PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, how is the X14V for wakeboarding?

h2oskiluvr
08-08-2013, 11:53 PM
I am interested but I just don't know if it is going to be good enough long term. How do others like it for wakeboarding?

h2oskiluvr
08-09-2013, 02:10 PM
crickets... really. Come on wakeboarders! I know you have an opinion. :)

mramerman@gmail.com
08-09-2013, 07:11 PM
My brother-in-law is former pro and he finds the ramps smooth and surprisingly good considering it is a flat bottom boat. He would say great intermediate / recreational wakeboarder will get a lot from this---if you are on the advanced / aggressive side you might be bored with out incremental ballast. Clearly not an X-Star.

You buy this boat for its range between reasonable slalom wake and providing intermediate wakeboard option. It doesn't scale well beyond that due to the 197 hull shape.

h2oskiluvr
08-09-2013, 08:56 PM
Thank you for the great assessment!

oDANTESo
08-09-2013, 10:48 PM
We had an 2012 x14v this past year. Loved the boat. We slalom, wakeboard, and surf. We are only recreational/intermediate boarders and never came close to feeling like it held us back. I had a good wakeboarder on it once (he has a 2000 X-Star) and he was impressed with the wake. I'm not saying it was an X-Star wake, but he had no trouble throwing all of his inverts. We almost always had 8 - 10 people on it so if you only have a few going out, you will want some additional sacs. I agree with mramerman's assessment. The boat's genius is that it does all three sports well.

Probably worth mentioning, you will not be able put a ton of weight in it like some guys do with the x2, x25, x30, etc. It sits a litte lower and is easier to swamp the bow if you load it up and aren't paying attention, especially wake surfing. The flatter bottom that gives it a good ski wake and allows it to handle so well also does not give it as smooth of a ride on very choppy water. It's not bad but we don't go out on a leisure cruize in the middle of a windy day with a lot of boat traffic. It is a lot of fun to drive though. Totally different boat than an X2 or X-star.