PDA

View Full Version : Lake Houston/Upper San Jac River

gwozhog
08-08-2013, 11:53 PM
I thought I would start a thread for riders who ride North East Houston. I have been putting in off 59 north and Hamblen Rd because I live in the front of Kingwood. It is a dirt drive way with a very short concrete ramp so be prepared for you tow vehicle to get dirty. The owner of the property only charges 5 bucks to put in. Once you are in there is only one stump you have to watch for and its about a 1/2 mile east of the railroad trax right past the old townhomes on the river. The river is usually very smooth all the way to West lake Houston however its very shallow in some spots. Close to 3.5 ft in a lot of areas so we could use some rain. If you are going big on jumps you might come up with a mouthful of mudd so be careful. If you have any helpful tips or know of danger areas please post them.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
08-09-2013, 10:17 AM
I might have to start using Hamblin as well, In the near future KW HOA will be closing KW boat ramp to dredge out the dock to the main channel, and be closed for ~2 months or so they say. You can usually maintain around 5-6 ft if you stay on the proper side of river and follow the original channel, stumps are usually not a concern but occasionally a few floaters will be seen. A few "big" wake boats are usually out with guys with big air and I haven't seen anyone come up looking like they had a mud bath, lol. I will try and mark up a map with the best course and post it up.
I am going to try and be out Saturday, after 3pm.

TxsRiverRat
08-09-2013, 11:47 AM
Hog - post up a few river pics man.....

TayMC197
08-09-2013, 11:51 AM
I know this place..

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
08-09-2013, 01:43 PM
Hog - post up a few river pics man.....

TxsRiverRat
08-09-2013, 02:02 PM
man, that looks like the Brazos!

is it brackish?

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
08-09-2013, 02:03 PM
man, that looks like the Brazos!

is it brackish?

No, just muddy, lol

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
08-12-2013, 01:26 PM
This past Sunday,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8B1FprFxJw&feature=youtu.be

TayMC197
08-12-2013, 01:32 PM
Right up the road from you guys. Not going to mention what TT member that is skiing. He's off in Colorado now 'Skipper"ing his own boat. That is my old 190 by the way.

TxsRiverRat
08-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Nice pics man!

gwozhog
08-17-2013, 12:04 AM
Looks like they have started dredging woodland hills river grove park. I saw a guy working this afternoon. It was a great day until the bottom fell out around 5 pm

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
08-17-2013, 12:52 AM
Looks like they have started dredging woodland hills river grove park. I saw a guy working this afternoon. It was a great day until the bottom fell out around 5 pm

Yes, they started this past week, they say the ramp will be open saturday and sunday only through labor day, then closed for good until they are done, ~2 months.

gwozhog
08-24-2013, 10:53 PM
So I'm having a hard time finding people to go out on the water. I got a boat and have no driver. Big problem for me when I want to ride. If Anyone is interested in riding the north san jac in kingwood shoot me a message.i really like getting out during the week around 3 to 4pm. I don't have a tower but do have a sky pylon so it gets the job done. My wake is not that big but if you have your own fat sack you can bring it. Here is my setup

gwozhog
08-24-2013, 10:55 PM
Another view

gwozhog
08-24-2013, 11:00 PM
Inside

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
08-24-2013, 11:07 PM
So I'm having a hard time finding people to go out on the water. I got a boat and have no driver. Big problem for me when I want to ride. If Anyone is interested in riding the north san jac in kingwood shoot me a message.i really like getting out during the week around 3 to 4pm. I don't have a tower but do have a sky pylon so it gets the job done. My wake is not that big but if you have your own fat sack you can bring it. Here is my setup

I have the same issue, usually it's just me and my 2 kids, 11 & 5 with wife when she can. My usual driver suffered a neck injury last year, I personally haven't wakeboarded in more than 1.5 yrs. We should get together, however I can't do weekdays.

gwozhog
08-24-2013, 11:24 PM
I have the same issue, usually it's just me and my 2 kids, 11 & 5 with wife when she can. My usual driver suffered a neck injury last year, I personally haven't wakeboarded in more than 1.5 yrs. We should get together, however I can't do weekdays.

Sounds good. Yeah most of my buddies I used to ride with are pretty beat up too. I will send you a PM with my number.