail early.